Posts by TheSwede86

Hi,

This actually began as a question but I solved it so I just have a thought which might be harder to answer since it is about my LG Magic Remote.

Anyway my problem was this:

Code
    21:20:54.054 T:3666854752   ERROR: Failed to open(//Movies/mymoviesfolder/) opendir call failed with "NFS: READDIRPLUS of /Movies/mymoviesfolder failed with NFS3ERR_ACCES(-13)"

So on my NAS (Asustor AS5004-T) I have the following:

• Enabled NFS (ofc)
    • Access Control > Shared Folders > selected folder "Media" and then "Access Rights"
    • Folders - Access Rights: User "khadas" with R/W
    • NFS Privileges:
      Client Address: My Khadas VIM2 internal IP
      Privilege: Read & Write
      root mapping: khadas (1000) root (0)
      Asynchronous: Yes
      Allow connections from non-reservered ports (greater then 1024): Yes

I solved it by changing the root mapping of the NFS-settings of my share on my NAS from "khadas (1000)" to "root (0)".
    I tried looking through this: NFS - Official Kodi Wiki
    But IMHO it wasn't clear that the user and uid Kodi was running under was "root" and "0".
    I guess I've always could SSH into Kodi and run "id" but then I connect using "root" in order to SSH so I guess "id" will only return the id of the user I am currently logged in as, which in "root"s case is:

Code
    uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

###############

Anyway now to my question:
    Is it possible to use the LG Magic Remote's mouse-function (i.e. cursor) to enter menus and control Kodi?
    It works via HDMI-CEC so up/down/left/right, enter, back works but thinking about the cursor you can use to navigate and control the LG webOS and the apps (Netflix etc.). Perhaps this is only for apps that are coded to support it and run in LGs webOS?

In the ARM license model the SoC vendor licenses features for their devices and ARM provides a driver (or drivers) built specifically for that silicon manufacturer. So the ARM provided driver for Mali T820/830 chip in the Amlogic S912 boxes only works on Amlogic boxes.

Ah OK thanks for the clarification.

So one would need to petition ARM to release the drivers as OpenSource for all manufacturers i.e. Amlogic S912, MediaTek MT6750 and so on.
    Guess that is too much work for them (ARM) :(

Edit: Congrats btw on 1800 posts! :)

The number of users with an S912 device is statistically insignificant as a percentage of our total userbase and our entire userbase (including all the pi users, NUC users, etc.) is statistically insignificant against the number of "Kodi on Android" devices with an S912 chip that work fine. The sum of money involved to license all S912 chips produced is non-trivial so I don't see a compelling business case that would suddenly make Amlogic have a change of heart. You're welcome to do something if you want, but in the grand scheme of things I don't see this helping.

Thanks for your reply.

Just so I understand this correctly;

ARM develops the chips (i.e. the ARM Cortex-A53 CPU and ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU) which then partners such as Amlogic, MediaTek, Rockchip etc. release as SoC's such as the S912 for Amlogic which manufacturers such as Khadas package into "development boards"?

If that is the case then releasing the Mali drivers as Open Source instead of proprietary drivers would not just affect Amlogic's S912 but all chipsets using Mali GPUs and therefore have a much wider appeal then just users which have bought a product based on Amlogic's SoC?

Model: Khadas VIM2 Pro v. 1.2

Device tree: gxm_q200_3g.dtb

Image: LibreELEC-s912.arm-8.2-8.1.10.img.gz from here:

[8.1.10] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

Running from: mSDHC-card
    Kodi: 7.5-RC1

Hi!

I read this post:

LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.1.2 BETA – LibreELEC

and tried forcing the SMB version via LibreELEC to all options (i.e. 1,2 and 3) and I can successfully add the share using "Add network location" and my user/pass and I am able to browse into it but when I press to add it I get either "Error 2: share not available" or "File exists".

My NAS is serving the SMB-share and is set to:
    Max SMB version: v3
    Local Master Browsing: Enabled

I am able to map the share using either WIn10 och Ubuntu 16.04 and user/pass.

I'm adding the server adress as such:
    smb://<NASip>/folder/subfolder/

What I am wondering is if the user and pass for the server is obfuscated in the logs (i.e. it does not write out the actual username and password, for example test:test) or if it actually tries to connecting using USERNAME:PASSWORD which ofc isn't my credentials.

Code
    20:14:15.673 T:4101373952   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(smb://USERNAME:[email protected]/media/movies/) failed

The whole kodi.log can be viewed here:
    kodi.log - Pastebin.com

Help would be much appreciated / TheSwede86

Oh and chetwitt

No. Never. Amlogic has no commercial interest in paying a large amount of $$$ to appease the small number of Linux users hacking their Android product. It sucks for us, but if I were them I'd probably make the same business decision so I don't blame them.

You don't think an online petition would help?
    I mean it seems to be in all the Linux boxes (well actually don't know about that, I'm pretty new to this party but listed here seems to be quite much devices having the Mali GPU:
    Mali (GPU) - Wikipedia

There are many sites like iPetition or whatever but perhaps there is a better platform regarding technical petitions?
    I would be happy to create it and try and draw up followers from forums if someone could help me formulate something better then:

We would like to see ARM release the drivers for Mali (their GPU) under Open Source to be able to better utilize SoC's that contain it.
    Doing this would allow for better projects and more usefulness for the many boards that contain ARM-circuits.