[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi there,

Two questiions:

1 - It´s possible to backup all the content/configuration on my sdcard so I could put it in another sdcard and use it just like it was the original????

I´ve a lot of configuration that took some time to get it right so I would like to be able to save it so I doesn´t have to do it again in case my sdcard got some problem ...

2- If by some problem my Mecool get toasted and if I put the sdcard in a new Mecool will it work with the same configurations as the one that get toasted?

Thanks a lot ...

• 1. Yes, use LE (Settings) Backup option to backup all LE-Kodi content. From .backup folder copy the backup.tar to a safe place. On new SD card install same LE version, copy backup.tar to .restore folder on new SD, and then use LE (Settings) Restore option to get all like on old SD card.

2. Yes

• Hi everybody,

I have a small request for the DEVs here. Is it possible to compile the LZMA compressor/decompressor for our ARM tv boxes?

You can find the source code here: backports.lzma 0.0.10 : Python Package Index

May be it's possible to make a new version of Libreelec and have this package included in the next release or to provide a module which we can import from our Python scripts.

Why would I want such a module?

Unfortunately the LZMA library is part of Python not until version 3.6. Version 2.7, which Libreelec uses as of now, does not have this library. If you want to download EPG data from Rytec, then since January this year you need an LZMA decompressor because they change the compression format from GZip to LZMA.

Thanks a lot!

• I've got a possibly strange issue, and i don't know what could possibly resolve this. I have noticed that when watching x.265 media at 1080p and specifically at 1920x804 resolution, i get an extra really dark black bar under the video but on top of the normal black bars for this type of resolution. Somehow this is an extra dark bar about 5/8" tall on my 60" TV. I have not noticed this in the past with my previous Kodi systems, and it doesn't show up when i watch a 1920x804 media using x.264 on this same machine.

So, i was thinking that it may be that my TV can handle full RGB signal and this black bar is full color, but the other space is not. Or, this could be an image placement issue because the regular black bars on the top and bottom are the same size, this 5/8" bar is purely extra and the video plus this extra bar is centered vertically on my TV.

Therefore, I'm wondering if I can switch to Full RGB output on my s905x system and that would fix this issue (I haven't been able to find any information yet on how to actually change this yet). Or, if there is some setting or config file that i need to change in order to space this 1920x804 resolution x.265 video better on my screen in order to eliminate this extra black bar. I'd be happy to provide any additional debug logs if needed.

Please let me know what i can do to help fix this issue. Just because this sounds like i'm extremely picky or just confused, I have taken a picture with my phone and pointed out the extra black bar. Let me know if anyone can think of anything. Thanks.

• 1 - It´s possible to backup all the content/configuration on my sdcard so I could put it in another sdcard and use it just like it was the original????

Sure ... i use Win32DiskImager. Just insert the sd card into your PC select "Read" to create and .img file ... then insert a blank sd card and select "Write". It will (should) be an exact mirror copy (or clone) of your other sd card with same content/configuration.

• I had 8.0.1l, installed internally, almost for a year.

Recently updated directly to 8.90.6, with correct dtb file. Worked like a charm. No problems at all, but the remote keys.

But them, trying to solve a colateral issue, I updated with same .tar file and now it won't boot (AMLogic boot logo only). I used UPDATE folder method.

Since booting from SD works just fine, I tried to restore dtb file (bellow), but it still doesn't boot.

My question:

Can I use this version and do an installtointernal procedure (since it already worked fine with my box)? Will it work fine, or should I be concerned about bricking the box?

Please, sugestions ... :cool:

Edited once, last by jopereira (April 13, 2018 at 10:00 AM).

• I've got a possibly strange issue, and i don't know what could possibly resolve this. I have noticed that when watching x.265 media at 1080p and specifically at 1920x804 resolution, i get an extra really dark black bar under the video but on top of the normal black bars for this type of resolution. Somehow this is an extra dark bar about 5/8" tall on my 60" TV. I have not noticed this in the past with my previous Kodi systems, and it doesn't show up when i watch a 1920x804 media using x.264 on this same machine.

So, i was thinking that it may be that my TV can handle full RGB signal and this black bar is full color, but the other space is not. Or, this could be an image placement issue because the regular black bars on the top and bottom are the same size, this 5/8" bar is purely extra and the video plus this extra bar is centered vertically on my TV.

Therefore, I'm wondering if I can switch to Full RGB output on my s905x system and that would fix this issue (I haven't been able to find any information yet on how to actually change this yet). Or, if there is some setting or config file that i need to change in order to space this 1920x804 resolution x.265 video better on my screen in order to eliminate this extra black bar. I'd be happy to provide any additional debug logs if needed.

Please let me know what i can do to help fix this issue. Just because this sounds like i'm extremely picky or just confused, I have taken a picture with my phone and pointed out the extra black bar. Let me know if anyone can think of anything. Thanks.

Yes, I've seen this as well, also on SD material encoded with x265. I think it's a decoder bug caused by the vertical resolution not being mod 16 (ie not being divisible by 16 exactly). In your case 804 divided by 16 is 50.25 - I've found that if you encode so the height is 800 or 816, the bar disappears.

Not sure if anything can be done to fix this, especially as work on this particular build has finished. Might be worth trying it on the Leia build to see if it's been fixed there, or can be fixed.

• installtointernal have been removed on the latest 8.90.x builds that is why your box doesn't boot. the good news is, it's now back on the Coreelec devel builds. you may need to do installtointernal again after booting from sd card then possibly setup as new.

If you want to install stable Kodi then you can use latest 8.2.3.1 or if you want Kodi Leia then use the Coreelec devel version.

• Not with 8.90.6. In this version the script was removed. You can however boot from SD-Card, update with the CoreElec Devel, test extensively and then installtointernal.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread. This one is about kaszaq's Builds. You want to read AdamG's pinned topic about 8.90.6. And yes, it starts with post #1 and ends with the last one. There you'll find all informations you need.

Oh shoot, too late. :)

• Yes, I've seen this as well, also on SD material encoded with x265. I think it's a decoder bug caused by the vertical resolution not being mod 16 (ie not being divisible by 16 exactly). In your case 804 divided by 16 is 50.25 - I've found that if you encode so the height is 800 or 816, the bar disappears.

Not sure if anything can be done to fix this, especially as work on this particular build has finished. Might be worth trying it on the Leia build to see if it's been fixed there, or can be fixed.

That's good to hear that others are seeing the same issue. It is strange that it is somehow a darker black than the letterbox bars.

Can anyone point me in the direction to enable full color range output on this build or if that is possible? I'd like to find out if using full color range (full rgb) will make this extra black bar just blend in with everything else. Thanks in advance.

• installtointernal have been removed on the latest 8.90.x builds that is why your box doesn't boot. the good news is, it's now back on the Coreelec devel builds. you may need to do installtointernal again after booting from sd card then possibly setup as new.

If you want to install stable Kodi then you can use latest 8.2.3.1 or if you want Kodi Leia then use the Coreelec devel version.

Isn't the script installtointernal ran only once, and all posterior updates made without issues or special precautions? ?(

• Not with 8.90.6. In this version the script was removed. You can however boot from SD-Card, update with the CoreElec Devel, test extensively and then installtointernal.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread. This one is about kaszaq's Builds. You want to read AdamG's pinned topic about 8.90.6. And yes, it starts with post #1 and ends with the last one. There you'll find all informations you need.

Oh shoot, too late. :)

Thanks _bhf_.

I posted here because I was considering 'downgrading' to this version, just needed to be sure I can use installtointernal afterwards to return my box to a 'true standalone' device.

Also, did not find these two answers (your's and frequency's) there. And in a fast and ilucidate manner.

Your advice (I extend my thanks to frequency) to use CoreElec Devel are turning me again towards Leia versions.

Anyway, I guess I can run/test this version (8.2.3.1) in SD, run installtointernal and them recover the backup I made before my upgrade from 8.0.1l -> 8.90.6?

• 1. Yes, use LE (Settings) Backup option to backup all LE-Kodi content. From .backup folder copy the backup.tar to a safe place. On new SD card install same LE version, copy backup.tar to .restore folder on new SD, and then use LE (Settings) Restore option to get all like on old SD card.

2. Yes

Sure ... i use Win32DiskImager. Just insert the sd card into your PC select "Read" to create and .img file ... then insert a blank sd card and select "Write". It will (should) be an exact mirror copy (or clone) of your other sd card with same content/configuration.

Thanks a lot !!!

I´ll give it a try first with Win32DiskImager ( just because it´s simpler) ...

• Hi. I'm having problems with YouTube addon. It stopped working and is throwing Errors in log cause of SSLError. Anyone with similar problems?

And a second problem:

I seem to have corruptions on my filesystem :(

What's the best way to do a clean install?