[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Verdilak - Does the rgb part work, or is it a leftover from previous versions? According to page 1 it's broken, that's why I'm asking.

• I just saw today that Samba (CIFS) does not work. It was working alright but somewhere between 8.1.7 and 8.1.8 broke and now i cannot see the NAS share. The folder inside Kodi behaves like a normal folder and everything is saved locally.

I use this:

[Unit]

Description=cifs mount script

Requires=network-online.service

After=network-online.service

Before=kodi.service

[Mount]

What=//10.0.0.109/Videos/LibreELEC

Where=/storage/libreelec

Options=username=******,password= *****,rw

Type=cifs

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

• It's my first time that I checked this on 8.1.8 and didn't work for me either.

Edited once, last by quitroot (September 20, 2017 at 4:37 AM).

• A bit of a n00b question.

I've just gotten a (proper) 4k HDR tv with an amplifier which also supports these standards.

I've configured Kodi for 1080p 60 Hz as I read that the upscaling on newer/more expensive tv's are better than these s905x boxes (and I watch almost only 1080p).

When I watch a 4k HDR movie, the amp displays:

4k (3840x2160) 50 Hz

YCbCr420 24 bit

Is this the best picture I can get? Or could I try 442 or any other optimization/experimentation for a better picture. It's quite good now but I feel the build in YouTube App has better quality

• I changed it to v3 same result.

as far as i know there's two places where you can set smb version. In the libreelec settings (min-max) and in kodi service settings (cant check right now but i believe that is correct).

I set the LE config to min: smbv2, max: smbv3. In Kodi services i set max to smbv3. That works here.

Also, i think that some nas systems require smbv1 to function

• as far as i know there's two places where you can set smb version. In the libreelec settings (min-max) and in kodi service settings (cant check right now but i believe that is correct).

I set the LE config to min: smbv2, max: smbv3. In Kodi services i set max to smbv3. That works here.

Also, i think that some nas systems require smbv1 to function

All set as you mention. Still no change.

The wird thing is that I can get reached to the folder with kodi file manager.

• That's strange. I had something similar. See if you can force a higher Samba version on your NAS

it's a router (tp-link vr600) connect to usb drive. not a NAS.

this is what I have done:

1. create a file name: storage-vr600.mount

with this text (password and username are hidden for security reasons):

[Unit]

Description=cifs mount script

Requires=network-online.service

After=network-online.service

Before=kodi.service

[Mount]

What=//192.168.1.1/volume(sda1)/torrents

Where=/storage/vr600

Options=username=****,password=****,rw

Type=cifs

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

2. put it at my ki pro to this folder :

/storge/.config/system.d/

3. send this command through ssh:

systemctl enable storage-vr600.mount

4. reset the device.

5. then I saw the folder buy it's empty.

uploaded router setting,

• I have a weird and annoying issue on my box which I don't know how to tackle (and properly supply a bug report).

9 out of 10 times, when my box comes out of standby it gets stuck at the Libreelec splash screen and won't continue to boot. Not all the time, but practically always. There's no network, so I can't reboot it remotely. I have to unplug the power and after I plug it, it always boots. 100% success.

It seems there's a difference between cold boot and coming from standby, but how to troubleshoot and get logs of the error ... I don't know.

In the zip file in the logs folder, there's a 01_KODI_CRASH.log and 01_KODI_OTHER.log but the content is abracadabra to me.

Okay, I've enabled debug logging and turned my box off for a while. After powering on, it froze at the Libreelec splash screen. I hope there's something useful in them.

• A little bit off topic,

I'm using WOL (wake on lan) to wake up my server where my multimedia files.

It works great.

It's possible to send some commands to shutting down server at same time i shutdown my Android box?

• A little bit off topic,

I'm using WOL (wake on lan) to wake up my server where my multimedia files.

It works great.

It's possible to send some commands to shutting down server at same time i shutdown my Android box?

It should be possible by running a shutdown script on your box incl. the commands to ssh and shutdown your server (e.g. poweroff command).