[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• With the current state of LE (regardless 8.x, 9.x) for S912 (H96Pro+), I do NOT see any benefits in running it on such box, in comparison to properly tuned Android 7.1.2 ROM.

In fact - I've recently switched back to Android and it suits my needs perfectly fine.

Just bare in mind - this is a special case (my case): H96Pro+ (S912)... ;)

the ever epic battle apple vs android vs M$ vs linux 😆 just kidding ... what suits someone, suits him 👍

• This is the far safer, reliable method that carries the least risk and 98% of the faster day to day box running from eMMC LE benefits, plus you still retain internal Android:

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

wrxtasy :

I fully agree, a shared data partition gives best of both worlds, but, on one of my boxes, Android was completely useless because of unacceptably slow and buggy network performance. Android had 0 added value for me. So, now that box runs LE from eMMC.

0+x equals x.

Should one day a better Android appear for that box (I doubt it), I can still flash it.

have a nice day

• Boot from LE sd card, and restore android twice between a reboot (power off-on) and data partition format, the original with dd backup android is can restore.

• I have S905x box connected to an HDMI splitter. On the other side I have connected TV and AVR. When TV is on and AVR is off I can watch HDR content. When I switch AVR on then HDR is not even coming out from the box. I already done "cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap" as kszaq recommended and solved problems with UHD resolutions.

Enclosed files "edid", "hdr_cap" and "dc_cap" before and after turning AVR on.

cat.txt

Any idea of how to resolve this issue?

• I have S905x box connected to an HDMI splitter. On the other side I have connected TV and AVR. When TV is on and AVR is off I can watch HDR content. When I switch AVR on then HDR is not even coming out from the box. I already done "cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap" as kszaq recommended and solved problems with UHD resolutions.

Enclosed files "edid", "hdr_cap" and "dc_cap" before and after turning AVR on.

cat.txt

Any idea of how to resolve this issue?

I resolved problem putting a strip of tape over HDMI pins 15 and 17.

On the picture you can see example of tape strip over pin 19.

I would prefer software solution.

Maybe something like disp_cap in /storage/.kodi/userdata but for edid and hdr_cap.

• Hi guys,

I'm on 8.2.3.1 trying to get my remote work. I created my own config in .config/rc_keymaps/my_custom_remote. It works but after pressing a different key on remote, it sends the last key again and the new key afterwards. To better understand, here is log from console:

When I checked output from /dev/lirc0 it was behaving correctly (sends right data for right keys).

Do you have any idea where to look for a problem?

• I guess you are both wrong as meson-ir in my builds come from media_build package.

Unfortunately any issues you have to fix yourself as there will be no next release.

• Official Kodi no, Official LE yes and no, there will be a generic image but officially I think LE will only support SBC's

kszaq I thik this message should be included in the first post. You are saying that your release is ending but not saying who's gona save us.

• kszaq I thik this message should be included in the first post. You are saying that your release is ending but not saying who's gona save us.

Your misinterpreting my message.

The consensus afaik is for LE to only support single board computers RPi/Odroid/LePotato/RK and possibly L1 widevine boxes WeTek/Minix

however saying that

LE will support a Generic S905 image, just not in an official supported capacity, it will be a use it or leave it image... if it works great, if it doesn't then don't complain, supporting the mountain of cheap chinese devices is extremely troublesome, there is no support from the manufacturers, source code isn't available.

I personally think it's irresponsible of us to continue supporting the chinese devices, we should be encouraging the uptake of SBC's as these manufacturers actually work with the LE-Team. Yes the devices cost a little more (~10 euros) but at least it is guaranteed to work then.

• I understand that it is impossible to support all those cheap chinese devices. But SBCs are in my opinion not a compensation for those chinese boxes because they are hardware wise not ready-to-use mediaplayers. In my opinion it would be great if the list of supported mediaplayers like WeTek/Minix could carefully be increased.

• I saw there was a new dtb file "slowemmc", googled to see what it was. Thank you. Last year it seemed like no one understood my problem with the A95X started to come with EUDAR instead of SAMSUNG chip. This gave access to install to internal. Thank you :)