New Forum Software

• Official Post

what is the difference between "unread posts" and "new posts"

"unread" tracks not seen/read posts forever (you can click ofc read all to clear it)

last visit shows new posts since last visit regardless if you have missed something at your visit before or not

Sometimes I'll want to go back to re-read / edit.

the problem is that everyone uses the board differently and had different habits (for ex never heard of this one)

if I can include this somehow i will do, same with posts in last 24h what some ppl have demands out of whatever reasons

• "unread" tracks not seen/read posts forever (you can click ofc read all to clear it)

last visit shows new posts since last visit regardless if you have missed something at your visit before or not

the problem is that everyone uses the board differently and had different habits (for ex never heard of this one)

if I can include this somehow i will do, same with posts in last 24h what some ppl have demands out of whatever reasons

Thanks for considering it - if it's a no-go it's not the end of the world. But what I'm looking for is literally the same as hitting 'new posts' on the old forum gave, or what hitting 'View new posts' or 'View Today's Posts' (either/or) gives on the Kodi forum. That's a fairly common forum feature.

• The interface is really nice but lack of support in tapatalk really sucks.

Will this change later on? There is a good alternative ?.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I would really like Tapatalk support. I am rarely on my laptop, just my phone for the most of it.

• Official Post

Is the new forum really that bad on its own on a mobile phone? Or is Tapatalk just elbowing itself onto as many mobile phones as possible merely for its own commercial plans (including advertisements?) and other usual granted Android/iOS privileges?

I haven't used/tested the new forum yet on my phone, so I'm in the dark there.

• Is the new forum really that bad on its own on a mobile phone?

I've never used Tapatalk, so I don't really know what I'm missing, but I'm browsing on my Galaxy S5 right now (chrome browser) and find the forums just as easy to navigate as any others I've come across.

• Official Post

think this is visual bug in Firefox 53.0.3 (but fine in Internet explorer 11). But seems it helps if page is refreshed once or twice.

this was part of the bug where the last post since you visit was shifted upwards for random reason (fixed)

css could be a real bitch sometimes :/

I stopped being able to see my messages and send

If you have no posts yet someone from the admin team need to "approve" your post first.

• There are no longer any page links in the list of threads. Because of this you always need to open a thread first before being able to go directly to the last page. This is at least the case on my mobile phone. Where showing links to all pages is overkill, going to the last one directly is quite efficient, on mobile as well as desktop.

Also going one level up (from thread to forum) is +1 click more for me. My personal opinion: it's ugly (non-sheriff fonts are ugly to read and no so easy readable) and unusable because of only 1 sometimes 2 posts on my tablet screen that I see (waste of space!!!)!

• I really like this new forum software. Since I was already impressed by the solution on german kodinerds, this here is just such an improvement compared to the former forum software. Also the versioning of posts after editing them is an absolutely neat and handy little feature. I'm sure all the other users either will get used to this system, or it will be improved by you guys :)

EDIT

There is one thing I've noticed: In conversations (former pm), there is no delete button. You can mark all pm's but there is nothing you can do with this marking. You can leave a conversation by clicking "Edit -- manage participation" but this is quite crazy to do it for every single of my 83 pm's (which were simply [now] useless notifications about new posts in watched threads).

Edited once, last by infinity85 (May 30, 2017 at 11:43 PM).

• I love the new look, however I am also sorry to see, that tapatalk i not working with it. What I am curious: I thought this is the same software as Kodinerds - which is working great with tapatalk! Am I missing something? Is it maybe just some calibration?