[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• For noobs it might be good to expand on two instuctions in the OP (i.e. how to get plugins working after updating from 64bit to 32bit build).

• How to "Delete your old packages directory":
      System -> Appearance -> file lists -> show hidden files and directories and allow file deletion
      System -> File Manager -> add source (call it "Root") and browse/add the location:
      /.kodi/addons/packages
      Then open it, long press any file there and choose "Select all". Then long press again and choose "Delete".
    • How to "Refresh the repos":
      Delete this file: /userdata/Database/Addons20.db
      Reboot.
      System -> Addons -> press left to bring up the side menu then click "Check for updates"

Edited once, last by RowanDDR (January 8, 2017 at 12:51 AM).

• Firstly , thanks for all your hard work on this project - I am very grateful , as it makes the Kodi experience on the Nexbox A95x so much better than stock..

Installed this latest version (upgrade from v .11) on my Nexbox A95x (s905x 2gb/16gb). Working perfectly..

Only problem is now , nothing populates in the System part of the LibreELEC settings. all the other tabs are fine and display as normal. I have not changed any settings at all from the older (v.11) version I had installed. I Googled the issue and someone said that this happens when you dont have the Kodi Language set correctly , but I checked this and its set to English(US) as it should be..

Anyone any idea how to fix this? - its no real biggie , but at some stage I may have to change something..

Thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by friz (January 7, 2017 at 7:08 PM).

• my beelink minimxiii still has boot issues, do we need to start from scratch? Still gets stuck at the beelink logo.

Also get an error when flashing, tried creating a new usb key and used installtointernall then restored my backup, then tried updating again from the update folder.

Code
    error opening lock file /var/lock/fw_printenv.lock
    0+1 records in
    0+1 records out

EDIT: just saw the disabled sensor build. What are the risks? i'm not to worried if the box burns up, just don't want a potential fire hazard plugged in 24/7.
    EDIT2: boot issue is resolved with disabled temp sensor build, however still get the locked error when updating from the update folder.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (January 7, 2017 at 9:57 PM).

• The same thing happened to me with .11 when I selected an upgrade channel. I was able to get the functionality back by deleting the xml settings file for the addon.

It was in one of these.
    .\Userdata\addon_data\service.openelec.settings
    .\Userdata\addon_data\service.libreelec.settings

• The same thing happened to me with .11 when I selected an upgrade channel. I was able to get the functionality back by deleting the xml settings file for the addon.

It was in one of these.
    .\Userdata\addon_data\service.openelec.settings
    .\Userdata\addon_data\service.libreelec.settings

Very , very grateful for your help , will give it a try .....
    [hr]
    @klogg

Problem now fixed. It was .\Userdata\addon_data\service.libreelec.settings

The setup Wizard reset itself and now all back to normal..

Thanks again..
    [hr]

Edited once, last by friz (January 7, 2017 at 9:56 PM).

• Will 64-bit build continue to be supported?
    kszaq : would you mind also providing a 64-bit build?
    For my personal usage, 64-bit builds so far were excellent.

I think I won't compile aarch64 build until the memory leak is solved. If you want to compile it yourself:

• cp projects/S905/linux/linux.arm.conf projects/S905/linux/linux.aarch64.conf
    • rm projects/S905/patches/Python/*
  • I think I won't compile aarch64 build until the memory leak is solved. If you want to compile it yourself:

• cp projects/S905/linux/linux.arm.conf projects/S905/linux/linux.aarch64.conf
    • rm projects/S905/patches/Python/*

Thanks, I figured out first one (linux config), but, I had not spotted the second one (32bit python patch). I'll redo my build ;)

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (January 7, 2017 at 11:58 PM).

• Very , very grateful for your help , will give it a try .....
    [hr]
    @klogg

Problem now fixed. It was .\Userdata\addon_data\service.libreelec.settings

The setup Wizard reset itself and now all back to normal..

Thanks again..
    [hr]

Nice, good deal.

• I think I've fixed chapter seeking. A new version will be uploaded in a few minutes. People experiencing this issue please re-download and update. You can put the updated image to Update folder and reboot even if you already have 7.0.3.012 installed.

Fixed the issues i had. Works perfect. ;)

• I think I won't compile aarch64 build until the memory leak is solved. If you want to compile it yourself:

Just curious : what is an easy way to catch 64bit memory leak evidence?
    for now is seems stable (+/- 1500MB free)
    I also have 4G swap space.
    [hr]
    In case someone, for some odd reason, wants 64bit image LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.012.img.gz, here is one:
    view?usp=sharing

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /proc/version 
    Linux version 3.14.29 (gentoo@standby) (gcc version 5.3.0 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Sun Jan 8 01:11:10 CET 2017
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /etc/release
    S905.aarch64-7.0.3.012

it works for me, please use it as is, ...
    All development credits, of course, go to our hero kszaq ;)
    I simply built using standard instructions and kind advice.
    PS: I think I need 64bit since I maintain a 64bit gentoo system in an LE chroot...
    [hr]

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (January 8, 2017 at 2:38 AM).

• Fixed the issues i had. Works perfect.

You have a device with Aigale WiFi, right? Can you please confirm whether Bluetooth works for you in this build?

Just curious : what is an easy way to catch 64bit memory leak evidence?

Play several videos in a row with SW decoding or use TextureCache script to stress-test device (generating thumbnails etc.). The issue is not that apparent with 2GB RAM.

• You have a device with Aigale WiFi, right? Can you please confirm whether Bluetooth works for you in this build?

I have a TX5 Pro with Qualcomm QCA9377
    I only just tried this with Vanilla SD Card of 7.0.3.012.
    I noticed during update with this box that i saw Not Found in the script whilst un packing.
    I saw the device tree was not updated in the reading of the script.
    The box booted up and seemed to work OK but i re Updated the second time with both files again.
    This time after the un packing i saw the device tree updated in the script and no Not Found errors.

No Bluetooth Adapters Found.
    Always hooks up to wifi after 10 mixed reboots and power off.
    So that is a good thing. It used to not hook up at random and toggling wifi on/off used to fix it.

My previous tests for this version were done on 2 of my 1gb/8gb S905 Boxes.
    A95X S905 and MiniMx s905 (Beelink Non Branded)
    All good.

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 8, 2017 at 10:29 PM).

• Wonderfull work kszag...downloading it
    My box is mxqpro 4k, its s905/x with 1 gig of ram
    Will report soon.
    Anyone else got the same box with these build ?

Edited once, last by mxlibre (January 8, 2017 at 7:02 PM).

• The boot issue is gone for me with .012. Great news and a great build.
    BTW, the PayPal issue is fixed for me. I sent you a couple Canadian beers as a thank you. You deserve it.

• Hi all.
    I'm really struggling here and have been for some time trying to boot le off sd card.
    My device is a T95 S905 2gb.
    Iv tried every device tree listed and still can't get the box to boot up into LE.
    Has anyone got the same device as me and had better luck or is this a known problem for a T95?
    Or am i doing something completely wrong?

Iv downloaded suitable version via Rufus.
    Deleted dtb.img and replaced with many others.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Hello kszaq.

The latest version is awesome. I have not seen any freezes or any serious issues with it. Works flawlessly until now in Mini M8S II.

Great work, thank you for your all your efforts in this project (sent you some money for a beer!).

Edited once, last by logicheart (January 8, 2017 at 3:35 PM).