Posts by lixe

Hey there,

I‘m thinking about building a Raspberry Pi LibreELEC box for a good friend for christmas. One, or maybe the biggest application for him, could probably be playing music. He just loves hearing music in lossless quality and right now uses his MacBook as player combined with a Musical Fidelity V90 DAC connected by USB. So I’m wondering whether this specific DAC would work with LibreELEC (connected by USB)? I couldn’t find much about this DAC regarding any Linux compatibility... as it seems the V90 should work with Linux but that doesn’t mean its working with LibreELEC, right? Maybe someone could help me to figure it out, would be soooo glad :) setuping LibreELEC won’t be the problem, but I’m not that experienced when it comes to something like whether or not specific external sound cards connected by USB are working with Linux or which distribution and so on.

Thanks!

Felix

Thanks! Can someone recommend a s905x box on which I can "easily" install Libreelec? By the way what's the big problem with Kodi running on Android? Is it really that bad? Seems as Kodi on Android would support everything on these boxes (HD Audio, HDR, 4k, VP-9...)?

Hi there,

CEC is working great for me so far using a Odroid C2 and a Sony TV (W805C). There is only one thing: if I hold the middle/select button, I get the select action in repeat. But if I use the Kodi Remote on iOS, I can hold the middle button there, so I get a selection menu. Can someone help me how to change this behavior, so that I can use my TV remote to open the information menu as well?

You're right and also a little embarrassing :D

I thought my network is fast enough, but after I played Dark Knight using an USB disk, everything was absolutely fine! Sorry, at least it is working now :)

Thank you so much for your support!

So, I gave it a try. It's working for some seconds and then it starts stuttering and also the audio is missing then. If I pause and play again, it works again for a few seconds... Only tried Dark Knight and Dark Knight Returns so far.

Anything else I could try? Or just wait for the next version? At least it seems as the problem could be solved in the near future and it's not going to be that way forever on the C2?

Hey there,

I've just got my Odroid C2 today and it's great so far (24p, HD Audio, CEC...)! However I've tried OpenPHT and Libreelec, but as it seems VC-1 seems to cause a lot of problems (Dark Knight in my case). So I'm just interested if it will be maybe fixed someday because of a software problem (which could be fixed) or whether it is related to the S905 hardware itself, so there is no hope?

Thanks!

Felix