[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Thanks kszaq

My TX7 (signature) just updated itself OTA with notification.

Version 8.2.2.1.

Nothing went wrong.

hmmm Strange I have update notification to but it will not update automatically , after rebooting it shows again update notification ... and so on and so on . I guess I will update it manually .

• Same issue here, I have two s905 boxes (Minimx S905 and Mecool M8SPro+) running Kszaq's 8.2.1.2 build, both flash up the notification but when I SSH into them the update folders are empty. Have rebooted both boxes just to see if the update downloaded and was stored elsewhere but no upgrade was found. Not an issue for me as I will upgrade manually, but just curious to understand why updates haven't downloaded. I might hold off the manual update for today and see if I get a different action tomorrow. (maybe server is swamped with update requests?)

• You must have updates set to Manual in LE Settings.

Change it to Auto. Reboot. Wait for the notification to read Downloaded LE update. Reboot again.

it is set indeed to auto update , but the auto update feature still will not work . Oh well not big deal , I will do it manually with an sd card .

• Hi Tim_Taylor, I'm doing that all the time when new build is released, but now latest is 8.2.1.2 (2017-12-15), and current is 8.2.2.1.

I am just curious if there will be changelog available.

Thanks.

In the past, some times, kszaq providet first an update and changelog later.

It should be no problem to be patient ?

• Thank you for working on this kszaq. :)

I've installed it into the internal memory. I'm using the x96 8GB/1GB with an RTL8189 wifi chipset. I've had less issues after switching to the the 1GB S905x dtb. However, when downloading addons from the repositories it will sometimes freeze and become unresponsive. I then have to unplug the device and replug it back in order to use it again.

• Manual and auto updating aren't working for me either. I get notification that an update is available but no files are in the .update directory. When I check "available versions" in Kodi there is nothing there.

• When does the update notification pop-up? When the file is physically downloaded into the update directory already? Or prior to that, when update detects a newer version?

Because I got the notification, rebooted the box and got an error of corrupted file. The box booted into the current version. A couple of minutes later, I got another notification and this time, I checked update directory and the file was there.

Reboot installed the update and Settings/LibreElec was dead, no reaction whatsoever. Another reboot and Settings/LibreElec responded again. BTW. Update Channel and Available Versions are both empty.

I guess I deactivate automatic update for the foreseeable future.