Posts by sw4y

I have listened to the community

I will reintroduce installtointernal, I have made upgrading from 8.2 possible with the new kernel

Thank you GDPR-2

I would have gone whatever way you chose, but it‘s a move of great character, to step over one‘s shadow and to support „Features“ you‘re absolutely not satisfied with.

I really really appreciate this - thank you!

Could someone please tell me the relation between remote.conf file and actions in kodi?

I'm using a harmony one plus remote, configured as "minix u9" and a matching remote.conf (I guess).

I'm using kszaq's latest stable build - 8.2.2.3

Some buttons bring up some actions within Kodi, but not always the actions they are supposed to.

How or where can I reassign the buttons?

Some hints on where to start would be appreciated.

Does suspend and wake up work correct on 8.2.2.3?

I enabled suspend in sleep.conf and my Minix U9 goes into standby immediatly (green light on).

After hitting the power button, the blue light turns on, but I get no picture.

Anyone having same issues or even a working setup?

I did some more investigation on the stuttering issues with german progressive tv channels (also the interlaced channels had some juddering - as if fps were missing):

@wrxtasy

When using kszaq's latest stable build (Libreelec 8.2.2.3 (2018-01-06) for S912), everything seems to be ok.

Standard (default) settings in Kodi, hw acceleration turned to "always" for every option.

h264 1280x720 TV channels run fine, hw acceleration & hw deinterlacing is used (playerprocessinfo shows me so) and I have no judders.
    h264 1920x1080i TV channels are also ok, no skipped / dropped frames.

Output is set to 8bit (default).
    When set to 4:4:4 (4:2:2 or 4:2:0) 10 bit, I get the green screen you know and fixed in your build.

When using your optimized build, I get the judders and stuttering I mentioned earlier.

h264 1280x720 TV channels are unwatchable,

1920x1080i channels have slight judders and deinterlacing errors.

I also have a lot of dropped frames.
    Although playerprocessinfo tells me, hw acceleration & hw deinterlacing is used.

Output is default, 8bit.
    When using 10bit output, the green screen issue is gone (you know about that), but hw acceleration & hw deinterlacing also do not work properly.

Can I do more testing or provide you with more information?

Is it a known issue, that progressive tv streams (like in germany ARD HD or ZDF HD) do not work correctly?

I get very heavy stuttering and no audio?

Is it a kernel / hardware decoding issue?

Is there any command via SSH to see the actual output (8bit / 10bit / 12bit)?

It's not that I don't believe my Minix U9 outputs 10 bit - but my TV gives very little info about it and my AVR (that did this before) is 1080p / 8bit only.

So it would be nice to have these infos via SSH.