[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• The thing that conclusively proves the SoC type is under the heatsink, but the sticker that's visible indicates S905W.

the heatsink is glued ... impossible to remove.

But 'Usb burning tool' manage to connect.

This is definetly an S905(x/w) device.

• I am trying to extract the DTB file, but I get some issues ...

with ADB, I copied boot.img with :

dd if=/dev/block/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img

but the split with a 0 byte for ‘second’ (which should contain the dtb if I am right) :

./split_bootimg.pl /storage_main/tmp/boot.img

Page size: 2048 (0x00000800)

Kernel size: 7110087 (0x006c7dc7)

Ramdisk size: 1315813 (0x001413e5)

Second size: 0 (0x00000000)

Board name:

Command line: buildvariant=userdebug

Writing boot.img-kernel … complete.

Writing boot.img-ramdisk.gz … complete.

so ... I am stuck …

EDIT 2 :

here is the pastebin of dmesg

[ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu [ 0.000000@0] Initializing c - Pastebin.com

EDIT 3:

damned ! I finally managed to extract the dts file !

I found the infos here :

[S905] Device trees
    [S905] Device trees

it's a multi DTB.

here is the start :

Code
    model = "Amlogic";
    compatible = "amlogic, Gxbb";
    amlogic-dt-id = "gxl_p212_1g";
    interrupt-parent = <0x1>;

p212 ... lol.

EDIT 4:

still not booting with the extracted DTB !!!

here is everything I extracted :

https://koxx3.fr.eu.org:8086/s905w/

any help please ?

Edited 4 times, last by Koxx (May 13, 2018 at 7:51 PM).

• I am trying to extract the DTB file, but I get some issues ...

Can I ask you why you're extracting it? The dtb file from Android doesn't work on Libreelec.

Did you use a s905x device tree? I have a s905w Soc as well, and using this dtb for the s905x, everything works good.

• Can I ask you why you're extracting it? The dtb file from Android doesn't work on Libreelec.

Did you use a s905x device tree? I have a s905w Soc as well, and using this dtb for the s905x, everything works good.

I clearly missed that point !

I'll try with your dtb, but I think there is something else than DTB. I can't understand why any of the ~20 dtb files I tried (from various sources can't work).

• Hello,

I'm running 8.2.3.1 on K1 Plus. I have installed new USB DVB-T2 tuner with Si2168 chip on it. Unfortunately driver si2168.c had a bug which is included in the 4months old crazycat driver pack but it is reported that it is fixed now.

Can I download somewhere newer driver pack for K1 Plus (gxbb_p200_k1_plus) or do I have to build it on my own? Or would somebody here be so kind and build it for me please?

Thank you, Martin

• Why ?

There is a fork from kszaq`s builds - pre alpha and not stable

This version runs stable and it´s perfect for daily use

This version (8.2.3.1) is perfect unless you don't need to patch like me some bug in media package:-( And here would some help and new maintenance releases be benefitial.

Martin

• Why ?

There is a fork from kszaq`s builds - pre alpha and not stable

This version runs stable and it´s perfect for daily use

Nope, ist not stable.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nope, ist not stable.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I had same cases of crash after cca 50minutes of dvbt watching.

• Hi, I have not been here for a long time because everything worked well for me. Yesterday I rebooted the box, I do not know why and I have this effect Somewhere I saw two lines to enter in the terminal but I can not find it and fix the problem. Will you help?

• Hi, I have not been here for a long time because everything worked well for me. Yesterday I rebooted the box, I do not know why and I have this effect Somewhere I saw two lines to enter in the terminal but I can not find it and fix the problem. Will you help?

Isn’t your tv just set in 3D mode and splitting the image vertically?