Posts by XelNika

I installed Librespot 8.2.111 on LibreELEC 8.2.5 on an RPi3B+. I can connect from my Android phone (Spotify version 8.4.82.664) and start playing, but after a few tracks, it stops. From that point I am unable to reconnect to Librespot from my phone until I reboot LibreELEC.

I have:

set wait for network in LibreELEC settings

left username and password blank

tried Kodi mode

LibreELEC log:

http://ix.io/1vte

journalctl -u service.librespot:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can see it claims that the connection was reset by peer, but I'm not doing anything. I found a related Github issue, but I'm not having this issue with the Volumio plugin which is based on Librespot. I've read a few comments (though I'm not sure they are relevant to this issue) from users who removed PulseAudio to fix Librespot. Is that an option on LibreELEC?

In summary, a LibreELEC device only behaves as a Spotify Connect client while it is not playing a media.

Last time I checked, a PS4 behaves the same: it will not play Spotify while a game is played.

It makes sense when parents and teenagers share such devices ;)

The addon could be updated to switch this behaviour on or off, but I neither have time or a need for it. Contributions are welcome

That has never been true. The PS4 Spotify app launched with support for music during games and still has it.