[TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

• I don't know if it related to PVR or Leia build, but it takes sometime about 8-13 seconds between channels switching

In logs there is a delays between this strings

[43350.819229@4] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.49: IEC958 playback enable

[43363.607860@1] vfm_map_store:rm default

See attachments below

log1.txt log2.txt journal1.txt

In 8.0.x kszaq builds there are no such delays.

Edited 3 times, last by boot2k3 (July 13, 2017 at 10:19 PM).

• I have been using the Netflix addon, but did a clean install for this new version. Now I can't find the link on how I installed it before. I made a video showing how it looks, but I did not put any information in the description. can someone point me to the right post on how to install Netfix and Amazon addons. Guess old age is catching up to me. I have poring over this thread for hours but can't find the instructions. Part of the instructions was to use Putty to run a command, from what I remember.

thanks

• I have been using the Netflix addon, but did a clean install for this new version. Now I can't find the link on how I installed it before. I made a video showing how it looks, but I did not put any information in the description. can someone point me to the right post on how to install Netfix and Amazon addons. Guess old age is catching up to me. I have poring over this thread for hours but can't find the instructions. Part of the instructions was to use Putty to run a command, from what I remember.

thanks

Instructions are on the github release page Releases · amillogical/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Netflix/Amazon Prime VOD Support

Run the following:

curl -Ls http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh | bash

Then install one of the following addons:

Netflix addon or install netflix repository from "LibreELEC Addon" repository, and install "netflix" from the netflix repository.

Amazon Prime VOD addon

• Hello johngalt,

i tried testing 5 and testing6 and tvheadend Client is not working. It is still working in testing 4. It seems like something is missing in that builds. Thank you for your work.

• If you guys can wait a bit more, I'm planning to use Nougat kernel with improvements from johngalt for LE 8.2 builds. But at this point I can't give you an ETA, lots of real-life things to sort out first. ;)

• Sorry to ask a maybe unpopular question, but johngalt what is your impression about Kodi 18 condition?

Especially this: At current condition is 'Leia' more likely a complete new era with many broken things and construction sites or more likely a modded 'Krypton' with many things untouched and therfore 'just works'?

• If you guys can wait a bit more, I'm planning to use Nougat kernel with improvements from johngalt for LE 8.2 builds. But at this point I can't give you an ETA, lots of real-life things to sort out first. ;)

WoW, it looks nice ... even if on my KII pro its working fine with 8.0.2e just fine ... its always good to receive backports and improvements from newer builds ... offcourse we will wait for you

• I know I was talking about doing a new build this weekend, but I shouldn't have given an ETA because I didn't get a chance to test some nougat-exp changes.

• Force RGB:

If you have an older display and needed output_rgb, please use the following instead of the old interface:

echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

This no longer works. I am quite sure it worked after you first implemented it.

I did not use the box for some weeks, and updated to the version 8.0.2-testing8 today. My Philips got the "pink screen" almost immediatly.

• I know I was talking about doing a new build this weekend, but I shouldn't have given an ETA because I didn't get a chance to test some nougat-exp changes.

Do you plan to work on a S912 build? Will it make you work twice harder or is it like a simple branch?

• veronicasmithen03 I just uploaded the khadas vim dtb, it's on the releases page in the download section. I don't have the device, but it should work.

Thanks a million for uploading that! Thats awesome.

Unfortunately it doesn't work - just stays at the initial boot screen. I tested various builds and several other DTBs to no avail.

I tested Kszaq's most recent build, and I can boot his build with his khadas DTB. Tried using his DTB to boot your build but of course it won't work (as expected).

Anyways thanks so much for the constant development! I see it there are now LE 9 builds to try! :)