[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• sYCO I don't know what builds will be available when Kodi Leia arrives as it's at least 2 more months before the release. I will certainly not release anything for S9xx as I no longer have time to support the builds. My work ported to LE master means that the work for Amlogic devices can be gathered in one repo with many developers contributing instead of personal fork.

If you want stable build, keep using one of my 8.2.x builds from this thread, whichever works best for you. If you want to be a pre-alpha tester, you can try builds from GDPR-2.

• How do you install this to a emmc moduel on a S905X single board (LePotato). I bought the board, and got a board and a emmc which has Android on it. Is there way of writing directly to the emmc?

I created a bootloader patch that will make booting LE from eMMC on LePotato possible in 9.x builds - this will probably be also available in @adamg's new build.

For 8.2.x builds, you can try using installtointernal command if you still have Android on eMMC.

• How command you use to boot from internal ??? My internal is Android . Do you mean boot to internal?

I use only to internal and make it from Estuary skin menu Reboot to internal.

kszaq Super work , but when you on first page write Discontinued , good way is place too link to next ACTIVE...

Im now stay on 8.2.1.1 , what is best on 8.2.3.1 , what is more stable?

When there is a stable version of the new build, will the auto update function still work from the previous build?

• I created a bootloader patch that will make booting LE from eMMC on LePotato possible in 9.x builds - this will probably be also available in @adamg's new build.

For 8.2.x builds, you can try using installtointernal command if you still have Android on eMMC.

If I insert the eMMC card, it will boot from that. Do you happen to know how to boot from SD Card, when the eMMC is mounted on the board?

• I haven't had this problem before, or at least haven't noticed this, but my 4K LG TV will occasionally lose signal over HDMI from my S905W box running 8.2.3.1 and switch to a different HDMI port. When I use the TV remote to switch back to the port, everything is fine.

This definitely happens while in the GUI may be related to when the screensaver kicks in. I'm not a 100% sure but if a video was playing when this happened, it continued to play even while offscreen; the video was not paused via the GUI.

Other video sources connected to the same video port such as a DVD player do not show this behavior. Switching the LE box to a different LE port does not help either.

Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions for a remedy or even further debug?

Thanks.

• Can someone tell me which version of the Linux kernel this build uses? I'm trying to get a USB tuner to work which requires 3.16 so I just want to rule that out before I start investigating other causes for my issues.

I've tried to search, but coming up a bit empty.

Thanks

• Thank you so much. Could you tell me how I can find that on my own in the future with other builds?

SSH to your box and then do cat /proc/version

It is irrelevant really as all releases use the same kernel version, there will not be a switch to mainline kernel until H/W acceleration works and that is not going to be any time this year probably.

• System > Settings > Input Devices > Perpipherals > CEC Adapter.

See is you can change settings to fix your issue.

I tried disabling it but that didn't help. Then I saw the HDMI port was set to 1 and I remembered that the problem resulted in the TV switching to HDMI port 1. I changed it to the port that the LE is actually connected to and the problem has not reappeared!

Thanks.

Edited once, last by unmesh (February 22, 2018 at 7:47 AM).

• Hello,

I don't know if this a general bug of LibreELEC or a bad configuration but id like some advice's...

I'm using a NFS to share my media to all devices, i.e Tvbox.
    If the "server" is off the box stuck at beginning with massage "preparing", if server is on, libreelec run normally and update media libary.

Any chance to modify something to box don't stuck so much time waiting for NSF?

• I have my Synology nas, setup to use NFS. I use Advanced wake on LAN addon. Mind you, the NAS still takes a couple of minutes to be ready for streaming. There is a setting somewhere in the Libreelec settings, to wake up lan on use.

• kszaq I know you've discontinued this build but was wondering if you are still providing support?

A while ago, I had asked you about the differences in the dtbs posted, you replied that they're purely cosmetic and either would work.

While testing other builds on different devices (i.e LE9 on x96) it was mentioned that using the wrong dtb would mean that either WiFi, Ethernet, IR etc wouldn't work.

Flashed an sdcard for my MXQ Pro 4k running 8.2.3.1 and used mxq_pro_4k dtb. Booted fine from sdcard, but after copying it to internal installation using ssh commands in OP and rebooting to internal, I'm getting a blank screen. The box is powered on, the TV picks the signal (shows 1080p input) but no MXQ Pro logo and the network (Ethernet) is down so can't ssh in. Any way to get it to work when copied to internal?