Posts by basjke

I don´t think so.

I got ~40° @S905X and ~50° @S912 box - without any cooling modding

Room temperature ~20°

I assume those temperatures are idle, or maybe using very very low load, because i have never seen such temperatures running a movie in Kodi on any box in my life, and I have also Minix and Himedia boxes.

I also belive from your previous posts that you own a Vorke Z6, and that box runs way above that 50°C, in fact it runs at 80°C on my boxes and about every owner that has posted on Freaktab.

basjke Do what we are doing. Modify a case fan or cpu fan to work from usb port and use it to cool your box ;)

I'm aware of that, but it didn't answer my question about the S905W.

On another note, I notice that on S912 the temperature climbs fairly quickly to 80°C, then stabilize, and fluctuate between 79 and 81°C.

Some devices lower frame rate gradually to lower the temperature by a few degrees, then increase the frame rate again to 60 fps. Rinse and repeat.

Others keep the temperature at that level even without lowering frame rate.

So something must be in place that controls the temperature at this point.

Could we therefore assume that 80°C is a safe temperature for this processor?

A question regarding the S905W.

These days pretty much of the cheap boxes run hot.

I found that once a S905X or S912 box runs hot it will decrease the frame rate to reduce the heat. So I see reductions in frame rate to around 40 fps, which I think is no problem as long as it stays above 29 fps.

At least I don't see any difference in the picture when the stream runs at that frame rate.

My question now is if the S905W will run less hot, because it by default run at lower frame rate, or will it be a serious issue when/if the frame rate get reduced to prevent the chip from over heating?