Posts by unmesh

    I don't either but this box is prone to overheating so I thought I'd restore it to stock and give it to Goodwill.


    Powering up without the SD card doesn't seem to be working (only the LED blinks but no response to ping) and I'm wondering if my use of install2emmc in the past is now preventing the OEM image from booting.


    I suppose I can donate it running LE :)

    With a clean image, the IR remote is not working which is to be expected because I had to learn the codes during a previous install. However the custom codes will not install and give the following error message


    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/custom_remote
    Missing protocol in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/custom_remote
    ir-keytable: Failed to read table file /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/custom_remote
    Try `ir-keytable --help' or `ir-keytable --usage' for more information.


    The custom_remote file is readable and contains:



    nec protocol is supported by the driver


    Any suggestions?

    I downloaded the latest 11.0 nightly to my TX6 clone and, while it runs, the logs show a number of errors, approximately every 15-20 seconds, of the kind:


    error <general>: Repository add-on repository.zachmorris uses old schema definition for the repository extension point! This is no longer supported, please update your addon to use <dir> definitions.


    Since I have not installed any add-ons, it looks like this is something in the default installation. Any ideas on how to fix it? I'd be happy to remove it, for example.


    P.S.: It is entirely possible that this is an artifact of a previous installation but my usual practice is to not install add-ons.

    Code
    find / -name "*.nfo" -exec sed -i 's|http://imdb|https://imdb|g' {} \;

    ^ Something like that might work. You probably need to grep the possible values for the URLs from the .nfo files first so the sed find/replace is precise and doesn't have unintended results.

    Made the changes but it did not make a perceptible difference to the performance of the scan. At least the Amlogic is working fine.


    Thanks

    I looked at the logs and noticed something.


    I've been storing metadata along with the media for many years using Ember Media Manager for scraping and some of the thumbnails are using http instead of https. Since http has been deprecated on imdb (and possibly on other sites), there are a bunch of errors. My Amlogic TV box had already scraped these when http was allowed and would probably also be slow if it had to rescrape from zero today.


    My movies are stored one per folder and each has a movie.nfo file. Unfortunately, my Linux scripting skills are not good enough to run something at the root folder level that replaces each instance of http: with https:


    Can someone help with this?


    Thanks

    I just installed LibreELEC-H6.arm-11.0-nightly-20220124-cef9573 on a microSD card for my generic H6 box with 2GB DRAM and noticed that a scan of the content on my NAS over a Fast Ethernet wired link is way slower than I see on my S905W box (running CoreELEC), also connected over Fast Ethernet.


    Like 20 times slower!


    It's probably the storage subsystem since online CPU benchmarks seem comparable. What can I look at to try and debug this?


    Thanks.

    jernej


    I measured the temperature of the case under various conditions using an IR temperature sensor and can confirm that the difference from the junction temperature reported by the software varies by the software that is running even at steady state, suggesting incomplete/incorrect calibration.

    unmesh Thanks, so now I know owners of all 3 wifi variants. After LE10 is released, I'll start preparing wifi support (with mainline drivers).

    Thanks!


    On a different note, I see that the box idles with the CPU at 75 degrees Celsius in a 27 degree room :(


    Would using a different CPU governor help? Or is this par for the course with an H6 in a cheap TV box and its poor thermal design?


    P.S.: It idles at 60 when running its preinstalled Android

    Good point. Maybe I'm being misled by:


    Default keymap: rc-tanix-tx5max


    Where is LE getting the information to use that as the default?


    Also, I have the modified rc-tanix-t5max keymap and the new keymap files (identical contents) in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps so it might very well be taking the keymap from the "new" file

    It seems to still use the old keymap


    Using the wiki, I figured out that LE was using the keymap for tanix_tx5max for my Android box, copied the file from /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps, figured out the keycodes using ir-keytable and edited the keymap file. Everything works.


    I copied this keymap to a file with the name of my box, changed the name field to match and created a simple /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with the single line "* * path-to-new-keymap" but LE still wants to use the tanix_tx5max keymap. I'm curious as to what else I need to change to get it to use the new file.


    Thanks