[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Sorry complete newb here! I followed the instructions from the 1st page - used LibreELEC USB creator and burned this file: http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.012...12i.img.gz
    The did as you said and went to the device tree, downloaded gxl_p212_2g.dtb - I have a QBox which has 2GB of ram, renamed the file on thee USB drive and booted to recovery
    In the recover console it just says 'cannot load volume /misc'
    I tried the other USB slot but had the same issue. I also get the same issue if I dont copy the renamed DTB file over the top of the existing one.
    Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Use Rufus to prepare system. After its done replace dtp file (dtb.img).
    Also, which method are you choosing to boot the USB from recovery?
    I'm using Terminal Emulator app to enter recovery update and everything is ready and set within two minutes. This method will work only if your device is rooted.

Edited once, last by yatoya (February 21, 2017 at 11:53 PM).

• Use Rufus to prepare system. After its done replace dtp file (dtb.img).
    Also, which method are you choosing to boot the USB from recovery?
    I'm using Terminal Emulator app to enter recovery update and everything is ready and set within two minutes. This method will work only if your device is rooted.

Ok, will try it with rufus and see if that works, I downloaded an app from the play step that boots into recovery mode

• Hi Ray

sorry, I didn't know that ;)

NP Fredouye. Many things I also still do not know too, but this community thrives by our helping each other with those bits on information we do end up knowing a little about and sharing that info of course.

Cheers
    RayW

Edited once, last by RayW (February 22, 2017 at 12:06 PM).

• Ok, will try it with rufus and see if that works, I downloaded an app from the play step that boots into recovery mode

If the app is able to boot to recovery it means your device is rooted.
    From Google Play install Terminal Emulator
    Prepare your USB or MircroSD with LibreElec and connect into your box. Run Terminal Emulator and write reboot update and hit enter.

Edited once, last by yatoya (February 22, 2017 at 12:50 PM).

• If the app is able to boot to recovery it means your device is rooted.
    From Google Play install Terminal Emulator
    Prepare your USB or MircroSD with LibreElec and connect into your box. Run Terminal Emulator and write reboot update and hit enter.

And reboot update won't affect anything that's currently in my box? I only want to dual boot...
    And if I use RUFUS to write the USB stick, do I just leave it with the defaults?
    Also, I think I want to use version 8 - I noticed this is the v7 thread! I was trying to install V8, can this thread be moved?

Edited once, last by Blinky2134 (February 22, 2017 at 1:18 PM).

• MOD EDIT - SNIP SNIP

• recovery method: boot into Android, insert card/thumb drive and choose Reboot to recovery. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.
    • recovery method (2nd variant): if you have "Update" app pre-installed open it, insert SD card with LE/connect USB drive, and choose any ZIP file in the app for update. Your box should reboot to LE.
    • recovery method (3rd variant): if your box is rooted, use terminal emulator app and execute reboot update command
    • recovery method (4th variant): enable ADB (Google it) and issue adb reboot update command

I have a quick question about the first recovery method. Is "boot into recovery" supposed to appear as an option when i insert the USB drive, or am i supposed to use an application like reboot manager?

Sorry if it's a stupid question

Edited once, last by wrxtasy (February 23, 2017 at 2:27 AM).

• I have a quick question about the first recovery method. Is "boot into recovery" supposed to appear as an option when i insert the USB drive, or am i supposed to use an application like reboot manager?

Sorry if it's a stupid question

Is it really neccessary to quote the whole OP?

• When I'm booting from my SD Card, the LibreELEC system boots normally, but when I'm searching for a wifi network nothing is there. Does anybody have a fix or suggestion for this? I didn't have this problem before when I booted the system onto other boxes for my family. The boxes I have been using are the MXQ Pro 4k with the Amlogic S905X.

• My second MXQ pro I have has a different style OS than my first one. The first box has the iron man picture of Robert Downey jr while this second box has a metro windows 10 style OS and when I go to apps there is no "update&backup" app at all. So how can I update this box to allow booting from SD Card? I tried skipping this step and just using the SD Card but it would boot

• looking forward to getting an Android box knowing that I can use LibreELEC. However struggling to find a S905 box with the S905X being more accessible.

My main concern is:

"If you use S905X device the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video"

Is this a something that is very noticeable? Are there any screenshots or youtube video that shows how much darker it is? Also do you need to start and stop the video before it goes back to normal or is it just 1 or the other ie. can I start a video and it will be back to normal or do I actually have to start and then stop to get it back to normal.

Thanks ahead

• My main concern is:

"If you use S905X device the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video"

Not every Box with S905X Chipset is affected.
    If so, there is a workaround adding Splash Video to autostart