Posts by Koyan

Kszaq, thanks for the great work on these builds!

I already posted this in the remote.conf thread, but perhaps you can help me with this.

I was having trouble mapping any key on my remote to the TAB key (to switch to/from fullscreen). That key always got registered as ESCAPE. I was sure my remote.conf was correct however, because if I did another remotecfg .config/remote.conf, the TAB key worked correctly.

It turns out that at each boot, the .config/remote.conf file isn't read directly, but it is first copied to /tmp/remote.conf while having certain codes stripped out. In my remote.conf I had

0xe1 15 ; KEY_TAB

But in /tmp/remote.conf, that was replaced by

0xe1 1

You can see what codes are being stripped out (replaced) in /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config. This is the relevant part:

Code 15 (KEY_TAB) is being replaced by code 1 (KEY_ESCAPE), code 63 (KEY_F5) by code 90 (KEY_KATAKANA), etc.

Do you know why this is being done? Since this file is in the read-only filesystem, the user can't easily fix it himself. Right now my workaround is to put another remotecfg in the autostart.sh, but I'd like to know why this is being done in the first place (and can it be made optional).

Last Friday my new S905X box arrived, and over the weekend I've been tinkering with the remote.conf. Thanks to the excellent instructions in this thread I've set it up almost perfectly to my taste, but there's one issue remaining.

I noticed that all my keys were working correctly, except one key that I've mapped to the TAB key (to switch to/from fullscreen). That key always got registered as ESCAPE. I was sure my remote.conf was correct however, because if I did another remotecfg .config/remote.conf, the TAB key worked correctly.

It turns out that at each boot, the .config/remote.conf file isn't read directly, but it is first copied to /tmp/remote.conf while having certain codes stripped out. In my remote.conf I had

0xe1 15 ; KEY_TAB

But in /tmp/remote.conf, that was replaced by

0xe1 1

You can see what codes are being stripped out (replaced) in /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config. This is the relevant part:

Code 15 (KEY_TAB) is being replaced by code 1 (KEY_ESCAPE), code 63 (KEY_F5) by code 90 (KEY_KATAKANA), etc.

Does anyone know why this is being done? Since this file is in the read-only filesystem, the user can't easily fix it himself. Right now my workaround is to put another remotecfg in the autostart.sh, but I'd like to know why this is being done in the first place.