Getting LE to use a custom remote control map

• Using the wiki, I figured out that LE was using the keymap for tanix_tx5max for my Android box, copied the file from /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps, figured out the keycodes using ir-keytable and edited the keymap file. Everything works.

I copied this keymap to a file with the name of my box, changed the name field to match and created a simple /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with the single line "* * path-to-new-keymap" but LE still wants to use the tanix_tx5max keymap. I'm curious as to what else I need to change to get it to use the new file.

Thanks

• It seems to still use the old keymap

• It's not obvious why do you think so.

Check the current mapping with ir-keytable -r

If it's not what you expect, check the path to keymap file (path-to-new-keymap in /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg file should be /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/yourfilename ) and the keymap file format (for editing use nano from LE command console and not Windows editors except Notepad with Word Wrap disabled).

• Good point. Maybe I'm being misled by:

Default keymap: rc-tanix-tx5max

Where is LE getting the information to use that as the default?

Also, I have the modified rc-tanix-t5max keymap and the new keymap files (identical contents) in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps so it might very well be taking the keymap from the "new" file

• Where is LE getting the information to use that as the default?

It comes from the IR receiver's kernel driver which also installs a default keytable as described here: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/…s#configuration

Make some changes in your custom keymap file, run ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0 and check with ir-keytable -r or test it with irw.

Edited 2 times, last by ghtester (August 17, 2021 at 12:18 AM).