[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• 8.2-8.1.3 appears to be a step backward compared to 8.0-8.0.2e.

8.1.3 has a temporary video issue. When starting mpeg2 the video starts immediately but then goes black after 1 second. Then, after about 5 seconds, the video comes back and plays normally. Wired ethernet works normally.

Device tree: gxm_q200_2g.dtb

Install via SD card

Beelink GT1

I haven't found a setting or device tree that corrects the issue. Any ideas?

• The framerate switching in the newer kernel is different. If your TV takes a longer time to show the picture after the framerate has changed, you can use the settings to set a delay accordingly.

• You could try jokerzbox retroarch for S905, but I do not know if it will work on S912 with missing drivers:

You can install his repository from here: JoKeRzBoX_LibreELEC_Repo_S905/repository.jokerzbox_libreelec_s905-1.0.0.zip at master · JoKeRzBoX/JoKeRzBoX_LibreELEC_Repo_S905 · GitHub

Awesome!! thanks!!! SNES works almost perfectly! Just no audio = ( I tried change for OSS and ALSA/ALSATHREAD but no lucky

Update - I've changed Audio Device to "hw 0:0" and it worked just fine. = D

Edited 2 times, last by EngineerOfLife (August 15, 2017 at 2:05 AM).

• I tried to scan my rom games using Retroarch but my screen get freezed. (I can play them, it is just to be fine to search them)

And I can't find one way to play my rom game that are in my local network using SMB. Is there any way?

Also Emulation Station doesn't run. Do you know if someone tried to portable it for s905/s912?

• aren't the linux drivers available here:

Mali Drivers | Open Source Mali Bifrost GPU Kernel Drivers – Arm Developer

or is it something else that is required? i'm not familiar with the technical requirements, just slowly getting into it and excited by the idea of libreelec on s912 hardware.

edit: been reading more and it seems there is more needed directly from amlogic. could anyone point me to something i can read that shows what exactly is needed, and how the drivers on that link aren't whats needed?

Edited once, last by triplehelix (August 17, 2017 at 11:39 PM).

• urghh..

edit: been reading more and it seems there is more needed directly from amlogic. could anyone point me to something i can read that shows what exactly is needed, and how the drivers on that link aren't whats needed?

If you have to ask how ARM video licensing works (technically) there is no chance of you making a positive and insightful contribution to the "what's needed" debate. So I will summarise the problem and options (again):

Problem: The open-source drivers require a closed-source blob provided by ARM that is tethered to an unknown combination of hardware identifiers specific to its IP licensee (Amlogic). Options are:

a) Amlogic opens their chequebook and licenses the closed-source libmail.so library from ARM. This is not cheap. In Chinese culture it is impolite to say no, which is probably why the CTO of Amlogic smiled nicely, didn't say no, and also didn't provide any affirmative answers when I explicitly asked about plans to license S912 fbdev drivers in a face-to-face meeting earlier this year.

b) ARM suddenly develops a sense of philanthropy and gives us a free universal libmali.so driver to use; thus breaking the entire ARM licensing business model. I'm an optimist, but I also have a tiny suspicion it's not going to happen.

c) Reverse engineering of libmali.so allows us to defeat the licensing system used by ARM and hack a works-on-all library. It's not theoretically impossible and we already poked sticks at things. Despite being an optimist I suspect the $billion-dollar ARM licensing machine knows more about protecting its IP from reverse engineering than we know about reverse engineering.

d) The fully open-source "lima" driver manages to advance a decade in code maturity and provides a viable alternative driver. Considering the lima project is basically dead for the last two years; this is something I'm not optimistic about.

d) The fully open-source "lima" driver manages to advance a decade in code maturity and provides a viable alternative driver. Considering the lima project is basically dead for the last two years; this is something I'm not optimistic about.

It could be a successful crowdfunding project if someone dares to dive in. There is a lot of people being unhappy with closed nature of Mali drivers.

Edited once, last by chelobaka (August 18, 2017 at 12:03 PM).

• It could be a successful crowdfunding project if someone dares to dive in. There is a lot of people being unhappy with closed nature of Mali drivers.

The majority of people who are unhappy have no useful skills for the task. The people with useful skills for the task typically have no knowledge of ARM Mali internals and thus aren't likely to succeed at the task; which makes it an unattractive challenge. The people with useful knowledge of Mali internals are all ARM employees who signed NDA's that result in dismissal for gross misconduct if they share anything. It all sounds like a right negative whinge (and it is) but finding people who are prepared to invest the time/effort in this stuff is hard; hence the lima project ran aground some time ago.