[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Ive been trying to install LibreElec onto my nexbox 2g/16G box with SD card installation

I think I install it on NAND .Now mybox is failing with following error:

"
    NEVER TOUCH boot= in extlinux.conf / cmdline.txt
    If don't know what you are doing.
    your installation is now broken.

Normal startup in 60s..

AFTER that it stops with the following error.

failed to start load kernel models

I tried go recovery mode to install stock firmware but no sucsees.

How can I install to stock firmware back ?

Can anyone help me ?

• Well that sucks.....love LibreElec and kszaq rules!! Long live mighty Kszaq!! lol .... my way of saying thanks. I will suck it up and leave on android ... hopefully down the road can flip it to LibreElec.

Just buy a 5 euro wifi usb Adapter with 8192 Realtek chip. Works fine with LibreELEC

• Hello. Can't get TrueHD passthrough to work with Beelink MiniMX II (S905X). Passthrough and TruHD capable receiver is ON. Receiver is Pioneer 919 (work with NUC for TruHD just fine). When i play movie with TrueHD receiver do not shows TruHD and do not play any sound. Can you help me to get it work ? Thanx.

• Hi Kszaq,

I'm running [7.0.3.012j] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X on my S905 devices right now.
    Do you advice to step over to 8.0.0e right now? I don't think the mentioned issues in post #1 are a problem for me.

Thank you!

I would not do it (again). I changed up last week and find
    Libreelec 8 way inferior to 7.

It is slower and unstable. With Jarvis I had no crashes and
    buffering problems and the response time was brilliant.

With Krypton that all went bad, I think. It is still usable, of
    course, but stability and speed in Jarvis is unmatched. Also,
    simply moving forward/backward in a movie file is smooth,
    while it is a stuttering and buffering issue in Kodi 17.

Unfortunately, I cannot go back without doing a new installation,
    which is just too much work again. If I consider to buy another
    box, I will use Jarvis for now.

Edited once, last by sYCO (March 15, 2017 at 7:54 AM).

• Do you advice to step over to 8.0.0e right now?
    I don't think the mentioned issues in post #1 are a problem for me.

If you have no problems with 7.0.3.012j, then absolutely.
    Make a backup first, so that if you do find any issues then you can re-install 7.0.3.012j and then restore

I changed up last week and find Libreelec 8 way inferior to 7.

That really is a matter of opinion.

With Jarvis I had no crashes and buffering problems and the response time was brilliant.

With Krypton I've had no crashes or buffering problems and the response time doesn't seem any different to any other build. I guess conclusions would depend on individual hardware setup and usage.

Unfortunately, I cannot go back without doing a new installation, which is just too much work again.

I suppose it's pretty obvious to you now, but it's best to backup before trying any major version update

Edited once, last by Poida (March 15, 2017 at 10:51 AM).

• Agree about Krypton. I find Jarvis much smoother and more responsive. The only reason I'll upgrade to Krypton is if a new killer skin came out that was only available on Krypton or later.

I think Krypton is getting better, but I can't see any major advantages in going there.

Does anybody know of any significant upgrades in Krypton over Jarvis? I find that memory & CPU usage is the same or lower in Jarvis.

• Now I have my new Beeling MXIII II S905X box I have to say that after intiial tests with it, and now running LE7 withthe 012j version I am impressed with the performance. So I do like the Beeling S905X box it runs very fast and seems impressive.

A couple of things I do not like though that is IMHO not as good as on the other box I have the MXQ M12CX S905X. Firstly and a minor gripe is that the reset hole in the base is way too small as it won't accomodate even a normal wooden toothpick and that means I have to use a metal pin or needle and I hate poking any metal objects into the box as you never know whether it will short and damage the box without knowing the layout inside. Secondly and more importantly, I do not like that it does not have an external WiFi antenna as internal antennas are usually far less receptive and can and do often lower the WiFi sensitivity considerably. Have not put this to the test yet though, as my box is only a small single room away from the Router so is not a decent test on that score with such a strong signal there. My bedroom TV is broken at the moment waiting for the Samsung repair team to come and fit a new 40" screen to it hopefully on Monday, and then I can test this box's WiFi to this more distant point and compare performance to my MXQ M12CX S905x box with it's external antenna.

Trying to finish off a really useful remote.conf file whch I have built from scratch for this Beelink box and it works excelletnly on testing and has the redundant mouse button very usefully mapped for single press Play/Pause function. All woirks except for the power button for which I cannot get the scancode as the box of course switches off before I can run the "dmesg -c" SSH command and read it off. So if anyone knows the scancode, or more precisely with this box the "Remote: Press ircode" , then I cannot map that to the 116 KODI shutdown command. Once I have this missing Press ircode value than I will have a great simple minimalistic remote.conf file which I will post in the remote repository here. My tests with it shows it functions flawlessly with full repeat function too, that is all except this simple bloody power button mapping !!!!! Anyone can help with this it will be much appreicated..

Cheers
    RayW

• Regarding the wifi I have done tests and it is great.

5 G through 2 floors only drops 10 mbit/s
    My NEXBOX A5 drops 20 mbit/s

2.4 was good as well.
    Really great box for wifi.

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 18, 2017 at 8:08 AM).

• Well firstly I really much prefer not to have to install a terminal app in Android as I quickly want to clear Android out of my new boxes as I really detest Android bloatware and want as littel to do with it as possible whereas I love Linux based LE. So will persevere much easier with the small reset hole and find a thin enough plastic needle for the job. Thanks for the input though.

As to remote conf files well yes I know about the remote repository here but the remote.conf file that my friend Kodiuser1 posted for the Beelink leaves a lot to be desired and it is a mess with muliple edits leaving several different mappings settings mostly wrong or unneeded and all still active. Only the last set of mapping in the end actually counts and this does work. It has some bad limitations too like the repeat function does not work at all and the mouse key is still active meaning an accidental press leaves your remote navigation keys not working until you press remote again. That is why I decided to write a new suitable remote.conf file from scratch and which I promise you will like a lot once I can get this Remote: Press ircode for the power button to map the 116 shutdown code to it. This new remote.conf I am trying to complete as I said enables properly the repeat function and maps the redundant mouse button to an easy and useful single press KODI Play/Pause command.

Cheers
    RayW

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 18, 2017 at 8:09 AM).

• Cheers
    RayW

Hey Ray and others please see screenshot of how to reply and only quote RELEVANT part of the subject you are replying to.
    It is getting way out of control with members quoting the whole posting and then re quoting again and again.
    Pages are increasing with the same full quotes everywhere.

• Hey Ray and others please see screenshot of how to reply and only quote RELEVANT part of the subject you are replying to.
    It is getting way out of control with members quoting the whole posting and then re quoting again and again.
    Pages are increasing with the same full quotes everywhere.

Yes indeed my bad I do usually do that so my apologies as get a few senior moments when I forget to do just that. My bad hmm !!!

Anyway found the answer I need by a process of elimination using a rather messy and flawed Beelink remote.conf file and teh answer was a line 0x51 704 . Odd as 704 to me should not be a valid figure AFAIK ??? Changed that line to 0x51 116 and it now all works. Thought I had tried 0x51 before but must have made an error loading it when I did try that. So now all is workign :) and will post it in the remote repository for all those with the Beelingk MXIII II S905X box.

Cheers
    RayW
    [hr]

Does suspend/sleep work on Beelink MiniMXIII?

Yes it does for me on my MiniMXIII II S905X version of that box, by simply going into System|Settings|System|Power Saving and changing the Shutdown Function from the default Shutdown to Suspend. Should work if you have the S905 version too, so try it.

Edited once, last by RayW (March 18, 2017 at 9:03 AM).

• All woirks except for the power button for which I cannot get the scancode as the box of course switches off before I can run the "dmesg -c" SSH command and read it off. So if anyone knows the scancode, or more precisely with this box the "Remote: Press ircode" , then I cannot map that to the 116 KODI shutdown command.

A way to get the Ir code of power button could be to change the main remote code in the remote.conf " factory_code ". This way, the box will not react to any button of your remote. So using dmesg, you will have a "wrong button" reported, with the code, but no action, as if the remote was for another device :

remote: Wrong custom code is 0xae517f80

Here the button code is 0x51.
    (use "remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf" to apply a new config without rebooting")

• remote: Wrong custom code is 0xae517f80

Here the button code is 0x51.
    (use "remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf" to apply a new config without rebooting")

All working now Vette as I finally derived the correct remote code from a partially working remote config file by a process of elimination. See my last post in the remote repository thread. What threw me was I was looking for the normal 116 KODI shutdown command code but it was shown as 704 in that other odd file ????? As I thought the command codes were a single byte of data then decimal values over 255 surely would not be recognised?? Though strangely or coincidentally 74 Hex is indeed 116 decimal but not teh stated 704 Hex of course ??

The correct code as it turns out was 0x51=116 and same remote code as in your example. Many thanks Vette for your input but how could you know to specifically use the 3rd and 4th hex characters from that Wrong custom code result ???

Cheers
    RayW