[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Hi,

This actually began as a question but I solved it so I just have a thought which might be harder to answer since it is about my LG Magic Remote.

Anyway my problem was this:

Code
    21:20:54.054 T:3666854752   ERROR: Failed to open(//Movies/mymoviesfolder/) opendir call failed with "NFS: READDIRPLUS of /Movies/mymoviesfolder failed with NFS3ERR_ACCES(-13)"

So on my NAS (Asustor AS5004-T) I have the following:

• Enabled NFS (ofc)
    • Access Control > Shared Folders > selected folder "Media" and then "Access Rights"
    • Folders - Access Rights: User "khadas" with R/W
    • NFS Privileges:
      Client Address: My Khadas VIM2 internal IP
      Privilege: Read & Write
      root mapping: khadas (1000) root (0)
      Asynchronous: Yes
      Allow connections from non-reservered ports (greater then 1024): Yes

I solved it by changing the root mapping of the NFS-settings of my share on my NAS from "khadas (1000)" to "root (0)".
    I tried looking through this: NFS - Official Kodi Wiki
    But IMHO it wasn't clear that the user and uid Kodi was running under was "root" and "0".
    I guess I've always could SSH into Kodi and run "id" but then I connect using "root" in order to SSH so I guess "id" will only return the id of the user I am currently logged in as, which in "root"s case is:

Code
    uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

###############

Anyway now to my question:
    Is it possible to use the LG Magic Remote's mouse-function (i.e. cursor) to enter menus and control Kodi?
    It works via HDMI-CEC so up/down/left/right, enter, back works but thinking about the cursor you can use to navigate and control the LG webOS and the apps (Netflix etc.). Perhaps this is only for apps that are coded to support it and run in LGs webOS?

• For people that have the M8s Pro l box with libreeelc installed to SD card.

When you reboot or cold boot, does it boot back to libreelec, or do you have to boot android and do the update trick to get back to libreelec?

• as an aside, you can install reboot to libreelec on Android. details?id=me.thomastv.rebootupdate&hl=en_GB

This is a nice app in Android, but if you are in LibreElec the only way to come back in Android again is:

-Shutdown LibreElec

-Mainpower off

-SD card eject half out

-Mainpower on again

-Then it boots to Android again

If you want to use that nice app in Android again you need to insert the SD card first again.

This are many handlings.

My question: is there a same app (addon) for LibreElec for booting to Android again:)

A bootloader everytime you start up with the choice LibreElec/Android would be even more perfect.

I have H96 Pro+

• That´s wrong.

Power menue in LE allows to boot android

• That´s wrong.

Power menue in LE allows to boot android

I think, that is only for the default skin, Estuary. (I might be wrong)

I did write a guide for the Titan skin, to add an extra button in the power options menu, to reboot to Android

I'll have a look for it later, unless someone else can post a link

Found it.

This will vary from skin to skin. I use Titan for krypton beta

Skin Settings, Configure shortcuts, Customize power menu, Add, Change Action, Custom item, then type in System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")

Then set label, call it whatever, reboot to nand, reboot to internal, Reboot to Android.

Set Thumbnail, & select an icon or whatever you want.

Hopefully that is correct, I did find it was slow to reboot. So give it time

• Thank you Tim,

I always use the confluance skin and the only options I have now is: "Shutdown" - "Timer" - "Reboot"

I will gonna try it:)

Update: sorry, I can't find these locations:|

Edited once, last by johnberg (November 4, 2017 at 4:59 PM).

• You can modify every skin - my way was editing .xml file in skin folder

Hi Tim,

Can you give me a clear work around to edit the .xml file.

Which tool do I have to use: WinSCP or Putty??

I am not a linux expert so please use donkey language.

I am using the confluance skin now (just like this) and would be very happy if I could add a button to boot back to Android in the power menu.

• Hi Tim,

Which tool do have to use: WinSCP or Putty??

I am using the confluance skin now (just like this) and would be very happy if I could add a button to boot back to Android in the power menu.

I would use, coreftp lite, to download the file, then edit it using notepad++++++++++

But, I don't know what to put in the file.

• Hi Tim,

I have to look ... don´t remember in my mind.

The tool I used is the vi editor - connected via ssh from Linux shell(I don´t use windows tool to configure LE)

• Hi Tim,

Hi johnberg

Heres how to add the reboot to internal button.

1. Winscp into your box.

2. Navigate to confluence folder. Think its in .kodi/addons/confluence/720p/

3. Double click the DialogButtonMenu.xml file

4. Search for the words reboot button you should see code similiar to following

5. Under that paste the following to add the button.

6. Switch to a different skin and switch back to confluence to refresh skin (or you can reboot box). Press letter s on your keyboard to bring up the power menu. Hopefully Reboot to internal option should be listed. It may take a few seconds after you click it for the box to reboot into android.

Let me know if this works for you :)

Edited once, last by the_bo (November 4, 2017 at 7:48 PM).

• Thank you The-Bo,

That's clear language!

Tomorrow gonna try it and let you know:shy:

Could not wait to try it8)

After a long time or searching to the location ( hidden?) found the DialogButtonMenu.xml file and edited it.

Wow, it is listed in the shutdown menu of the confluance skin: "Reboot from internal"

but.......I can't select it with the remote from CEC. Oh what a pity.

Then I switched back to the Estuary skin and then I could select it and it works!!!

Stupid, but I can't exactly remember if this option was there before my editing in the Estuary.

I think so but I don't know 100% (bad memory)

From the Confluance I only see it but can't select it;(

But OK, I made a lot of progres, don't need to eject the SD card anymore.

Happy, but not 100% because I wanna get it work from the Confluance skin.

I did the text editing just with copy/paste in WinSCP and then tried to make the alignement the same by using space/back, I hope I did it well.

I did paste the complete text under "5"

Now the big question: How to get it work from the Confluance skin.

Then it is absolute perfect in combination with the Android app to boot back to LE.

Simply said: don't need to stand up anymore from my lazy chair:P

BTW: If boot back from Android to LE (with the app) no blue light anymore on the H96 Pro+ but OK can live with that.

Edited 6 times, last by johnberg (November 5, 2017 at 12:35 PM).

• You have to replace nr. 1. <control type="button">

1. should be <control type="button" id="15">

Summary(my way):

#ssh to the box

ssh root@<ip-address>

vi /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml

# use cursor down key to go to an entry like <control type="button" id="nn">

# entry ends with </control>

# use cursor down to go one position under </control>

press i key

copy/paste

press esc key then :wq (save and exit)

Change skin described by the_bo in 6.

6. Switch to a different skin and switch back to confluence to refresh skin (or you can reboot box). Press letter s on your keyboard to bring up the power menu.

:) You can select "Reboot to Internal" in shutdown menue using confluence skin

• Hi.

Provided that in the OP it is said that:

• resolution switching - only 1920x1080 and 4K is working (frame rate switching works)

Would this LE build work with an old 720p HD Ready TV? I would play 720p and 1080p content with it.

Thanks for your great effort! :)

• Thank you very much Tim and the_Bo:)

Adding that id="15" to button was the final step and now it is working perfect!

I did use WinSCP and did login as root - libreelec

When I boot back from Android to LibreElec no blue light on my H96 Pro anymore, but as I said I can live with that.

I can now ful enjoy my box, but it wil mostly stay in LibreElec I think:love: