Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• There is, but you would have to power up wifi first via DT (overlay or editing). It's easier to crack it open. However, if you don't feel like doing it, that's ok.

Let me see if I can find out something from Android forums though I suppose the risk is that the posters may not have the identical units as mine.

• CEC-adapter (firmware 4.0.7) not workong on OrangePi Plus.

Libreelec Version: LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210705-3010e06-orangepi-plus.img

TV: Panasonic Viera PR50ST50

CEC firmware 4.0.4 on Llibreelec 9.20 working fine with this hardware

Similar problem with my Samsung UE55ES7000, CEC 4.0.7 working fine on build LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-devel-20210602200859-28b3660.tar (working fine at least until you turn off the TV) while LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210809-beaa0c7-orangepi-2.img.gz does not work at all

Edited once, last by syao: Wrong version (August 11, 2021 at 4:02 PM).

• Is there a way through SSH to determine what WiFi chip I have or do I have to crack open the box?

Thanks

I have not yet opened the box but did find a community 9.8.0 build with which WiFi works. The driver module details are as follows:

• found a H3 tv box , it seems like a stripped sunvell r69 , using xr819 wifi , but have a LPDDR3 memory.

It can use beelink_x2 uboot but with CONFIG_SUNXI_DRAM_LPDDR3=y and CONFIG_SUNXI_DRAM_LPDDR3_STOCK=y in config

If LE can support this board would be much appreciate.

• unmesh Thanks, so now I know owners of all 3 wifi variants. After LE10 is released, I'll start preparing wifi support (with mainline drivers).

chalesy Your board could be supported, but first somebody (most likely you since others probably don't have interest in your box) have to submit board support patches to U-Boot and Linux. As soon as there is general consensus that they're ok (that can be before they're actually merged), I can add support for it here. If you want help with this, I can coach you, since I'm reviewer for Allwinner Linux patches and U-Boot contributor.

Please understand that we have this procedure in place in order to be able to drop patches in not so far future. Nobody likes to maintain patches forever.

• Your board could be supported, but first somebody (most likely you since others probably don't have interest in your box) have to submit board support patches to U-Boot and Linux. As soon as there is general consensus that they're ok (that can be before they're actually merged), I can add support for it here. If you want help with this, I can coach you, since I'm reviewer for Allwinner Linux patches and U-Boot contributor.

Thanks for your reply, But in fact this model also have lot's of variant ,you can think this is a sunvell r69 , can using beelink_x2 image out of box . but some of them using LPDDR3, so need replace self-compiled u-boot manually.

also, I even found some tanix tx6 variant board using LPDDR3.

So, for these mess variant board , will manually compile and replace u-boot for temporary solution.

• unmesh Thanks, so now I know owners of all 3 wifi variants. After LE10 is released, I'll start preparing wifi support (with mainline drivers).

Thanks!

On a different note, I see that the box idles with the CPU at 75 degrees Celsius in a 27 degree room :(

Would using a different CPU governor help? Or is this par for the course with an H6 in a cheap TV box and its poor thermal design?

P.S.: It idles at 60 when running its preinstalled Android

Edited once, last by unmesh (August 18, 2021 at 2:26 AM).

• Default governor is schedutil - this should good enough for most needs. Consider also that you're comparing two completely different ecosystems. If you would check Android serial console, you'll notice that kernel often disables cores due to too high temperature. It's complete chaos there regarding temperature control. It's also possible that temperature sensor is not completely correctly calibrated on LE. You can check that with thermo gun, if you have one.

• jernej

I measured the temperature of the case under various conditions using an IR temperature sensor and can confirm that the difference from the junction temperature reported by the software varies by the software that is running even at steady state, suggesting incomplete/incorrect calibration.

Edited once, last by unmesh (August 19, 2021 at 7:12 PM).

• Dear Jernej,

I have tried clean install of the current LibreELEC-H3.arm-11.0-nightly-20210819-cf95a45-orangepi-plus2e.img and 10.80.0-ARMv7-arm-pvr.iptvsimple-7.6.9.1.zip from the Addons directory on the first page of this thread but can't install this PVR. Have I've done something wrong, or is this version of nightly image too fresh for PVR? Besides, I can't enter in LE repository on this nightly image. Thanks in advance!

• Jernej and is there any link where can I get the latest LE10 RC image? As I only had LibreELEC-H3.arm-11.0-nightly-20210524-cf95a45-orangepi-plus2e.img and now there are only 11 on this thread.

• Images are linked on download page: Allwinner – LibreELEC

Hi Jernej! There have been LE 9.97.1 on that link you've kindly provided to me and I've seen that final stable 10.0 version have been released just few days ago. It is written that 9.97.1 should be able to upgrade automatically, but that didn't work for me, so I have flashed again with final 10.0 LE. But I wonder if it really has to be able to update on our boards, or only manual is our way?