Librespot addon

• I unistalled the plugin, deleted the settings folder, installed again, but i still get the same error.

• LibreELEC 9.0 running on Raspi3

Spotify 8.4.82.664 running on android 8.0.0

librespot-log:

http://ix.io/1v4h

With the LE8-system and librespot, spotify sees the new device directly.

With the LE9-system unfortunately it doesn't... From the log however it seems that librespot is not running, right?

• I installed Librespot 8.2.111 on LibreELEC 8.2.5 on an RPi3B+. I can connect from my Android phone (Spotify version 8.4.82.664) and start playing, but after a few tracks, it stops. From that point I am unable to reconnect to Librespot from my phone until I reboot LibreELEC.

I have:

set wait for network in LibreELEC settings

left username and password blank

tried Kodi mode

LibreELEC log:

http://ix.io/1vte

journalctl -u service.librespot:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can see it claims that the connection was reset by peer, but I'm not doing anything. I found a related Github issue, but I'm not having this issue with the Volumio plugin which is based on Librespot. I've read a few comments (though I'm not sure they are relevant to this issue) from users who removed PulseAudio to fix Librespot. Is that an option on LibreELEC?

In summary, a LibreELEC device only behaves as a Spotify Connect client while it is not playing a media.

Last time I checked, a PS4 behaves the same: it will not play Spotify while a game is played.

It makes sense when parents and teenagers share such devices ;)

The addon could be updated to switch this behaviour on or off, but I neither have time or a need for it. Contributions are welcome

That has never been true. The PS4 Spotify app launched with support for music during games and still has it.

• XelNika

Librespot does not exit upon network failure.This is a known bug that no developer was able to fix up to now, see eg Panic does not exit · Issue #226 · librespot-org/librespot · GitHub. One solution is to use a stable network connection.

If you think pulseaudio is the problem, then use ALSA mode: Librespot for LibreELEC only uses pulseaudio in Kodi mode, to stream to Kodi.

As for disabling Librespot during Kodi playback, it is an implementation choice: the user of Kodi (me) has precedence over Spotify users (my teenagers). If you value this feature less than I do, feel free to change the corresponding Python code here LibreELEC.tv/ls_player.py at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Coders are welcome!

• hi,

Thanks for the add on, it works great on kodi LibreELEC 9.

Is there a feature that keeps the screen black when the next song is starting?

That would be very nice because I hear a lot of audiobooks about the addon. :-).

• Hi, thanks for this great add-on, finally I can play Spotify over my RPi 3/Kodi. The only thing is that I can't see artist, title or playing time on the on screen display. I have to look at Spotify on my smartphone to see what I'm playing. The only thing I do see on my Kodi screen is a notification in the upper right corner which DOES display artist and title. So somehow Kodi receives this information whenever a song starts. Is there a way to display this information in the OSD permanently, throughout the entire song? Are there any settings I can tweak?

• Hi, thanks for this great add-on, finally I can play Spotify over my RPi 3/Kodi. The only thing is that I can't see artist, title or playing time on the on screen display. I have to look at Spotify on my smartphone to see what I'm playing. The only thing I do see on my Kodi screen is a notification in the upper right corner which DOES display artist and title. So somehow Kodi receives this information whenever a song starts. Is there a way to display this information in the OSD permanently, throughout the entire song? Are there any settings I can tweak?

This feature is only available with LibreELEC version 9.0, when you set Librespot to use Kodi mode.

• Hello,

this addon works great until a few days.

The issue is:

On my Smartphone I can start playing a song over Spotify connect on my RPi2 LibreELEC box with addon LibreSpot.

But while a song is playing and I select another song on my Smartphone the song doesn't start playing in my LibreELEC box. Instead the previous song starts from beginning again.

I change nothing on my LibreELEC box and nothing on my Smartphone.

On my Wetek play box with LibreELEC I have the same issue. On both boxes I have installed LibreELEC 9.0.0 and Librespot 114.

I also already tried the Librespot Version 115 or 144s. It's the same issue.

Anybody else with this problem here?

Regards,

MikeCC