Create remote.conf from scratch

• @Jeffers  you first need to get the first change to the template is to insert your correct factory code

2) Set Factory Code

From the PuTTy output you posted, the generated error appears to be 0xb24d4040, so you would change line 33 of the template to factory_code = 0x40400001

Edited once, last by Poida (August 21, 2017 at 10:11 AM).

• Sorry, what I mean is:

When you type '/storage/.config' what are you trying to do? That's just the folder remote.conf should be in - looking at the first post the OP is just giving you an address, a place to stick the file, not an instruction to type. I can see how it's not clear if you're unfamiliar with putty / ssh.

Do you have a remote.conf that you want to stick in /storage/.config?

http://dl.free.fr/jREEemjhM

This is my remote.conf file for wetek play 2, if that could help someone ...

Jeffers (in another thread):

Question:- How do I edit the remote.conf when box is booted to LibreELEC, I did it by editing file on USB stick on my laptop and recopied into LibreELEC

There are several ways, what I find easiest (from a windows pc) is:

Open an explorer (not internet explorer!) window.

1. In the address bar type "\\192.168.x.x" - no quote marks, and replace the number with the real IP of your libreelec box.
    2. Hit 'return' and you should see a list of folders (actually shares) in your explorer window. Go into the one called 'Configfiles' - that's actually pointing at /storage/.config
    3. Open remote.conf with a text editor (I use notepad++), make your changes, save (make sure you don't save as remote.conf.txt)
  • Last Friday my new S905X box arrived, and over the weekend I've been tinkering with the remote.conf. Thanks to the excellent instructions in this thread I've set it up almost perfectly to my taste, but there's one issue remaining.

I noticed that all my keys were working correctly, except one key that I've mapped to the TAB key (to switch to/from fullscreen). That key always got registered as ESCAPE. I was sure my remote.conf was correct however, because if I did another remotecfg .config/remote.conf, the TAB key worked correctly.

It turns out that at each boot, the .config/remote.conf file isn't read directly, but it is first copied to /tmp/remote.conf while having certain codes stripped out. In my remote.conf I had

0xe1 15 ; KEY_TAB

But in /tmp/remote.conf, that was replaced by

0xe1 1

You can see what codes are being stripped out (replaced) in /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config. This is the relevant part:

Code 15 (KEY_TAB) is being replaced by code 1 (KEY_ESCAPE), code 63 (KEY_F5) by code 90 (KEY_KATAKANA), etc.

Does anyone know why this is being done? Since this file is in the read-only filesystem, the user can't easily fix it himself. Right now my workaround is to put another remotecfg in the autostart.sh, but I'd like to know why this is being done in the first place.

• Thanks to the patience of Poida helping me to understand how ro work out my remote's factory code see post Create remote.conf from scratch, I now have the basics on my remote working.

Can anyone point me to a table/list of a full set of the key action codes with an explanation of what the codes mean (what action Kodi will take when the key is pressed), that can be used in the remote.conf? If I end up with spare keys on my remote I could use them to allocate options I would like to do in Kodi.

For example the obvious ones are 166 for power, 105 for left, 106 for Right........

If I map and activate my colour keys, what do the key action codes 398, 399, 400 and 401 do:-

# 0x53 398 #RED
    # 0x5b 399 #GREEN
    # 0x57 400 #YELLOW
    # 0x54 401 #BLUE

Whatever the action codes do, I may want to allocate different action codes not used in the template.

I would also appreciate being pointed to some explanation of what some of the options in the template I used from the OP mean and how to use them. For example:-

# fn_key_scancode = 0x44 #MOUSE
    # left_key_scancode = 0x25 #LEFT
    # right_key_scancode = 0x27 #RIGHT
    # up_key_scancode = 0x26 #UP
    # down_key_scancode = 0x28 #DOWN
    # ok_key_scancode = 0x0d #OK
    mouse_begin
    # 0 0x25 #LEFT
    # 1 0x27 #RIGHT
    # 2 0x26 #UP
    # 3 0x28 #DOWN
    mouse_end

I haven't got my mouse working yet, any help would be appreciated

• Hi

Does anyone know which is the code for KEY_TITLE?

Actually I have another question: the original remote config files under /etc/lirc for xbox remote, xbox360 remote etc... are a kind of different

The use mnemonic key identificator (KEY_0, KEY_TITLE, etc...) instead of numeric code. And they don't even use the factory_code setting....

Is anyone expert of this lirc configuration?

Bye

• The problem is that I have tried to set it, but I don't get the action assigned to TITLE happening, i.e. Process Info (codecs, etc...) while watching movies...

• I have just been having a play with my remote.conf

I can't explain what these things mean.

Have you enabled mouse in kodi, settings system, input, devices

Regarding the coloured buttons, I just used the same procedure to find out the codes,

My Red, setup button is not configurable, the others, App to stop, volume + FF volume - REW

#v- mute v+

0x10 19

0x41 113

0x18 33

The mouse button I set to Play/pause

#app mouse

0x0f 166

0x00 164

• H96 PRO PLUS Remote

remote.jpg

remote.conf

if you want virtual mouse support on the remote

Edited once, last by Shonk (September 27, 2017 at 3:30 AM).

• Im confused.

I went info file manager in Kodi (le8) searched and found STORAGE folder, opened added .config.

Would not save the (.) bit.

Went into 192.168.0.12 (ip of box)

Found Configfiles folder. Opened and tried to add .config folder. Wouldnt let me with the (.).

Added STORAGE folder.

Put remote.conf there,

Also tried it in storage/config/remote.config

still cant make IR remotes work...grr help :(

• Connect via \\<IP> from windows PC and use folder 'Configfiles'

I can get there

Do I just drop the remote.config file there in the configfiles folder when click on the folder?? Thanks

edit: did that but still nothing. Made a folder in there called storage/congig/ and tried in there ...still no good

IR remote (MiniMX) worked fine in LE7. Just wont work in LE8

Edited once, last by bazzle (September 27, 2017 at 6:41 AM).

• Do I just drop the remote.config file there in the configfiles folder when click on the folder??

Yes.

Don´t create a folder /storage/config -> will not work

Plan B:

SSH to box

Code
    mount -n -o remount,rw /flash
    cp /storage/.config/remote.conf /flash
    reboot
  • Hi,

remote.conf from android does not work on libreelec. Where is the error? Please help....