Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• If you have a spare SD card, testing nightly image would be quicker and actually preferred. In short, we can't be sure what kind of modifications you did and thus what impact they have on the system.

• Ok jernej , so here is my feedback:

Booting works now with the nightly image (and my self-built one ;)

I've got still problems with reboot. This seems to be board-version specific.

I own two different TX6:

According to https://linux-sunxi.org/Tanix_TX6#Identification it's the TX6-H 2nd version (with CS_H6_TX28_V2.7 20200616.L6 / RTL8822CS) - though it's just stickered with TX6 on the backside - which is the one, that doesn't reboot. I need to disconnect it from power and after a few attempts of reconnecting it suddenly boots again. It's not reproduceable how many reconnect tries are necessary...

The second one is a TX6-P (CS_H6_TX28_V2.5 20191209.L4 / XR819) with the TX6-P label on it. This one reboots just fine.

So, better than before, but still some reboot issue on the TX6-H (2nd version). Though this is surely no LE issue, but an upstream or hardware-specific one maybe this info could be helpful for you.

• It actually sounds much like bug with LibreComputer Tritium H5 boards, where mmc initialization in SPL (I think) caused early lock up. But this was fixed with https://github.com/LibreELEC/Libr…s-to-20ms.patch so it shouldn't be the issue anymore with that or any other board. You can also try to use another brand or model of SD card, this is also alternative workaround.

Since I don't have that particular variant of TX6, I can only help you try to find the issue. But this is only possible if you're able to provide serial output. At present, I can't rule out SPL, ATF or Crust.

• You have to name the keymap custom_remote.toml if you use the new toml format - keymaps without the .toml extensions are considered to be in the legacy format.

so long,

Hias

I eventually got it to work by putting in the full pathname to the .toml file in rc_maps.cfg

Thanks

• I'm trying to reboot my box back into Android and don't see an option to do that in the Power menu.

Would loading a different skin allow this? Or a command from the CLI?

Thanks

• I don't either but this box is prone to overheating so I thought I'd restore it to stock and give it to Goodwill.

Powering up without the SD card doesn't seem to be working (only the LED blinks but no response to ping) and I'm wondering if my use of install2emmc in the past is now preventing the OEM image from booting.

I suppose I can donate it running LE :)

• Yeah, install2emmc warns you about erasing everything on eMMC. This effectively removes Android from it. I think there is a way to restore it via some tools and images you can download from Tanix site, but don't ask me how.

• what I want to tell you is to install the version that brings the patch so that ethernet works in the 3 LTS and the ethernet works

The problem comes when I want to do something like install an addon or update Libreelec that the connection speed is very slow. It does not even reach 20Mb/s and my internet plan is 300Mb of fiber optics

what should i do in this case???

or should I keep the board in a drawer to see if version 11 (Nexus) fixes the problem with my board???

Edited 2 times, last by deleonkikko: Merged a post created by deleonkikko into this post. (October 28, 2022 at 6:50 PM).

• what I want to tell you is to install the version that brings the patch so that ethernet works in the 3 LTS and the ethernet works

OPi 3 LTS is on my TODO list. I obtained it recently, so testing is not a problem anymore. But I have to deal with some other things before. Linux 5.10 (used in LE10) doesn't have appropriate Ethernet PHY driver for LTS and it possibly has other issues with ethernet reset line and PMIC, so LE10 OPi3 image doesn't work on LTS, at least not well, as you already found out. Even if I fix it, I'm not sure how many LE10 point releases will be there.

• Here is the patch to support Orange Pi 3 LTS ethernet NIC YT8531 http://ix.io/3PDm

Made from linux-sunxi 5.10 patches

git checkout 10.0

Put to projects/Allwinner/patches/linux/0053-motorcomm-driver-YT8531.patch

Then build and flash orangepi-3 image

You told me that in the end you got a pi3 LTS to be able to work on it, right?

Let's see if with luck you can make an image that works both wifi and ethernet.

Right now I'm using Kodi on the Android that comes with the board and it's going very well. But I'm not interested in Android, I would like to have Libreelec directly on my board.

Hopefully you can get it working soon.

From this moment I want to thank you for everything you do and help us.

By the way, I also have a pi4 LTS that carries the rk3399. I imagine that for this plate there will still be a long way to go until an image for it comes out. The manufacturer should send several plates to you every time they release something new and thus be up to date on everything. They would be the main beneficiaries because they would sell many more plates.

I tried your image on my Pi 3 LTS and Ethernet works but not fast enough to use. At most it reaches 16Kb/s and thus it is impossible to work with it. Anyway there must be something weird because my board must not have the same chip as yours. I don't know which one is mine, but the wifi one is the AW859A.

Cheers

• Hi jernej ,

coming back to my Tanix TX6 boot problem, i have serial access now and this is the log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The first two boots are fine, then the device stops 3 times at DRAM: 

The only possible way to proceed is to disconnect power.

Next boot (line 96) i accidentally interrupted by a power disconnect, but in the end it boots again.

Looking at the different DRAM values all over the log, it smells like some DRAM detection issue...

Would be cool, if you have some idea. Ping me, if i should open a new thread or if you need some more infos.

Thanks

rellla

EDIT:

Some more logs, after a next reboot try:

Display Spoiler
  • Sorry to say, but I went over H6 DDR3 driver so many times that I don't think I can find any important difference between mainline and vendor driver anymore. Actually, there is one pretty big difference in code for checking bus width and rank, but code based on vendor driver was unreliable. Once that was fixed, most H6 DRAM issues have gone away. You can try getting additional output with adding #define DEBUG 1 at the very top (before includes) of H6 DRAM driver in U-Boot and look for additional info. You can also test older versions of U-Boot, but that's most I can help you with.

• Yes, initially, there is a LAN connection, but after restarting, the LAN connection is not detected. I assume that the Orange Pi 3 LTS and Orange Pi 3 boards are different. And when you try to install Ip Tv Simple Client Orange Pi 3 LTS spontaneously overloads (

Code
    What insgen are you talking about because in mine nothing at all works on the network.
    the opi 3 LTS together with the 4 LTS are also rubbish or hardly used. I only see LE development for PCs and its variants.