Unable to mount samba (Linux) share

• I'm trying to mount a samba share, hosted by a Vero4k (OSMC) on my LibreElec server. It seems it's been created to make just about any standard Linux functionality absolutely impossible.

I've tried the process in this thread: nfs.mount not working, with the storage-sharename.mnt file, and all suggestions in the thread. Nothing works. The share seems to be mounted, but it's completely empty no matter what I do or tweak.

Why make this so difficult? I'm not trying to add a Windows share, I'm trying to add a Linux share on another Linux server on a Linux server (!)

• ...which is mentioned in the thread I'm linking to, of which I've wrote that I've read and tried everything...

It seems the LibreElec community is a bit less knowledgeable than I expected, at least when it comes to Linux. An insanely simple thing like mounting a share between two linux machines, and why LibreElec somehow has made this difficult, should be one of the easiest questions possible. But alas, not one actual answer. Bye, LibreElec - life's too short to waste on c**p.

• I tried creating that, and it didn't work. And I tried the normmal manual ways of mounting a samba share, and that didn't work either. So what I WAS wondering about was, in what way is this distro different, since the standard linux smb commands claims that the share and server doesn't exist.

• I tried creating that, and it didn't work. And I tried the normmal manual ways of mounting a samba share, and that didn't work either. So what I WAS wondering about was, in what way is this distro different, since the standard linux smb commands claims that the share and server doesn't exist.

You say you tried to create a system.d configuration file, but you neither provide that file, nor the reason (error message) why it fails.

You say you tried the normal way, but you neither describe the normal way nor how it fails.

Someone might help you if you provide more details about what you are trying to do and how it fails.

• Here you have simple sample of working samba share...

192.168.1.111 is my other libreelec machine with 6TB of storage....

This file is placed in /storage/.config/system.d/ folder ;)

• ...which is mentioned in the thread I'm linking to, of which I've wrote that I've read and tried everything...

It seems the LibreElec community is a bit less knowledgeable than I expected, at least when it comes to Linux. An insanely simple thing like mounting a share between two linux machines, and why LibreElec somehow has made this difficult, should be one of the easiest questions possible. But alas, not one actual answer. Bye, LibreElec - life's too short to waste on c**p.

Nice....

Sounds to me Like you've tried to mount an Smb shar as NFS Share that's why i posted the link