[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• I'm using this build (version h) successfully on my two wetek hubs. Just wanted to know how I would modify the remote.conf so that that the mouse button is behaving like a play/pause key and not as a mouse trigger? I copied from /etc/amremote the wetek.conf to /storage/.config/remote.conf. Hope that is correct. but the mouse trigger buttons definitions inside the file are missing. Thre is only one key defined:

How to proceed on this now to add the trigger button as play/pause? If someone could help me out here it would really be gerat :) Thanks a lot for your support here :)

Hi,

You can follow this guide here (from the section labeled "Key Map") and the referenced link for a list of codes used in linux.
    Remember not to overwrite the conf file under /flash but to place your edited copy in /storage/.config then reboot for the system to load the configuration.

• Hi,

You can follow this guide here (from the section labeled "Key Map") and the referenced link for a list of codes used in linux.
    Remember not to overwrite the conf file under /flash but to place your edited copy in /storage/.config then reboot for the system to load the configuration.

Thanks for the quick reply :) That guide I already saw, but my buttons on the hub already work all out of the box, so there must be a file with all buttons configured, as also the mouse function is working properly. So where can I get this file from?

Maybe I'm not understanding it completely, but I assume for the wetek the remote works out of the box, so there should be a preconfigured file, right?

• I've responded to you previously.

Read what I've already suggested in the linked response above. Also, make sure you're wired over Ethernet and not using WiFi. The bandwidth on most of these boxes is limited to 26mbps Wifi, which is not enough for high bandwidth streams with advanced audio.

Outside of that, if it's really only "catchup addons" that are causing problems, they're not supported. Stop reporting it here, and find the developer add-ons forums to reach out to them for help. It's an add-on issue and not a Kodi/LibreELEC issue.

Hi Gltch

Well first many thanks for your help and indeed your initial response which somehow I seem to have missed or overlooked. Sorry about that, clearly a senior moment in my old age. I must have appeared rude in not replying to you with a thank you so sincere apologies for that.

Anyway firstly I had not installed more and more add-ons as from the beginning with LibreElec 7 I just used my basic suite of add-ons that I have developed and edited over the years removing dead add-ons and adding new ones that I feel are good enough keeping the total add-on count to a reasonable level. I did not though restore a back up from my S805 Ember based box either but freshly installed the Repositories and add-ons to avoid any incompatibility issues. So the add-ons were not the problem and of course I did a check for background resource hogging add-ons and settings too. Indeed I have an almost identical suite of add-ons and settings as I have on my S805 MXQ M12 box running registered Linux EmbER 4 firmware, and for which I have no such problem with this delay in regaining remote access when running up a video stream.

Although junior on this forum and recent to LibreElec firmware I have been a KODI power user going all the way back to XBMC 11, and prevalent on other KODI forums for some time helping many new comers into the world of KODI and Linux firmware, so I am pretty familiar with the way it operates but always much still to learn. However so far, by either luck or judgement, I have never had the need to obtain and upload a logfile and thus why I was unsure of this operation and the need or value for it with my particular current problem.

Well the network cache settings were indeed it seems the problem, so you have hit the nail firmly on the head. I was simply using the default network cache settings as installed with the LibreElec V7.0.3.012h and earlier firmware and with the correct S905X 1GB Device Tree. I took your suggestions and here below is the Advancedsettings.xml file I have used. This has virtually totally removed the problem with only at most so far 2 or 3 seconds delay, and now often no apparent delay, in regaining remote access and this is perfectly acceptable for anyone of course. I cannot thank you enough for your great help here "glitch" and the excellent informative links related to this issue that you pointed me to. Early days yet but appears to have cured this problem, or at least has sufficiently eliminated it to be no longer considered a problem. :)
    <advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>4</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

Yes understand the forum rules so only mention catchup add-ons and not by name of course. The problem by the way was also prevalent with pucker KODI add-ons like YT with video streaming and indeed even playing local video files sreamed from my local NAS drives. But this was not an add-on specific problem as it turns out, and was indeed present to differing extents on all video add-ons I used.

I was unaware that these boxes are restricted to only giving about 26 Mbps on Wireless connections which is odd as they supposed to be able to use 802.11n WiFi at 150 Mbps at least, and these days most of our WiFiAPs support 802.11n of course. Normally with 802.11g after security encryption you only in theory get about 35 Mbps max to share between all other active WiFi clients from the specified 54 Mbps, so I can accept how a standard g WiFI connection can end up only giving you 26 Mbps. However in my case I use an Ethernet connection via a hard wired gigabit switch from my 200Mbps internet fibre optic downlink coming via my router with gigabit Ethernet ports too.

Once again many thanks to you glitch for your invaluable help.

Cheers
    RayW

Edited once, last by RayW (February 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM).

• Hmm spoke a little too soon. I found the advancesettings figures I used slowed down getting listings etc way too much and the problem reappeared on some streams and even off of my NAS drive too. I changed it to the one below which seemed to give me the best overall results :-
    <advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

One thing I have noticed is that the problem almost disappears for a while after a reboot (like I have to do of course when I change the advancesettings.xml file). That is why I thought earlier the problem was as good as solved but after a while (minutes rather than hours) the problem starts to get more noticeable again and even if I try to run the same video stream from scratch a second and third time. So it seems like I may somehow be leaking memory, though cannot see any real sign of that looking at the System|System Information figures for Storage, and anyway I thought that was an old now solve problem with the release of the 32 bit builds. Sometimes even with the improvements using the various network cache advanced settings I can get a stream that makes me wait about 5 minutes before I can get remote control back again, clearly a significant and real serious problem, such a shame for such an otherwise superb V7 series of builds.

So it still seems this maybe some kind of bug within the system that I have never seen before with previous Linux builds. Any suggestions from anyone and does any one else here get this problem too ?? Would some type of log file help here ??

Cheers
    RayW

Edited once, last by RayW (February 12, 2017 at 6:41 PM).

• Hi Ray,
    I would try a different brand of box and see if that fixes it. I think you are the only one with that specific box. It seems no-one else is experiencing this problem.

• Hi, I just joined the forum and would like to find out if anyone else is having wifi problems.
    My box is an X96 with S905X chip with 2GB ram + 16GB internal memory.
    I have downloaded the correct 2Gb dtb file along with this build, installed to sd card with LibreElec usb creator, renamed dtb file and replaced existing file.
    LibreElec installs and runs ok, wifi & ethernet connects BUT when I reboot it doesn't keep the wifi connected, I can only use ethernet to use my network.
    Have also tried previous builds with dtb files, but same results.
    Can anybody help, thank you.

• LibreElec installs and runs ok, wifi & ethernet connects BUT when I reboot it doesn't keep the wifi connected, I can only use ethernet to use my network.

I have the same box with no network issues. Do you have both wifi and ethernet enabled in Libreelec settings? If so, LE will always use the ethernet connection if it is plugged in. Maybe try disabling ethernet in settings and see if wifi auto connects on boot?

• I have the same box with no network issues. Do you have both wifi and ethernet enabled in Libreelec settings? If so, LE will always use the ethernet connection if it is plugged in. Maybe try disabling ethernet in settings and see if wifi auto connects on boot?

Thanks for reply but I have already tried that. Maybe I just have a 'dodgy' box.

• Hi Ray,
    I would try a different brand of box and see if that fixes it. I think you are the only one with that specific box. It seems no-one else is experiencing this problem.

Hi Ed

Trouble is I already have several folk here with this MXQ M12CX box now and want to help them too with this problem. The box is such a great looking and well constructed metal cased box and works in all other respects so it would be a shame to not have this one fully working. IMHO one of the best looking and well priced boxes available on the market that I have seen and read about and available in 1/8GB, 2/8GB and 2/16GB versions, though personally I only use the 1/8 GB on the basis that LibreElec is so efficient that more memory should really not be needed. So IMHO the larger memory versions are of course only truly beneficial for those still using Android bloatware. Sure this is a brand new model box but like its predecessor S805 versions it should end up a popular box.

As I said I have ordered an Enybox X1 1/8GB which also has a metal case, but nobody here seems to already use one for LibreElec though they are being well promoted online and again a great price for a nice looking good spec box. We will see when I get my sample box if it solves this annoying problem I am suffering with. Maybe Ed it is because I need a 2/8 GB version as you have, but cannot see why that is needed with this highly efficient LibreElec firmware

Today I am going to spend more time trying to fix it by first backing up my system and then removing add-ons selectively until hopefully the problem goes away, as it sure as hell no longer seems to be a netwrok cache problem unless the settigns for that are super critical. I will report back on my findings though of course sadly cannot name here any culprit add-ons I may find. Have to say that all the add-ons I use are primarily just the standard popular ones that most folk seem to be using.

I really desperately need a fix for this problem on the MXQ M12CX S905X box

Cheers
    RayW

Edited once, last by RayW (February 13, 2017 at 7:40 AM).

• As I said I have ordered an Enybox X1 1/8GB which also has a metal case, but nobody here seems to already use one for LibreElec though they are being well promoted online and again a great price for a nice looking good spec box.

Why do you go looking and Buying Obscure Named Chinese Branding boxes that aren't mentioned by LE Members as working or at least tested with issues. Metal boxes are not part of the Hardware and Specs.
    Decent Wifi , Decent Quality Card Reader , Fast eMMC flash and a decent Board with Thermal design etc is what we hope for when buying a box.
    I've just googled this Enybox and it is pretty thin on details. The Hardware specs i have found are nothing special. Way overpriced.

I already have several folk here with this MXQ M12CX box now and want to help them too with this problem. The box is such a great looking and well constructed metal cased box and works in all other respects so it would be a shame to not have this one fully working. IMHO one of the best looking and well priced boxes available on the market that I have seen and read about

Again the same thing puzzles me on why you would have gone for this box. Same trouble finding info with Googling this thing.
    You might want to refine and filter out rarely tested or not tested at all boxes using LE.

You may have Spoofed ram , bad flash , bad wifi chips or inadequate heat dissipation with no thermal design eg: No Heat Sink or no Heat Pad with thermal paste. Open it up and see what's in there. I always open these things up. I can't help myself.

• Metal boxes are not part of the Hardware and Specs.

I vaguely remember the 'merits' of the metal cased boxes being pushed at all continuously by someone at the 'Ember' forum, a couple of years back. Perhaps Ray was influenced by this (or, indeed, may be the person who was so convinced this was a sign of quality) :rolleyes:

• I vaguely remember the 'merits' of the metal cased boxes being pushed at all continuously by someone at the 'Ember' forum, a couple of years back. Perhaps Ray was influenced by this (or, indeed, may be the person who was so convinced this was a sign of quality) :rolleyes:

No of course a metal case does not necessarily denote quality and I agree with that statement beign a retired senior Electronics and Comms engineer (though that does not mean I even think I may know as much as many of you talented guys here). Just pointing that out to clarify I am not a green naive youngster, just a geriatric old git :D

The previous S805 MXQ M12 metal cased box was very reliable indeed and worked extremely well with EmbER whereas the plastic cased cheaper alternative was flawed with so many cheap nasty copies and at least 4 different main boards discovered but with only one of them compatible with the EmbER firmware. So in this case the metal cased units were synonimous with consistency and better quality overall and as I say worked extremely well. Certainly not the cheapest of boards by MXQ which are a pretty well known brand and indeed were recommended by the EmbER developers themselves based on quality and reasonable good price, so will defend them on that score. This new MXQ M12CX has a great spec it seems and other than this weird problem I have perform extremely well with LibreElec 7. Yet to try to elimate maybe an add-on I have installed that is causign the problem though I am doubtful of this as yet.

I do buy my boxes direct from China and can get virtually any box brand as long as they are in production. The Enybox X1 is promoted as a superior box to the MXQ 4K Pro and the spec seems to indicate this. Still we shall see soon. I can also get teh Nexbox A95X too of course which is one recommended here with the only caveat that it does not look anywhere near as good which as you rightly say is not a problem if it works much better and is in fact slightly cheaper than the MXQ M12CX too.
    Well firstly the BBC iPlayer is down for all of us so it is nothing to do in this case with you not upgrading your box to the latest EmbER firmware, although I highly recommend it. It looks like BBC blocking it as they clearly do not want Brit Expats to watch BBC TV and the intolerably give us no legal way to do so !!! So we need proxy servers and hacked ways to view as there are no other legal alternatives. I loathe their policy on this as they should issue Internet TV licenses for Expats at an appropriate price with an encrypted service via KODI or PC for such license holding subscribers, and that would also help their financial woes too so a win/win situation. Alas they are too bloody ignorant and stupid to do this. So for now we have to wait for Mikey1234, the writer of the BBC iPlayer add-on, to hack this and and update the add-on to get this much needed service to function again for us all. You should though still have full access to live UK TV channels through add-ons like FTV Guide and FilmOn of course

All I want is the same as you guys to help get LibreElec workign well on as many of the new S905X boxes as possible and identify and eliminate any apparent bugs. The more choice of boxes we have that work for this community then the better for us all of surely :)

Cheers
    RayW

• Hi everyone, I just joined the thread. I would like to report a problem related to NAND appeared in the last 7.0.3.012h release. I use a NexBox with S905 (1GB/8GB). When booting with SD card, the NAND driver starts correctly but the system does not load the aml_nftl_dev module. Consequently, /dev/boot, /dev/system and others are not populated in the file system. And the script used to write LibreElec to the NAND fails.
    I think this issue may be due to one of the latest commit named "load NAND module only when needed" which disable automatic loading of aml_nftl_dev.
    This problem did not occur in 7.0.3.012g release.

Thank you for your support (and above all for your hard work!)
    Regards,
    RR

• The previous S805 MXQ M12 metal cased box was very reliable indeed and worked extremely well with EmbER whereas the plastic cased cheaper alternative was flawed with so many cheap nasty copies and at least 4 different main boards discovered but with only one of them compatible with the EmbER firmware. So in this case the metal cased units were synonimous with consistency and better quality overall and as I say worked extremely well. Certainly not the cheapest of boards by MXQ which are a pretty well known brand and indeed were recommended by the EmbER developers themselves based on quality and reasonable good price, so will defend them on that score. This new MXQ M12CX has a great spec

I've got some bad news for you Ray.
    MXQ IS NOT A BRAND. Period !
    Read this link #22
    None of these boxes except maybe Beelink are consistent with their Hardware and Software.
    The Wetek, Odroid boxes fall into a different Quality Category.

The Enybox X1 is promoted as a superior box to the MXQ 4K Pro and the spec seems to indicate this.

Where on Earth are you reading and believing this stuff.
    I think you need to read and not believe everything you read on the internet Ray.
    Especially Paid Bloggers and Reviewers.

• Hi everyone, I just joined the thread. I would like to report a problem related to NAND appeared in the last 7.0.3.012h release. I use a NexBox with S905 (1GB/8GB). When booting with SD card, the NAND driver starts correctly but the system does not load the aml_nftl_dev module. Consequently, /dev/boot, /dev/system and others are not populated in the file system. And the script used to write LibreElec to the NAND fails.
    I think this issue may be due to one of the latest commit named "load NAND module only when needed" which disable automatic loading of aml_nftl_dev.
    This problem did not occur in 7.0.3.012g release.

Thank you for your support (and above all for your hard work!)
    Regards,
    RR

Maybe that is why my update from 012f to 012h went totally wrong and
    destroyed my installation. :\

• Hi Kostaman. Appreciated your feedback.

Well first of all I considered MXQ a brand simply because that is the name they print on the case and I have heard that there has been some legal battling going on in China about use of the MXQ "brand" name. Sure I am not disagreeing with you about inconsistency with the hardware, as I indeed did point out that with the MXQ S805 cheap plastic cased M12 box we found at least 4 main board variants and why I used the metal cased M12 S805 box because the boxes were pretty consistent and seemed to consistently use a different mainboard that worked and was compatible with EmbER at the time. This is why I opted to try out the S905X MXQ M12CX metal cased version hoping for the same reliable result with LibreElec, and maybe that could still be true if an inconsistency is traced and fixed. Can but hope hmm.

As to the Enybox X1 well my words I used I stand by as I said they were "promoted" as being better and that the spec "seemed" to indicate this in comparison to the MXQ 4K Pro box which was on the list of LE working boxes in the thread you referred to. I was not saying that this was a written in stone fact of course. As I said I am old enough (way too old) and wise enough to totally agree with you of course in not believing all you read on the internet. I am though at least going to try one of those boxes out and will feed back my findings, if they work well then they may end up as a good buy, IF of course they then remain of consistent quality.

Regarding my MXQ M12CX S905X box problem, well I step by step stripped off all the add-ons until just one left, a very well known live TV streaming add-on beginning with the letter F, which most of us probably have installed. The problem with the remote control access delay was still there although of a much shorter duration as the number of add-ons left installed got closer to 1. So I have to conclude it seems to be neither network cache nor any rogue add-ons causing the particular problem. Reluctantly then it has to be these particular boxes having some incompatibility with the LibreElec 7 firmware, but still want to know why and whether there may be an easy enough fix. Maybe needs a different Device Tree file, but I am honestly grasping at straws here, so now have to leave it at that unless anyone has any positive feedback.

Sorry for taking up so much forum space with this issue but can only hope that the discussion may be of some small help to others here.

Cheers
    RayW

Edited once, last by RayW (February 13, 2017 at 6:51 PM).

• For those who are getting the /dev/system error that locks the nand. I was able to get it boot from the nand by loading 7.95 beta 6 and running 'installtointernal' twice. I am using a ott mxq 4k pro. I used the experimental dtb and on the boot from nand I initially got the 'can't access tty; job control' but after power cycling the box it booted fine. I have not tried going back to the original version though.

• Why do you go looking and Buying Obscure Named Chinese Branding boxes that aren't mentioned by LE Members as working or at least tested with issues. Metal boxes are not part of the Hardware and Specs.
    Decent Wifi , Decent Quality Card Reader , Fast eMMC flash and a decent Board with Thermal design etc is what we hope for when buying a box.
    I've just googled this Enybox and it is pretty thin on details. The Hardware specs i have found are nothing special. Way overpriced.

Again the same thing puzzles me on why you would have gone for this box. Same trouble finding info with Googling this thing.
    You might want to refine and filter out rarely tested or not tested at all boxes using LE.

You may have Spoofed ram , bad flash , bad wifi chips or inadequate heat dissipation with no thermal design eg: No Heat Sink or no Heat Pad with thermal paste. Open it up and see what's in there. I always open these things up. I can't help myself.

I agree 100%! I made a mistake and bought a Nexbox A95X the first time and it irritates me that the suspend/standby is not working. Otherwise, it is doing great on LE, and I decided to buy two additional boxes. Which boxes are the best to buy right now (tested to run LE by members, good price...)?