[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I am currently working on improving Amlogic support in LibreELEC and Kodi master.

kszaq, do you have a current build for my Acer Revo AR3700-U3002 with ION integrated graphics? Is there any way to get this box to play HEVC and 4K content? What do you suggest for me?

Thanks michael

• kszaq, do you have a current build for my Acer Revo AR3700-U3002 with ION integrated graphics? Is there any way to get this box to play HEVC and 4K content? What do you suggest for me?

My area of "expertise" is only Amlogic, can't advise on HTPCs, sorry.

• kszaq, do you have a current build for my Acer Revo AR3700-U3002 with ION integrated graphics? Is there any way to get this box to play HEVC and 4K content? What do you suggest for me?

Thanks michael

The short answer is No.

The GPU is too old, it doesn't support hardware decoding for HEVC. And the CPU is too weak.

I don't even think it supports 4k resolution.

Also, Linux on x86 doesn't support HDR yet, so no HDR in LibreELEC for PCs for now.

• Nexbox A95X S905 1G/8G. Running latest/last version of LE 8.2 from SD card. Everything seems to be working fine. Only problem is that the remote won't power on the box after it's been powered off.

I have tried the specific A95X remote.conf from the remote.conf repository - copied this file on the SD card to overwrite the default remote.conf. Didn't seem to fix the power on issue.

Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Thanks.

• Nexbox A95X S905 1G/8G. Running latest/last version of LE 8.2 from SD card. Everything seems to be working fine. Only problem is that the remote won't power on the box after it's been powered off.

I have tried the specific A95X remote.conf from the remote.conf repository - copied this file on the SD card to overwrite the default remote.conf. Didn't seem to fix the power on issue.

Is there a fix or workaround for this?

[HowTo] solve power on u-boot bug in NEXBOX MXQ PRO (s905)

• Has anyone has issues with PCM through a receiver on the S905X?

I get load white-noise randomly when trying to play videos. It happens with all audio codecs as long as I am not using passthrough (I don't use passthrough because I need to be able to change the volume from my tablet).

I think the issue is the same one linked a year ago here:

[S905X] - Noise when playing files with AAC 5.1 audio

I am pretty confident it is an issue with the PCM output not conforming to what the receiver expects. The white noise occurs randomly when starting to play a video, but also occurs randomly if I switch the receiver on/off or switch inputs while a video is playing. This happens both with TOSLINK and HDMI audio.

As I said it never happens with passthrough, but that isn't helpful to me.

I am unsure if this is an issue with my specific S905X box or an issue that would show up with any S905X box and my receiver, or possibly something that could be fixed via the dtb. I have tried many different versions of LibreElec as well as building it from source. All versions from the past 6months or so that I've tried have had this issue.

The receiver I have is a couple years old Denon AVR-S500BT

• Well PCM is sent as 7.1, So who knows what the AVR will do with it.... :( ;)

• The short answer is No.

The GPU is too old, it doesn't support hardware decoding for HEVC. And the CPU is too weak.

I don't even think it supports 4k resolution.

Also, Linux on x86 doesn't support HDR yet, so no HDR in LibreELEC for PCs for now.

Thank you for the information. I'd hoped I could make more use of this box than just x264/1080p and below that I get now. Even my RPi 2 now plays HEVC x265 clips once I upgraded it to current. I'd hoped I could do more with the Acer Revo.

Looks like I'll need to find a new box, but the pickings are slim. I love the Nvidia Shield but it only plays Android and that denies delete permission to my external USB media drive which is crucial for my use. I've tried the Droidbox s905 T8-Mini and s905x T8-SE, but they just don't seem to be the ultimate solution, even when running the LibreElec boot option. I just am not experienced enough to wade through all the various comments and suggestions that seem to point at more like the Droidbox setups.

• I've tried the Droidbox s905 T8-Mini and s905x T8-SE, but they just don't seem to be the ultimate solution, even when running the LibreElec boot option. I just am not experienced enough to wade through all the various comments and suggestions that seem to point at more like the Droidbox setups.

Whats wrong with the Tanix TX7 S905X box. Cheap and highly specced and supports UHD and gives HDR too though I only have a FHD TV with an excelletn picture quality right now as unable to afford to change TVs. I used the Beelink MXIII II S905X box before and that was even better but no longer available.