[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I don't think the Reflashing Android Firmware is what he's mainly looking at resolving here.

No, he wants to be able to flash to internal.

For whatever reason, the script was interrupted resulting in a box left with abnormal setup / layout or whatever you want to call it.

Therefore he must return the box to a 'normal' layout in order to start the installtointernal procedure again or run from the sd card (which "Everything went just fine, system runs perfectly from SD.")

So he would need a compatible Android FW that he can flash in order to 'reset' the box

If the X96 FW is compatible then maybe LE will 'take' better than it did from the original FW (who knows?)

• As far as advice to others goes, would you not agree that everyone should at least learn enough to know that they should back up their original FW before hastily overwriting it?

Of course that is good advice, I never contested that.
    Unfortunately it is too late in my case, which is entirely my fault of course, but so your post just sounded spiteful to me.

Of course people have had flashes go wrong before (which is what this particular issue is), they just usually have taken precautions allowing them to quickly revert the box to original setup

I just believe that my particular problem has never been named here.
    Normally people can just run installtointernal again and it's fine.
    There were also cases where the box just booted into a black screen from internal, but booting to Android Recovery seemed entirely new for me.
    This is why I asked for experiences.

Hopefully you will be able to recover your box using the advice you have received and therefor be able to stop striking out at those offering help ;)

I hope so too, but I need to clarify that I did not strike out to anyone! What are you talking about?
    I merely asked for help and I was happy to get it, thanking the authors and/or liking their posts.

You are the one who started this and I think it is understandable that I tried to explain and defend my actions in response.
    I have been part of this community for a good while and I also try to help and contribute where I can, so I thought asking for a bit of help would not be the worst thing in the world.

• The box is currently in use and still runs perfectly from SD with the regular device tree.
    I gave it to my friend to use like that for now because I am leaving for a vacation tomorrow.
    I will try to restore Android once I return, so I am happy for the advice I got here.

• You are the one who started this. . .

Then I'll be the one to stop it.

Just read what has been offered, there is some good advice to be checked out.

No need to waste any more time worrying about if the comments are meant to help (They are) :thumbup:

• HI kszaq, first of all I would like to thank you for your hard work for making these low budget boxes the best they can be with libreelec. I have been using it for quite some time and I am very happy with it on my mxq pro box.

Now I do come across a problem with updating this week to the latest version 8.1.10 of libreelec for s905 boxes. Unfortunately the PVR Vu+ enigma2 client is not working on the latest version. When I try to download the plugin I get an error message that it is unable to download. When I try it again I get the error message again but after that I get a message that it is installed, very weird. I tried to configure the client with my enigma2 receiver but then when everything is configured and I enable the addon i get the message: '' Addon couldnt be loaded. An unknown error has occurred''.

I was running a version of libreelec from somewhere around May Kodi 17.3 (which worked perfectly with the enigma2 pvr client) before installing the latest libreelec version,

Has somebody else come across this problem? If it is a problem of this latest build, can you fix it kszaq? I really use this pvr client on a daily basis.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi kszaq,

I have been following this forum and have been taking advantage of your hard work for a long time.

How do you find the time and energy to do such quality development and to provide amazing support at the same time?

You must be a Superman! Chapeau!

Thank you Sir.

Edited once, last by druhboruch (October 28, 2017 at 1:16 AM).

• Hi All

I have managed to run LibreELec from a USB drive on my Minix U1, but every time I try to run it from my Toshiba mSD card I get the Android screen with the green robot and the red exclamation mark, a list of options on the left like power down, reboot, etc.

I've tried to read through the thread, but am not sure what can be done...To be honest I'm not very experienced so am not sure where to begin.

Does this mean the mSD card isn't being read at all (the mSD slot on the Minix is poorly designed) or that this card has a problem...It's a brand new card with exactly the same device tree, image as the USB.

How should I solve this?

• I have managed to run LibreELec from a USB drive on my Minix U1, but every time I try to run it from my Toshiba mSD card I get the Android screen with the green robot

That is Recovery Mode. (Future reference) and your box is not recognising script to boot from SD Card.

MINIX U1 / U9: insert SD card, plug in power cord. Then hold in power button for at least 6 seconds or until LE Logo appears.

We are assuming you followed the instructions for your particular box ?

• Hi All

I have managed to run LibreELec from a USB drive on my Minix U1, but every time I try to run it from my Toshiba mSD card I get the Android screen with the green robot and the red exclamation mark, a list of options on the left like power down, reboot, etc.

I've tried to read through the thread, but am not sure what can be done...To be honest I'm not very experienced so am not sure where to begin.

Does this mean the mSD card isn't being read at all (the mSD slot on the Minix is poorly designed) or that this card has a problem...It's a brand new card with exactly the same device tree, image as the USB.

How should I solve this?

Check out this thread...

[SOLVED] - sd card slot problem | MINIX Forum - Official

• On latest version (8.1.10) I am not able to access web interface of Tvheadend after a fresh install on Wetek Play 2. Of course, before I installed Tvheadend add-on from Libreelec repository with no error messages.

Netstat command didn't show 9981 as listening port.

I want to change behaviour for some keys from remote control of Wetek Play 2 using Keymap Editor, but these are not detected on key press. There is a remote.conf file specific for Wetek Play 2? How to implement this file in device?

Thanks in advance.

• 8.2.0.1 scheduled for upload. I will update the changelog later today. Please update your device trees with this release as it would allow the new feature - automatic device tree update - to work for the future builds.