Posts by awiouy

The HTTP 403 Is a HTTP status code meaning access to the requested resource is forbidden for some reason. The server understood the request, but will not fulfill it due to client-related issues.

Check http://aaaaa.com/bbb with a browser. This might provide information about your issue.

The server might not like the user-agent used by IPTV simple.

I tried creating that, and it didn't work. And I tried the normmal manual ways of mounting a samba share, and that didn't work either. So what I WAS wondering about was, in what way is this distro different, since the standard linux smb commands claims that the share and server doesn't exist.

You say you tried to create a system.d configuration file, but you neither provide that file, nor the reason (error message) why it fails.

You say you tried the normal way, but you neither describe the normal way nor how it fails.

Someone might help you if you provide more details about what you are trying to do and how it fails.

I do not understand your configuration. Why do you use two subnets?

It has been a long time that I have not played with tinc, but I remember that it was complicated.

Some advice:

- on LibreELEC, use an interface name that is blacklisted by connman, eg vmnet_foo, to prevent connman from messing with its configuration,

- by default interfaces on LibreELEC will not forward traffic, so you have to enable ip forwarding (for tinc in router mode) or promiscuitous mode (for tinc in switch mode),

- use two addresses of your home network for the tinc interfaces (home ip 192.168.1.200 with a route to remote 192.168.0.201, remote ip 192.168.1.201 with a route to 192.168.1.0/24 via 192.168.0.200)

- I vaguely remember static routes on the router and/or brutils.

It will therefore probably be easier to configure a device more suitable to your purpose than a LibreELEC mediacenter

Hi,

Syncthing is not running anymore on LibreELEC 9.2.2. I've installed latest "Syncthing for Kodi addon 9.2.0.109" that seems to use syncthing 1.4.2. but current syncthing binary version is 1.9.0. Can you provide an update for Kodi please?

This repeats 5 times until it fails...

Thanks!

You could try to do the following in the console.

1. Create a dummy directory:

mkdir -p /storage/downloads/dummy

2. Run a dummy syncthing service:

STNODEFAULTFOLDER="y" syncthing -home=/storage/downloads/dummy -gui-address"0.0.0.0:23456"

3. Browse to http://libreelec.local:23456 and update syncthing to the latest version.

4. Stop the dummy syncthing with ctrl-c.

5. Restart syncthing:

systemctl restart service.syncthing

I would really like to get tinc working as I have to use specific port to connect (work place firewall)

Wireguard is using udp only as zerotier is :( Trying my best with openvpn-as from linuxserver but tinc looks like its much more efficient for me :/

Then use the --config flag of the tinc/tincd commands to store your custom configuration in a separate directory, and follow the tinc documentation. It should not be too hard ;)

Borygo77

To clarify, you can use the tinc binary provided by the addon to use all tinc features, but you will have to configure it yourself because the addon is only designed for point-to-point connections.

Zerotier One without Docker was mentioned here and there in this forum.

suppenkasper

Wireguard is indeed also an option.

As far as I know, routing is disabled by default on LibreELEC, but you can enable it by setting /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward to 1.

Hi awiouy. Sorry to dig so old thread but I'm having hard time here for last couple of hours trying to set your addon together with android tinc app.

So my question is did you compile this addon with router mode as its the only mode tinc android support?

Will this vpn let me connect from my phone outise of my house to network with my home ip address?

The addon uses router mode but LibreELEC will not route external trafic towards its local network.

Also, the addon uses tinc 1.1, which is not compatible with tinc 1.0.

In other words, the addon is useful to connect two (LibreELEC) devices point-to-point.

You can nevertheless use the tinc binary provided by the addon (as opposed to the service of the addon) to achieve whatever you need.

But nowadays there are more straightforward solutions, such as zerotier-one.