[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi everyone, I have a weird issue on my Minix NEO U1. It started last couple of versions back. I have two external hard drive connected to Minix and from time to time I copy some new content there. And it worked fine for months and suddnelly I get an error roughly half way through copying. I tried it from different machines - mac, ubuntu, windows and the error is there no matter what... Always the same scenario. File starts copying and between 1/3 and 1/2 there is an error saying that there is problem with either reading or writing. I can copy small files (roughly up to 2GB) without problem. But once it's 2gigs and up, error... If anyone has any idea how to fix this, please let me know. Thanks.

• The dtb.img file provided wrxtasy will not activate the rear USB port. But use gxl_p212_2g.dtb with the remote.conf file provided by wrxtasy and the rear USB port will work again. Also confirm that wifi is no good

Yes agreed.

I forgot to upload the correct dtb.img file into the MECOOL directory for the M8S Pro+

I've now since uploaded the correct dtb.img file and yes the rear USB2 port now works along with the tested Analog Audio and the IR remote:

Index of /MECOOL/

WiFi is never going to work due to no Linux WiFi drivers available, but my v4.0 CSR Bluetooth USB dongle does work. :thumbup:

Also be aware there is a bad batch of M8S Pro+ boxes being sold with faulty eMMC storage, that when flashed with new Android Firmware brick themselves.

I suppose that is what happens with very little quality control or testing at the ultra budget end of the media player market.

• I forgot to upload the correct dtb.img file into the MECOOL directory for the M8S Pro+

I already have this box setup with your original dtb.img file.

Can I simply drop this new dtb.img file to the root of the sd card?

or does it require a complete reinstall.

I have visitors staying so have not had much chance to play with things.

i did notice that it was a little sluggish compare to kodi and mrmc on the firetv and mibox.

Does the new dtb file make a difference.

thanks for all the awesome work.

• Yup, thats what I meant. I dont mind that logo, I just wanted a custom pic in place of the LE one. That worked, thanks!

Btw would you know where to put in a boot parameter like quiet/ morequiet to hide the version info on the wallpaper at boot?

I used the custom image while I was booting from my SD card. But ever since I did an 'installtointernal' it has reverted back to the stock libreelec wallpaper. Anyway to reverse this?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Looks like the installtointernal does not copy all the files from system.

Edited once, last by extremeaudio (September 29, 2017 at 1:49 PM).

• The android boxes from China are a difficult bunch to sort through.

I have a memobox t95n, which is sold as a MEMOBOX T95N Mini M8S PRO. Official firmware is downloaded from Memohi.com, which also lists it as a T95N Mini M8S Pro.

I've used the standard 2GB dtb file, but could (or should) I use the Mecool M8S Pro dtb file?

• WiFi is never going to work due to no Linux WiFi drivers available, but my v4.0 CSR Bluetooth USB dongle does work. :thumbup:

I tried a an older Pi2 USB adapter with an RT5370 chipset (N150) and tested it. It works fine with this box. I'm sure there are other/better/more capable adapters available that work.

• Hello ,

I done every steps of the first post on a Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2GB/16GB ,

Kodi runs well , but i can´t have wifi working. The network is detected but when i try to connect it, it fail ...

I rename the file gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb to dtb.img and copy to the root of the M SD card.

Is this device tree correc for this box? Or i should use the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb ?

• Can I simply drop this new dtb.img file to the root of the sd card?

or does it require a complete reinstall.

Fast Samsung EVO (+), Samsung Select and Sandisk Class 10 UHS-1 microSDHC cards make a LE speed difference.

So do Wireless remotes like the MINIX A2 lite - they make a big difference, just like the Mi Box and FireTV.

So does installing LibreELEC to faster internal eMMC flash storage like the Mi Box or FireTV uses to run Kodi and Android Apps.

Then you also have the: (make a .tar backup first and store the .tar file on a PC)

DIY - [HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data.

In answer to the question - just drag and drop the dtb.img over the existing dtb.img you have on your SD card.

• Fast Samsung EVO (+), Samsung Select and Sandisk Class 10 UHS-1 microSDHC cards make a LE speed difference.

I could not get the Lexar card you recommended in previous posts (perhaps on whirlpool)

Ended up getting this one which should be fast enough.

Lexar® High-Performance 633x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-I cards

In the short time I got to have a play I felt LE was slightly sluggish (Perhaps its the skin - Titan)

Or perhaps I need to upgrade to a newer build (I see on the changelog there are performance improvements on newer builds - Im on 8.1.6 or 8.1.7 will have to check)

Cheers

• How do I tell if HDR is working? I have a S905X box connected to a HDR Sony TV, played a HDR test clip (Life of Pi) and the picture seems ok.

So also brings me to ask - what happens if you try and play a HDR clip and the box is not able to render HDR? How would I know?

Does your Sony remote work over CEC? Mine works, but I can't use the num pads, subtitle button and a few other buttons. Would also love to be able to push long click

• My Mecool M8S Pro+ does not show a shutdown menu in LE. Hitting the power button shuts the box down with no menu choices. Is there a way to enable the shutdown menu? I see it on all the other boxes I have.