I would suggest you try the image on an sd card 1st. Make it work to see if it does what you want.
I have tried to get this build working on my H96 Max s905x2 but with no luck.
I do have an CE nightly working so I also tried the dtb from that but with no success.
Has anyone had any luck with this model?
I can add link for my CE working one if its helpful?
Tried that but no dice.
Also no dtb included .
Ill stick with the working CE image atm.
Cannot find an image for this box? Where did you see one?
Will post back my LE steps if ok.
I used to use LE a lot but went to CE when they forked to support Amlogic stuff (I think that what was happened)
Its (CE) working very well for me atm.
Got mine working 100% with CE.
Still playing around with LE over the weekend coming to hopefully get similar result
Having another read thru this thread atm.
Ive got the same box . Ive got Coreelec working but with no network.
You will need the correct DTB compiled file for your image.
just for info, CE thread
Where did you get your image?
Connect via \\<IP> from windows PC and use folder 'Configfiles'
I can get there
Do I just drop the remote.config file there in the configfiles folder when click on the folder?? Thanks
edit: did that but still nothing. Made a folder in there called storage/congig/ and tried in there ...still no good
IR remote (MiniMX) worked fine in LE7. Just wont work in LE8
I went info file manager in Kodi (le8) searched and found STORAGE folder, opened added .config.
Would not save the (.) bit.
Went into 192.168.0.12 (ip of box)
Found Configfiles folder. Opened and tried to add .config folder. Wouldnt let me with the (.).
Added STORAGE folder.
Put remote.conf there,
Also tried it in storage/config/remote.config
still cant make IR remotes work...grr help
Ive just tried the download from post#1243 (thanks Nofan Tasi) (Prev had LE7 build)
I also have an MiniMX 2gb
The included dtb file worked and box went straight into Libreelec.
But I have an issue that my IR remotes wont work. USB keyboard does but we use IR.
I tried turning on lirc but it made no difference.
EDIT: Just reread FAQs.
Hopefully Ill get an answer there.