[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I will release 8.1.4 with only some package bumps. I did not have time to look into 3D/RGB issues recently, sorry for that.

I am still waiting for someone with 3D issues to upload a sample that you can reproduce crashing with, as requested some time ago...

Hi Kszaq. Sorry that was I who was going to send you a suitable small 3D file. Been very busy so sorry for delay in reporting my findings and not sending you a suitable 3D content small file which I cannot find so far.

I did try for some suitable sample 3D files which unfortunately although are Side by Side format they are not sensed by the system to be 3D format. So unike the big movie files I have they do not even try to trip the 3D functions on any box or system. These 3D sample files that are not sensed as 3D , do run fine with no crashing but need manually switching to 3D on my TV of course and no problem when closed down either, other than having to manually then close the 3D function on the TV. Been very busy so sorry for delay in reporting my findings and not sending you a suitable 3D content small file which I cannot find so far.

I can tell you though that even with my box plugged into a non 3D TV the lock ups as described before still occurs. So the test shoudl work okay with your non 3D TV Kszaq, that is once you have a suitable file. If I select Ask as the option for 3D switching then when I chose SBS function it does run without any lock up, but does lock the box up when I quit the 3D movie.

So does anyone here have a small 3D file that does have the inbuilt coding to be automatically recognised as SBS or TB 3D format ?? If so can they please help and send it to Kszaq and indeed me too please ?? I will continue to look for a suitabel 3D file when I get a spare moment, which has been in short supply these past two weeks.

Not forgot your coffee either just not been time to even switch the kettle on !!! Look out for a cuppa coming to you soon though so enjoy :-))

• Because I also suffer from the crash during 3D-switching in kszaq's build LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.3 on my BeeLink MiniMXIII II (2/16GB S905X) and LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.3-C2 on my Odroid-C2 I provide 2 testfiles (SBS and TAB) with correct 3D-settings in the fileheader and filename.

1. The crash is independent from the skin (Estuary or Confluence)

2. 3D-switching into 3D mode is succesful when the option 'Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos' is set to 'Ask me' in the System-settings and I then chose 'Preferred mode (Same as movie)' when starting the movie.

3. If the 3D-mode is set to 'Preferred mode' in System-settings 3D-switching crashes at once when starting the movie.

4. When 3D-switching was succesful (case 2) stopping the movie results in a crash always.

3D-switching with these 2 files is ok with raybuntu's Krypton 16.2-build on my Odroid-C2,

but this build is not based on a Nougat-kernel, as far as I know.

It would be great if this helps to fix the crash. :)

Thanks again kszaq for your great work!

3D-TAB-file:

testfile1 (2017) 3D-TAB.mk3d - Google Drive

3D-SBS-file:

testfile2 (2017) 3D-SBS.mk3d - Google Drive

Edited 2 times, last by pepeq (August 13, 2017 at 1:04 PM).

• Hi Kszaq :)

I have Seguro trongle X1 pro. chipset 905x.

Everything is ok... I tried everything from 7.0 to 8.2. you did a good job congrats :).

I have in all version the same problem... After 20 mn the wifi hangs and I have to reboot my box. if I stream a movie I have no problem with the wifi.

when I don't use my box the wifi hangs.

all the image have the same problem. I tried this one LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel-20170728215214-r26002-g9ddfaa1.img and same thing.

I dont know hhow to check the chipset for the wifi or may somewhere in some logs.

• I have in all version the same problem... After 20 mn the wifi hangs and I have to reboot my box. if I stream a movie I have no problem with the wifi.

when I don't use my box the wifi hangs

After you find out what chipset/driver you have, look into disabling power management for your wifi.

• Tried the latest 8.1.4

Its absolutely perfect, except for livetv.

I will skip v17 for this purpose as its generally accepted it's performing less then Jarvis. I have my hopes up for Leia, though.

Your efforts are really appriciated. 7.0.3.12 will do its job excellently until Leia arrives ;) Thanks again for making all this possible..!

• Hi guys,

I found it the chipset is a RTL8189ETV. how to disable the power management ?

I tried this command" iwconfig wlan0 power of"f. it doesn't work. the command is saying bad address.

amlogic p212 board

• Amlogic S905X CPU
    • 2GB DDR3
    • HDMI out x 1
    • TF Card x 1
    • Ethernet with internal phy x 1
    • SDIO WiFi/BT (RTL8189ETV) x 1
    • SPDIF x 1
    • USB hub x 2
    • EMMC x 1

Thank you guys for your AWESOME WORK :).

• Hi guys,

I found it the chipset is a RTL8189ETV. how to disable the power management ?

I have no idea if this is the proper way or even the correct driver, maybe someone with that chipset can chime in. But you can try this:

Create file - /storage/.config/modprobe.d/8189es.conf

Put this in it - options 8189es rtw_power_mgnt=0

AFAIK this should be set by default, so it may very well be barking up the wrong tree.

• kszaq, pls, compile tvheadead42 with patch tvheadend42-04_dvb_c_annexB.patch to test fix for this issue. Currently I am unable to build addons for LE 8.2.

THX

Hello afl1.

I tested your TVH patched with LE9 and work correctly, now the name channels are correctly detected but we have still minor bugs, in consecuense I guess one more patch will be released or both will be a part of the master branch.

Thanks for your job!!!!

• Tried the latest 8.1.4

Its absolutely perfect, except for livetv.

I will skip v17 for this purpose as its generally accepted it's performing less then Jarvis. I have my hopes up for Leia, though.

Your efforts are really appriciated. 7.0.3.12 will do its job excellently until Leia arrives ;) Thanks again for making all this possible..!

what problems do you have with live tv?

• what problems do you have with live tv?

stuttering on hd streams with any version below 8.1.3. To the point of crashing Kodi

Black screens or very huge delays ( 20-40 secs) when changing channels on all 8.x builds.

In latest 7.x versions there's almost no stutter (a little stutter only when osd is active) and changing channels takes 2-3 seconds

I believe the pvr/vp changes in Krypton have 'teething issues' and i will wait for Leia, where there seems to be futher progress in the area of livetv

• kszaq:

is this sufficient for you to reproduce the 3D-switching problem?

Do you see a chance to fix the problem?