[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• What are the benefits of a 64bit image?

There are none, in fact: there might only be disadvantages. One disadvantage: no support :)

I have one personal rather specific technical reason to use 64bit : I maintain a 64bit gentoo aarch64 stage3 chroot inside LE.

Also, by building and running 64bit, I will report if anything fails in 64bit only (this, so far, never occurred).

For sure 32bit consumes less resources and supports more add-ons.

For someone who has enough RAM (I have 2GB and 4GB swap) and only uses basic LE functionality, it may work.

As for core functionality. It's built from exact same code.

• Hi kszaq . Do you think you can do something Music Visualizations ? I wrote about this little bug but it seems that I am the only one to use the Music Visualization. Its nothing but its can improve the experience of users who do not use Libreelec only to watch movies. :)

Thanks again for your work.

• kszaq

I also noticed that the latest Odroid-C2 build (8.1.9) doesn't work from EMMC. I will try SD card later (not yet tried). Version 8.1.8 works fine when burned via DD or via the LE bootcard maker. Version 8.1.9 ends up @ a black screen saying something about not being able to access "Libreelec_Disk" partition. I will update this later with the exact error.

EDIT: I have serial access on both, if you want me to provide some logs or run any commands. Just trying to capture them now :)

Cheers as usual!

• Does anyone have an idea why the number keys on my TV's remote won't work via CEC? The do work with the supplied remote of my Memobox t95n, but I can't get my LG B6V's remote to work properly in Libreelec. The navigation, ok, and back work, so it's enough to work with, but I really miss the numbers keys for sms style text input, for easy browsing through movies and stuff. Another strange thing is that the color buttons from the orinal remote don't work, but the color buttons of my LG's remote do work (I have color buttons assigned in my remote.xml).

I tried running irw to see what is registered, but neither the remote from the TV as the remote from the box registers input (although the original remote works). I'm kinda at a loss how to start creating my own remote.conf if I can't see what is inputted. In the meantime I have an mce receiver connected, which is bigger than the t95n, just to have all my keys properly configured.

• I also noticed that the latest Odroid-C2 build (8.1.9) doesn't work from EMMC. I will try SD card later (not yet tried). Version 8.1.8 works fine when burned via DD or via the LE bootcard maker. Version 8.1.9 ends up @ a black screen saying something about not being able to access "Libreelec_Disk" partition. I will update this later with the exact error.

On the eMMC or SD card....

Rename boot.ini to boot.ini.broken

Rename boot.ini.update to boot.ini

There is an error in the boot.ini file introduced by the LE 8.1.9 update.

• Does anyone have an idea why the number keys on my TV's remote won't work via CEC? The do work with the supplied remote of my Memobox t95n, but I can't get my LG B6V's remote to work properly in Libreelec. The navigation, ok, and back work, so it's enough to work with, but I really miss the numbers keys for sms style text input, for easy browsing through movies and stuff. Another strange thing is that the color buttons from the orinal remote don't work, but the color buttons of my LG's remote do work (I have color buttons assigned in my remote.xml).

I tried running irw to see what is registered, but neither the remote from the TV as the remote from the box registers input (although the original remote works). I'm kinda at a loss how to start creating my own remote.conf if I can't see what is inputted. In the meantime I have an mce receiver connected, which is bigger than the t95n, just to have all my keys properly configured.

lg doesn’t expose the num keypad to cec. You probably have a magic remote, configure that one as ir remote and the numeric keypad will be available.

Using an LG Magic Remote with Kodi

• Hello :)

When I watch a movie in DVD resolution -> 720 pixel horizontally on a FullHD tv -> 1920 pixel horizontally

isn't there supposed to be a choice of upscales like lanczos etc. since it's non-HD-footage?

I have none.

• Poida music Visualization is less reactive to the music et looks a little bit laggy now, if you can , downgrade to the old 8.0.1b build it's the last one with smooth music visualization. I think you'll see a difference.

• Hello :)

When I watch a movie in DVD resolution -> 720 pixel horizontally on a FullHD tv -> 1920 pixel horizontally

isn't there supposed to be a choice of upscales like lanczos etc. since it's non-HD-footage?

I have none.

Is is done by the hardware scaling of GPU. CPU is not powerful enough to perform lanczos or spline.

• Hello

I'm new on the forum because I have some problems with 8.1.9 on my Nexbox A5 (S905x, 2G RAM, 16G eMMC Flash).

I can't get audio pass-through to work, it always outputs PCM sound. I've activated pass-through and all the codecs in the menu but it doesn't work.

When I try to play ATMOS files it sounds horribly distorted.

The funny thing is that the same files played flawlessly on 7.0.3.011. Pass-through worked perfectly on that version too.

I restored a backup from that version to 8.1.9 but the sound still doesn't work correctly.

I have 7.0.3.011 installed on internal memory and 8.1.9 on SDcard for testing. I used gxl_p212_2g.dtb from the device tree.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug?

Thank you very much for any clues.

Greetings

• Do you have sync playback to display on in kodi player settings?

• I think you'll see a difference.

Strange, I don't really notice it being any less responsive.

Are you using the Shadertoy addon v1.1.5.1? Seems just fine here. My only disappointment is that it doesn't seem to 'Randomise' too well.

Bounces around to the beat just fine though :)