I just switched several times between audio output on the android mobile and on librespot. It works for me.Spotify app version 22.214.171.1243
It seems to solve the problem.
CoreElec 8.95.3, librespot 112, Wetek Play 2:
I currently have the problem that librespot is often not running after the box is initially booted. It is neither visible in the spotify app on the mobile nor is the process running ('ps -edalf | grep librespot' does not show it)
I can help myself by e.g. open the configuration for the addon and saving it, librespot is than restarted.
Here is a log for the case that librespot is not running:
It was just playing an album, the mobile laid untouched on the table. Maybe a quirk in the spotify app. I will keep an eye on this, if its occurs again, but will be away for three weeks.
I had 111q run for a while today on my Wetek Play 2, CoreElec 8.95.1, Kodi audio mode.
One time it just stopped in the middle of a song. I think it was around this log lines
20:57:13.073 T:3839869808 NOTICE: Librespot: a playback stopped
20:57:13.073 T:3839869808 NOTICE: Librespot: restarting librespot
20:57:13.073 T:3839869808 NOTICE: Librespot: systemctl restart
The log (reduced, it was huge) can be found here:
I think I never experienced this with 111m. But it was not reproducible either. I played the same songs/album again and all worked well.
Installed 111m, looks good after a quick test on Wetek Play 2, CoreElec 8.95.0. Both audio modes seem to work.
Only observed one minor problem: Skipping forward in the Spotify app works fine, skipping backwards not. It seems that librespot needs two backward skips to go to the song before (one to the beginning of the current song, another one to the song before). The Spotify app needs only one skip backward to go to the song before. So you can bring both out of sync. I never tested this before, but assume it was present in the previous releases as well and it is a problem in the librespot lib.
Thank you for the explanation, This is indeed a bit cumbersome.
Using librespot with the TV off was the original idea, but then some installations had issues with ALSA
librespotd is work in progess: readme.md
Sorry, than I confused the names. I meant the librespot process (in contrast to the library or your addon) running in the background. Does it provide the time information for you to intercept (hooks,events,...), also e.g. for the case someone starts a song somewhere in the middle (spotify app)?
If you get this information it should be possible to update the Kodi GUI.
Ah, installing from zip. I somehow overlooked this feature.
I do not think that the correct displayed time is important, I use librespot mainly with TV off. It would just make the integration more complete,
Does librespotd provide the time information so that you can update the GUI? If e.g. someone presses in the middle of a song?
OK, now it works.
I uninstalled the addon, extract your archive under .kodi/addons, rebooted, activated, configured and Kodi mode works now.
I think now it is the same as gurabIi reported. I see artist, album title. The lyrics is also searched. The time seems to be incorrect.
Thank you awiouy!
her my comments, after a short test.
I seems that the problem on CoreElec with TVHeadend and librespot is solved on my Wetek Play 2. At least I have switched several times between both, switching channels,... Looks good!
The ALSA mode works good now good as well.
The Kodi audio mode has worked in the past better than the ALSA mode, but currently it does not work for me The spotify app on my phone is playing, but I hear nothing, And also see no song info.
There is a problem in CoreElec again.
If librespot is activated, you cannot switch live TV channels (TVHeadend) anymore. The screen is black and TVHeadend seems to be crashed.
TVHeadend is 4.2 9.0.115,
TVHeadend HTSP Client is 126.96.36.199.
It seems to be independent of the audio settings of librespot. It occured as well with ALSA and Kodi audio mode.
In CoreElec 8.90.5 now also the Kodi audio mode works.
In the Kodi audio settings I can switch to ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI.
Then it seems to work, at least during the first tests. Good!
I am not sure what is the difference between the 'ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI' and the 'ALSA: Default (AML-M8AUDIO Analog), PCM' it was set to previously. It is not going over HDMI, only. I still hear it over the optical out and my audio receiver.
I think it looks similar to LE8
Really it was the size. It says maximal size 2MB and I was below that (around 1MB). But reduced it works.
The third screenshot is from the librespot settings. There it shows nothing in Playback devices (also after using the configuration wizard), but I assume this is a minor problem.