[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Lima woke from slumber about 4-5 months ago and started showing progress and we've been engaged with Yuq since - the video you've posted was created this morning by LibreELEC team member koenkooi and an equivalent LE image is my task this evening. We've also been engaged with the panfrost developers for some time and recently persuaded a couple of them to accept S912 boards so development can be done on a modern mainline kernel instead of Chromebooks that require an ageing Rockchip 4.4 codebase. We are being our usual helpful and supportive selves and Kodi support is seen as a worthwhile panfrost objective. I'm confident panfrost will be the missing piece of the long-term jigsaw puzzle we need for S912 support, but things are still at an early stage and it will be some time before panfrost code is in a mature state that's sensible to use (we did get it to show bits of the Kodi GUI tho!). I'd guess another six months is needed - the midgard/bifrost chips are mind-bogglingly more complicated (and completely different) compared to the older utgdard chips.

Thank you for a detailed reply, chewitt! Can you comment on the state of Maxime Jourdan's work on Amlogic video codec? Can we expect fullfledged open source video decoder for modern formats like HEVC 10-bit in not so distant future? I'm sorry to bother you, but this information is really scarce on the Internet.

• Maxime and I did a mountain of testing since ~June so the 8-bit side of his code is in great shape, but there are still milestones to achieve. The DRM driver that underpins everything is missing 10-bit capabilities so we're unable to fully test the HEVC parser code in the vdec and Maxime is still working on seeking (which is more about Kodi and ffmpeg than his vdec). There is currently no hardware deinterlace code (only software which is watchable but not brilliant) and we still need to persuade that and VP9 support into existence. On the positive, we have HDMI 1.4 (up to 4k30) working - although only for 2GB+ boards as Amlogic's alternative to AFBC isn't supported in the DRM driver yet so we're using too much RAM. The mainline kernel is also missing HDR support, but based on recent email exchanges with Intel staff we'll see some movement on that soon and we'll be able to hook into the same kernel frameworks. Kodi is also seeing some love in that area so at some point between K18 and K19 you'll be able to watch an HDR movie without having to force the colourspace and other dumb crap that doesn't work in older 3.14 kernel releases. We're also missing multi-channel audio support but the same Synopsys audio IP is used in a broad ranges of Amlogic, Allwinner and Rockchip hardware so there's a plan to pool efforts and collectively solve that at some point.

So right now if you only want 1080p or 4k 8-bit video + stereo audio it's pretty stable and usable. I'm not planning to start major public testing until after 9.0 ships and a few more pieces of the jigsaw come together - largely because I don't have the bandwidth for needy users and the support work that releases entail. I'm not sure if we'll jump to using lima immediately - it's not perfect yet (as that video shows) but that will come with time and love. NB: There's also been recent progress on the lowest-level boot code (ATF etc.) which is the final layer of closed-source Amlogic code to tackle. If that work completes it's indeed plausible that 2019 might see GXBB/GXL boards running a 100% open stack, which would be awesome and frankly rather amazing considering where things were a year ago.

• Nope. The mali T820 GPU in the S912 is has a completely different architecture to the mali M450. Another project (panfrost) is working on support but that is some way off yet. We've managed to render bits of the Kodi GUI with panfrost, but not all of the bits simultaneously :)

• In 8.1.7 you can enable suspend/sleep mode manually:

1. Go to \\Configfiles\sleep.conf.d (in Windows) or /storage/.config/sleep.conf.d (over SSH).
    2. Rename sleep.conf.sample to sleep.conf
    3. Open sleep.conf and remove this line: SuspendMode=false
    4. Reboot, enjoy.

Does this still work?

• Hello colleagues.

Is there a ready-made Kodi image with uploaded repositories and all add-ons like: movies, music, weather, IPTV, netflix, subtitles and other necessary to view videos somewhere? If someone has such a ready image to be able to upload eg. For a micro SD 16 GB or 32 GB card, please send me a link.

I will use the mentioned program on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B +.

• Hello colleagues.

Is there a ready-made Kodi image with uploaded repositories and all add-ons like: movies, music, weather, IPTV, netflix, subtitles and other necessary to view videos somewhere? If someone has such a ready image to be able to upload eg. For a micro SD 16 GB or 32 GB card, please send me a link.

I will use the mentioned program on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B +.

you ARE a beginner, because otherwise you would know talking about builds etc is not allowed. Kodi, is for viewing your legally owned videos.

• I am trying to set this up as well, followed above but as you can see in the picture the reboot and reboot from internal are mushed together. So it will only reboot.

Can you help me space it so it is separated?

Much Appreciated.

• Newbie here ... I really dont understand very well what I have to do with tree device. My TX8 Amlogic S912 Android 6 boot well but I do not have Lan (WiFi is OK) and if I try to put any tree in my USB partition from windows it do not see my USB partition nor android and I dont know wich one I have to deal with for TX8 ... Any help will be welcome1

EDIT : I tried few tree and finally gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb work very good for my TX8 S912 Android 6 4/32 box with 8.2.4 LibreElec from wrxtasy but I dont know if there are fresh update I know I tried 9.02 Le Potato and my box do not boot

Edited 3 times, last by mikele (June 17, 2019 at 5:36 PM).

• Newbie here ... I really dont understand very well what I have to do with tree device. My TX8 Amlogic S912 Android 6 boot well but I do not have Lan (WiFi is OK) and if I try to put any tree in my USB partition from windows it do not see my USB partition nor android and I dont know wich one I have to deal with for TX8 ... Any help will be welcome1

EDIT : I tried few tree and finally gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb work very good for my TX8 S912 Android 6 4/32 box with 8.2.4 LibreElec from wrxtasy but I dont know if there are fresh update I know I tried 9.02 Le Potato and my box do not boot

Try CE