Posts by Elecer10

Which box would you choose betwwen the M8S Pro L Mecool M8S PRO Amlogic S912 3GB DDR4 RAM 32GB ROM 5.0G WIFI TV Box Sale - Banggood.com

and M8S Pro MECOOL M8S PRO L Amlogic S912 3GB DDR3 16GB 5G WIFI 100M LAN Bluetooth 4.1 TV Box Sale - Banggood.com ?

The only difference am seeing is DDR4 and +16GB more storage on the Pro for 15Euros more.

On the other hand the Pro L looks like it has more support and development on freaktab.

I don't.

Sorry for bothering you with this but am breaking my head to find a sturdy libreelec box to replace my RPi 2 since its annoying that it doesnt do h265 and have to unplug and replug the power cable everytime.

Can I switch on and off(or maybe sleep and wake?) a box like Mecool M8S Pro L with an airmouse like the Minix A2 lite since the box doesnt have a hardware power button? Or do I need a box like the BB2 Pro? Do 905 boxes do this?

Thanks a lot.

Hello everyone, I ve been busting my head for a whole month trying to find a suitable box to replace my RPi 2 that can't handle x265.

I need a box that:

1. Can handle 1080p x265 without stuttering
    2. Can be turned off and on with the remote without having to unplug and replug the power cable like the RPi(Already own a wireless remote like the Rii ones)
    3. Can handle libreelec
    4. An ethernet port
    5. I love the idea of the fancy digital clock but I guess its pretty rare in good boxes like MECOOL ones?
    6. L1 Widevine. I guess from all amlogic boxes only Mecool one's have this. Currently not watching netflix but might in the future.
    7. Not looking to spent a fortune here but also want something that will last
    8. Something M8S Pro+, BB2 Pro, Pro L? Vorke Z6 plus, Tanix TX9 PRO? Sunveil T95Z?
    9. Whats the difference between the BB2 Pro and the Pro L?

Thanks a lot.

Could someone help out here?

Hello everyone, I ve been busting my head for a whole month trying to find a suitable box to replace my RPi 2 that can't handle x265.

I need a box that:

1. Can handle 1080p x265 without stuttering
    2. Can be turned off and on with the remote without having to unplug and replug the power cable like the RPi(Already own a wireless remote like the Rii ones)
    3. Can handle libreelec
    4. An ethernet port
    5. I love the idea of the fancy digital clock but I guess its pretty rare in good boxes like MECOOL ones?
    6. L1 Widevine. I guess from all amlogic boxes only Mecool one's have this. Currently not watching netflix but might in the future.
    7. Not looking to spent a fortune here but also want something that will last
    8. Something M8S Pro+, BB2 Pro, Pro L? Vorke Z6 plus, Tanix TX9 PRO? Sunveil T95Z?
    9. Whats the difference between the BB2 Pro and the Pro L?

Thanks a lot.

Hello everyone, quite a long time user of Libreelec here.

I ve been running LE on two Raspberry Pis 2 for almost a year now and I get the idea that Rpi 2 is not up to the task anyomre. It feels really sluggish in menus and stuff. Am looking to replace the Rpi for me and my parents with a TV Box.

I want 100% CEC support in the box though as it will be a hassle for my parents using 3 different remotes.

Both are gonna be connected with Ethernet but Gigabit is not really that important I guess.

I ve did my studying and am currently torn between MECOOL M8S PRO Plus(41euros) and TX3 Mini(28euros).

Will this get me a better overall experience in LE's responsivness?

As I realize both of these wifis are crappy? M8s doesn't even have one?

Also, can these boxes be turned through the CEC and/or their own remotes or do they always have to be on and not powered off? Thats a thing I have in Rpi, having to unplug and replug the power adapter each time I have to use it.

Any other suggestions?

Much appreciated.