New Forum Software

• As you may have seen we are finally live with a new forum software (Woltlab Wbb 5.0 if you are curious).

Kindly the admins behind Kodinerds.net - Deutschsprachiges Forum zum Kodi Entertainment Center sponsored us a licence for the new forum and we are happy that we could finally switch to a up to date software.

Thank you that you made this possible :)

whats new in a nutshell:

- paste images directly into the message field (or upload them)

- @username creates an notification for this user that he was mentioned (for example CvH )

- a full fledged notification system where you can keep track of all what you might be interested in

- finally a real good working quote system ;)

- mobile theme

- proper like system

known "problems":

- no tapatalk support because tapatalk offer no support for the version we use

- some posts may be a bit broken (due the import from another software) - if you find those just report them

If you experience some problems or have suggestions pls tell us at this thread.

• I notice that you can no longer see how many pages are in a particular thread, as the page #'s & their respective links are now gone.

Is this by design? Personally I prefer to see how many pages there are in a thread without having to open up the thread.

• I'm sure the new SW is full of useful new features but, God it's ugly!

Too much wasted screen space, only one message fits in my laptop screen.

Running kszaq's LibreELEC 8.2.2.3 and adamg's LibreELEC 9.x 1.0.6 on Cooleme MB1 (S905X - 2GB/8GB)

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as always. But yes, new software was needed, not in the least because of more and more spam attacks.

We have the inital LibreELEC makeup on this new forum, further cosmetic changes will be done along the way.

• You would think that a technical website like this would come up with something better than this. This is just the same bad design you see popping up everywhere... And forced smooth scrolling aaahhhhhh!

• Too much wasted screen space,

yes this this already known, this will be reduced soonish (due multible ppl involved with different time-windows we need to get the ball rolling - even a bit unfinished) - the current style is basically the default wbb style with changed colors

come up with something better

there are no real alternatives, the oss boards are not even close to be a alternative (besides "discourse" what is not a tradition forum) and vbb ... are not that different but ridiculous expensive

And forced smooth scrolling aaahhhhhh!

ups that shouldn't be activated anymore ;D *fixed*

• not too sure what are you see or maybe I misunderstand your problem

I have this

There are no longer any page links in the list of threads. Because of this you always need to open a thread first before being able to go directly to the last page. This is at least the case on my mobile phone. Where showing links to all pages is overkill, going to the last one directly is quite efficient, on mobile as well as desktop.

MECOOL KIII Pro (S912)

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, overclock mode: 'Pi2' (1000/500/500/2), gpu_mem_1024: '320'

• There are no longer any page links in the list of threads ... to go directly to the last page

oh that is not intended, there is a missing /?action=firstNew at the links - looks like our rewrite rules accidentally remove them

if its fixed you click at the thread link and go to the last unread post of the thread instead of always to the first

• I think horizontal bar with LibreELEC logo is taking way too much space. And there is nothing on right side.

What about something like this?

Support my work with small (or big) Paypal donation

Amlogic devices works better with CoreELEC

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community with limited support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• There is no link to the last post at the right side of the topic.

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H96 Pro 3GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), ODORID N2 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H/K AVR 161S, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu

I have to wait for our server guy to fix it ;) if you add /?action=firstNew to the url it works (as said its accidentally removed)

What about something like this?

that eat up even more as if you scroll down you have only the navbar - btw no problem to scale it a bit down

If you click on the avatar (your avatar in the screenshot you posted), you go to the latest post.

Running kszaq's LibreELEC 8.2.2.3 and adamg's LibreELEC 9.x 1.0.6 on Cooleme MB1 (S905X - 2GB/8GB)

• Thank you I haven't noticed that.

Oh, there is a hint also when hover the mouse.

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H96 Pro 3GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), ODORID N2 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H/K AVR 161S, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu

• I have to wait for our server guy to fix it ;) if you add /?action=firstNew to the url it works (as said its accidentally removed)

Sorry if I misunderstood, but firstNew is not the same as last post. I read the forum with a plethora of devices (and browsers) so firstNew very often applies only on that particular device/browser. For me, it's easier to just jump straight to the last post of a particular thread on the list and skim backwards to see if there is something interesting on that thread.

(EDIT: ok, I just noticed the avatar link. It's quite a hidden feature, but nevertheless, I can work with that)

Oh, and I noticed that even with a browser width of 1000px (the limit is somewhere near a width of 1027px) the navigation is replaced with the "hamburger" menu which seems a bit overkill. With a 1680x1050 laptop screen I would expect to be able to fit e.g. 2 browser windows side by side and not yet suffer from disappearing/replaced elements due to exaggerated width limits in the name of responsiveness.

S805: MXQ S85 (red "MX"), 1/8 GB
    S905: MiniMXIII, 2/16 GB

• When browsing in mobile view how do I get to the newest post? I mean right now I have to enter a topic, scroll down, choose the last page and scroll down again..

• When browsing in mobile view how do I get to the newest post?

this is still not fixed, have to wait for server guy - then just click the normal link

Oh, and I noticed that even with a browser width of 1000px (the limit is somewhere near a width of 1027px) the navigation is replaced with the "hamburger" menu which seems a bit overkill

yes this is overkill - this is the default for some reason (actually not sure why)
    try to shrink it a bit