remote.conf repository

• It´s the Linux path connected to the box

Your picture shows smb shares

/storage/.config is mapped to smb \\<ipfrombox\Configfiles

I recommend ssh connection and edit remote.conf with Linux editor vi or nano

I thought it was just a matter of downloading someone elses remote file and copying it over.

Is there a step by step guide anywhere to do that? No interested in editing my own. Thanks

• Am trying to copy a remote.conf in my system/etc folder on my M8S Pro L box but I get the "System is read only error"

Is this the correct command to use?

su

mount -o rw,remount /dev/root

Don't wanna screw anything up.

• Am trying to copy a remote.conf in my system/etc folder on my M8S Pro L box but I get the "System is read only error"

Is this the correct command to use?

su

mount -o rw,remount /dev/root

No ! (/dev/root is no mounted partition)

Copy the remote.conf file to /storage/.config folder

Other option:

Copy remote.conf to /flash - in this case You have to remount first -> mount -n -o remount,rw /flash

• please help

which one here the factory my code?

• there have been users on this forum ( zed85 ) claiming they don't experience the same issue, which is why I believe there has to be a solution that does not include trashing the whole thing

I'm running 8.2.2.3 from SD card on H96 Pro Plus. Using the remote.conf I posted before. No troubles with powering up or shutting down the device.

• Can you power on the box with the remotes? I have the same box and remotes, but I can not power on the box.

I also want the power button of the mx3 remote to do nothing, because sometimes my son press that button by accident and than the box powers off. I have tried everything but maybe it is just not possible...

Yes powering on and shutting down works. Running 8.2.2.3 from SD card.

• got someone a "Rii MX3" Remote working on a S905 Box?

Some Buttons are not recognized and i would map them for EPG or something...

Edited 2 times, last by Pony (February 2, 2018 at 6:37 AM).

• hello

my remote control for amlogic s912 mecool km8p does not work either, I copied the file remote.conf of the official firmware in /storage/.conf but does not work someone has a solution please

• thanks but i have a message that says "can not open / dev / aremote" when i'm doing 'remotecfg remote.conf' and then i do not have the wrong code message when i do 'dmesg -c'