Posts by dubbud

Hoping to get some advice again.

I originally set up my harmony 525 following troggy's instructions and all went well. In fact, I only did the first 2 steps (install the "pivot bios ds device" and learn the power command) and it worked.

I have now got a harmony touch and again followed the instructions. However I am having problems with the power function. Everything else works well. After learning the "power" function, I find that I can power on my device but I can't power off.

I then tried to follow steps (3) and (4) but am stuck. I am using MyHarmony (for the harmony touch) but I dont understand how to set the "power on" in Harmony software and "power off" in Pivos profile. In MyHarmony, I can see the devices (Pivos) but it only has a powetoggle. My harmony 525 was set using the previous harmony remote software.

Thanks again

That's now ready to try, so move across to your Harmony:

• Install the 'pivos xios ds' device
    • using your original remote learn the 'power' command.
    • set the learned power command to 'power on' in the Harmony software
    • set the power command in the pivos profile to 'power off'

After a bit of experimenting I ended up with the following delay settings for my Harmony:
    power on > 1000
    Inter-key, Inter-device and repeats (the last one accessed via 'troubleshooting') are all set to 0 (zero).
    Before that I had problems with multiple keypresses - it's what works for me / my device / my remote so use it as a starting point.

Thanks again,

I will try and do the logging as suggested and post what I come up with.

Just an update, the problem I had appears to be related to the Amber skin I was using. The stop button worked fine using the Aeon not skin. I did try turning on logging but going through the results for some reason didn't seem to bring up any of the ID/codes mentioned in the first page.

Is there a known ID/code for bringing up the DVD menu during playback?

Thanks

Thanks trogggy for this post. I have an old 525 harmony remote and I note that you have the same one. Had 2 questions.

1 problem I have been having is that I find the stop function takes about 3-5 sec to work. The video stops immediately but then freezes and it doesn't return to the previous screen for 3-5 seconds. On the other hand, if I access the onscreen control and click on the stop button, it does it immediately.

Also I note that return to dvd menu doesn't work. It shows another screen which is basically blank and after pressing OK, it then goes to the main DVD menu. Again using the onscreen DVD menu button, it works immediately.

Is there anything I can change.

Thanks

Thanks for the great work. Just had a question regarding upgrading. I only just started with libreelec on version 8.0e. I was trying to upgrade through Kodi/Libreelec screen but the update channel section is blank. Have a missed a step or do I need to manually download and copy to the update folder.

looking forward to getting an Android box knowing that I can use LibreELEC. However struggling to find a S905 box with the S905X being more accessible.

My main concern is:

"If you use S905X device the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video"

Is this a something that is very noticeable? Are there any screenshots or youtube video that shows how much darker it is? Also do you need to start and stop the video before it goes back to normal or is it just 1 or the other ie. can I start a video and it will be back to normal or do I actually have to start and then stop to get it back to normal.

Thanks ahead