[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• straylit Device tree overlays do not work with legacy Amlogic u-boot and kernel as far as I know.

What you can try is edit boot.ini and add this line right before "bootm prep": fdt set /spicc status okay

This should enable SPICC node and load the driver. Whether it works and how - you tell me. ;)

kszaq Thanks for the info!

I'll give that a shot when I get home.

If that doesn't work perhaps I could apply the overlay to your device tree source file by hand before compiling with dtc to create my own dtb.

On that note, is there a file missing from your s905-device-trees repo?

There are references to a gxl_p212_2g.dts but I don't see it in there and can't get gxl_p212_2g_lepotato.dts to compile without it.

Thanks again!

Code: gxl_p212_2g_lepotato.dts
    #include "gxl_p212_2g.dts"
  • Hi,

I have the problem that ESC and BACKSPACE have the same function in 8.2.2.3 on my S95x box.

Usually it worked that BACKSPACE always goes BACK one step and ESC always brought me to the homes creen when navigating trough folders. Currently ESC also only goes back to the last screen rather than jumping to the home screen.

Is this a know problem or a wrong keymapping in 8.2.2.3?

Thx and BR

Sascha

Edited once, last by Saschman (January 14, 2018 at 11:29 AM).

• Hello Everyone,

I have a nexbox a95x clone (100% hardware clone, just different plastic case); since upgrading from 8.2.1.2 (now on 8.2.2.3) I lost 802.11a connectivity.

My box is not 'seeing' 5 ghz networks anymore (works perfectly with stock android); maybe it's a dtb.img problem; anyone experiencing the same bug ?

Any help appreciated :)

EDIT: it seems related to new broadcom drivers; some errors reported in dmesg (attached); can you please have a look kszaq ?

• [8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

What were you using before 8.2.2.2 & .3 that worked ?

HEllo,

8.2.1.2 was working :)

Sorry, my typo: i upgraded from 8.2.1.2 which was working, directly to 8.2.2.3 which is not working, now testing intermediate releases:

- 8.2.2.1 has working 802.11a

- 8.2.2.2 problem appeared: non-working 802.11a

• Hi All, I am running last 8.2 on a box with led-segment display which is always show "boot" signal whether it on or off.

Is there any way, any switch which can turn it off when LibreElec turns off?

• Hi, what is the recommended file system for a external hdd connected via USB? I have one with NTFS but the cpu/memory usage is very high. Anyone have better luck with ext3 or ext4 ?

• What you can try is edit boot.ini and add this line right before "bootm prep": fdt set /spicc status okay

This should enable SPICC node and load the driver. Whether it works and how - you tell me. ;)

kszaq Thanks for the info!

I'll give that a shot when I get home.

I've added the following to my boot.ini:

Code
    fdt set /spicc status okay
    fdt mknode /spicc spidev
    fdt set /spicc/spidev compatible linux,spidev
    fdt set /spicc/spidev reg <0>
    fdt set /spicc/spidev spi-max-frequency <30000000>

Which resulted in the very promising:

However my SPI devices don't seem to be getting any data.

I attempted to translate the rest of the overlay as follows, but I'm less confident about the syntax here:

Code
    fdt set /aliases spi0 /soc/cbus@c1100000/spi@8d80
    fdt set /spicc pinctrl-0 <&spi_pins>
    fdt set /spicc pinctrl-names default
    fdt set /spicc cs-gpios <&gpio 89 1>

This didn't change the dmesg output or get my hardware working so not sure it had any effect.

The line about aliases seems especially dodgy.

I'll keep looking at it and would appreciate any ideas y'all might have.

Cheers:thumbup:

• Hi All, I am running last 8.2 on a box with led-segment display which is always show "boot" signal whether it on or off.

Is there any way, any switch which can turn it off when LibreElec turns off?

Does this device happen to be tanix tx3 mini? If yes there is support for the front led in Leia builds (no turn off, only clock display) and also in the dual firmware. Please have a look at this thread.

• Can someone guide me about my problem?

• My device not is the Mecool KIII PRO with 3gb of RAM It is the Akaso KIII without PRO and 2gb of RAM.

With pendrive of 8gb and creare with Win32disk It worked perfectly . But with a pendrive of 32gb and 3.0 not worked. When boot show that message. I used USB-SD Creator tool of Libreelec, rufus and Win32 disk imager and there is no way.

• My device not is the Mecool KIII PRO with 3gb of RAM It is the Akaso KIII without PRO and 2gb of RAM.

With pendrive of 8gb and creare with Win32disk It worked perfectly . But with a pendrive of 32gb and 3.0 not worked. When boot show that message. I used USB-SD Creator tool of Libreelec, rufus and Win32 disk imager and there is no way.

Try an USB 2.0 flash drive then, search for a fast one.