[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Thanks for the suggestion but I feel the minix, despite the better heat sink, isn’t worth twice the asking if competitors. Always planned to put some thermal past and if necessary. The m96x or the t95z seem to fit the bill though they aren’t as mainstream as MECOOL

• Thanks for the suggestion but I feel the minix, despite the better heat sink, isn’t worth twice the asking if competitors. Always planned to put some thermal past and if necessary. The m96x or the t95z seem to fit the bill though they aren’t as mainstream as MECOOL

You get what you pay for (to some extent) :).

I decided to save myself from spending times on the forum, paying the extra bit on U9. It's worth paying the extra, IMO.

• Question, a friend just gave me his Android OTT TV Box Model: CSA93. Ram: 3GB, ROM: 32GB. "CSA93 Android 6.0 TV Box Amlogic S912 4K"

i want to install LibreElec on it but not sure if it can be done. i didn't see any video's online for it, can someone please confirm. was going to use 1 of these images on a USB Flash:

Index of /s912/8.2/8.2.2.3

but not sure of the proper device tree, think this one:

gxm_q201_3g.dtb

Thanks

• from the link, choose the img.gz file, download & use rufus to burn to a usb drive

then, choose the device tree based on RAM & Ethernet size 1GB or 100MB

then copy the device tree to the usb, renaming it to dtb.img

then using the reset button,boot the usb

if it doesn't work, try another device tree, no need to create the image again.

• question, i noticed one thing. when i go to screen saver and try to download any different option, like the instagram one or the unsplash photo one, downloading via wifi took me about 10 minutes on my others it took seconds. does this mean i have the wrong network file installed? i used this one as i have 3GB gxm_q201_3g.dtb?

Thanks

• i just tried hard wiring my box into my router and it doesn't obtain and ip adress. i made sure under the libreELEC settings i had enable wired and disabled wireless. any ideas?

Thanks

• Hello to everyone !

I have Beelink GT1 with Android OS and Kodi16. It is working OK fit few bugs about DTS-HD MA sound playback.

All other audio codecs like Dolby and DTS are working fine.

I want to try to install libreElec as alternative - dual boot from microSDHC class 10 u1 card.

I will download LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-8.2.2.3.img.gz and gxm_q200_2g.dtb - Gigabit network and 2G of RAM.

I will write to card microSDHC 32GB Class 10 U1.

Just can't understand how to make dual boot. Watching this video and at the end of it, the user is resetting the device.

Is there anyway to make device works with both, for example like grub or some other menu?

Thanks in advance !