[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Here's a new build I did based on kszaq's source after downgrading from LE8 due to 10 bit color (krypton cuts 10 bit color down to 8 bit initially resulting in some noticeable banding with 10 bit sources and other issues).

This is using the current kernel and LE8 changes (up to 8.0.1h + 1 commit) of kszaq's merged into his LE7 branch, including the "always render gui," drain, and audio patches.

This also includes the patch for 2160p 4:4:4 support, so if you've run LE8 prior to 8.0.1h and had 2160p issues with the patch in place, it isn't for you. I can't replicate the reported issues and need this patch for some of my uses, so kept it in.

LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20170424235814-r23789-gc49f56a.tar | openload

This is the best picture quality my box has ever had (Krypton definitely has some downfalls for these amlogic devices). Thank you kszaq!

Unfortunately this build generates micro stutters.
    Overall picture quality is indeed better but also quite dark.
    There are also problems with applying latency audio delay in advancedsettings.xml (the same problem as in all Krypton builds).
    This means that files which have been imported from Krypton to Jarvis are causing this problem.

7.0.3.012i
    use standard advancedsettings.xml from LE (includes 175ms audio delay for ~24fps videos)

Was this removed in j? Because running j, I don't appear to have an advancedsettings.xml file.

• Was this removed in j? Because running j, I don't appear to have an advancedsettings.xml file.

I'm obsessed about sync. Any audio delay is unacceptable :)
    If your videos are out of sync you need to create advancedsettings.xml or download the one below and paste it to Userdata folder and reboot your box.
    Audio delay in file video settings must be set to 0.

advancedsettings.xml

Edited once, last by yatoya (April 27, 2017 at 10:33 PM).

• LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20170424235814-r23789-gc49f56a.tar | openload

This is the best picture quality my box has ever had (Krypton definitely has some downfalls for these amlogic devices). Thank you kszaq!

yeah, picture quality is best here!...but my power button don't work anymore...looks like it's missing some permisson on the energy saver part/module...i can't even set "suspend, power off" in energy saver settings...it's disabled...anyone else got this?

• Where is all of the nand install files. Thank you

Installing to internal memory (not recommended, risky)
    [hr]
    Run from SD card/USB drive first. If it runs fine, connect to your box over SSH, execute

Code
    installtointernal

command and follow on-screen instructions. This command wipes SYSTEM and DATA partition! #1

• yatoya instead of modifying the refresh parameters, you can run a simpler advancedsettings.xml with min/max (to catch fractional refresh rates) like so: hAaT

Does it make any difference?
    I've been using it as well but didn't see any difference.
    What exactly are fractional refresh rates?
    [hr]

after more testing, I don't get a single skip frame (visually, and using 'CodecInfo) and power control works fine on my M8S II :)

LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20170424235814-r23789-gc49f56a

I get a lot of skipped frames on my TX5 Pro. CodecInfo doesn't show anything but they are noticable visually.

Edited once, last by yatoya (April 29, 2017 at 9:31 AM).

• Hi

after more testing, I don't get a single skip frame (visually, and using 'CodecInfo) and power control works fine on my M8S II :)

This is my new daily driver, thanks for this build !

Same result on Minix Neo U1, no frame skipping, only one file doesn't work properly, VC-1/29,97 mkv. Very usefull build for daily use. Thanks blinkmxq, kszaq!

• Does it make any difference?
    I've been using it as well but didn't see any difference.
    What exactly are fractional refresh rates?
    [hr]

LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20170424235814-r23789-gc49f56a

I get a lot of skipped frames on my TX5 Pro. CodecInfo doesn't show anything but they are noticable visually.

Making a guess here without looking at the code: if your TV supports a fractional refresh (For instance ~23.976hz), but you're manually overriding it as 24hz, this might cause stutters. The new automated framerate implementation of kszaq supports fractional refresh rates properly unlike before.

Making a guess here without looking at the code: if your TV supports a fractional refresh (For instance ~23.976hz), but you're manually overriding it as 24hz, this might cause stutters. The new automated framerate implementation of kszaq supports fractional refresh rates properly unlike before.

I have no idea if my TV supports fractional refresh rates. I don't think so. It's an old Panasonic plasma TV.
    I cannot recall which build of Krypton did start those stutters.
    I will check that again and send a log in a few days.

• Does anyone know what is missing to fix" the some Live TV channel can experience frame jumps " and if is already solved in LE8?

Thanks

I can't test, but you could try the build above yours to see if it fixes the issue without doing a full LE8 upgrade. In the LE8 thread, many users have complained about slow channel switching being a krypton bug, so if the frame jumps have been fixed by kszaq on device side of things, this could end up being a decent compromise.

As a non-live tv user, the only reason I'm still staying on Jarvis and doing those hybrid builds is because of the overall 2160p picture quality and 10 bit output support of Jarvis that's lacking in Krypton, Leia, and kodi-agile currently.

Edited once, last by johngalt (April 30, 2017 at 10:00 PM).