New Forum Software

• Official Post

As you may have seen we are finally live with a new forum software (Woltlab Wbb 5.0 if you are curious).

Kindly the admins behind Kodinerds.net - Deutschsprachiges Forum zum Kodi Entertainment Center sponsored us a licence for the new forum and we are happy that we could finally switch to a up to date software.

Thank you that you made this possible :)

whats new in a nutshell:

- paste images directly into the message field (or upload them)

- username creates an notification for this user that he was mentioned (for example CvH )

- a full fledged notification system where you can keep track of all what you might be interested in

- finally a real good working quote system ;)

- mobile theme

- proper like system

known "problems":

- no tapatalk support because tapatalk offer no support for the version we use

- some posts may be a bit broken (due the import from another software) - if you find those just report them

If you experience some problems or have suggestions pls tell us at this thread.

• I notice that you can no longer see how many pages are in a particular thread, as the page #'s & their respective links are now gone.

Is this by design? Personally I prefer to see how many pages there are in a thread without having to open up the thread.

• You would think that a technical website like this would come up with something better than this. This is just the same bad design you see popping up everywhere... And forced smooth scrolling aaahhhhhh!

• Official Post

Too much wasted screen space,

yes this this already known, this will be reduced soonish (due multible ppl involved with different time-windows we need to get the ball rolling - even a bit unfinished) - the current style is basically the default wbb style with changed colors

come up with something better

there are no real alternatives, the oss boards are not even close to be a alternative (besides "discourse" what is not a tradition forum) and vbb ... are not that different but ridiculous expensive

And forced smooth scrolling aaahhhhhh!

ups that shouldn't be activated anymore ;D *fixed*

• not too sure what are you see or maybe I misunderstand your problem

I have this

There are no longer any page links in the list of threads. Because of this you always need to open a thread first before being able to go directly to the last page. This is at least the case on my mobile phone. Where showing links to all pages is overkill, going to the last one directly is quite efficient, on mobile as well as desktop.

• I have to wait for our server guy to fix it ;) if you add /?action=firstNew to the url it works (as said its accidentally removed)

Sorry if I misunderstood, but firstNew is not the same as last post. I read the forum with a plethora of devices (and browsers) so firstNew very often applies only on that particular device/browser. For me, it's easier to just jump straight to the last post of a particular thread on the list and skim backwards to see if there is something interesting on that thread.

(EDIT: ok, I just noticed the avatar link. It's quite a hidden feature, but nevertheless, I can work with that)

Oh, and I noticed that even with a browser width of 1000px (the limit is somewhere near a width of 1027px) the navigation is replaced with the "hamburger" menu which seems a bit overkill. With a 1680x1050 laptop screen I would expect to be able to fit e.g. 2 browser windows side by side and not yet suffer from disappearing/replaced elements due to exaggerated width limits in the name of responsiveness.

• When browsing in mobile view how do I get to the newest post? I mean right now I have to enter a topic, scroll down, choose the last page and scroll down again..

• Official Post

When browsing in mobile view how do I get to the newest post?

this is still not fixed, have to wait for server guy - then just click the normal link

Oh, and I noticed that even with a browser width of 1000px (the limit is somewhere near a width of 1027px) the navigation is replaced with the "hamburger" menu which seems a bit overkill

yes this is overkill - this is the default for some reason (actually not sure why)
    try to shrink it a bit