7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• I am experiencing boot issues with the latest build. I updated from 010 where I did not have any boot issues, or even if there were any, they were not as noticeable as these. It boots once in 5 times maybe. I have to constantly power it off. I thought that it's the CEC, but disabling it did not change anything.

I noticed that powering on the device before I power on the receiver it is connected to does the trick sometimes, but I can not confirm it 100%.

• Hi guys, does anyone have a link/copy of the last known working boot on/off build......I believe it was in November and was part of the 2.0.9 series. Any help is appreciated as I have a number of S905 boxes and it is driving me nuts having them sticking on boot up. Many thanks.

The test builds.
    Use the 3rd January.

• Are you looking to collect any device tree sources (actual decompiled code) from S905 boxes that do not have an official device tree image in your download collection?

Or are you trying to stick with the generic DTB method, to avoid building / uploading possibly 100's of separate DTB binary images?

If you want more, I will be happy to upload a few, listed by box Make/Model...

Would it be at all feasible, to dynamically load the correct DTB at boot, based on detected hardware ID's?

Thanks for a great beta!

• @kszac, I don't know if you noticed my post that the Realtek install does not seem to partition properly? On the 8GB eMMC, the main partition is setup as 1.4GB

Also, could I ask which box you run for yourself? I only ask because I'd like to buy this same box, it will likely be better tested with the developer running!

Separately .. does anyone use the trakt.tv plugin successfully on the s905 builds? It runs fine on my old amlinux s812 build, but the LibreElec build it can't seem to communicate with the site, based on the debug logs.

• Separately .. does anyone use the trakt.tv plugin successfully on the s905 builds? It runs fine on my old amlinux s812 build, but the LibreElec build it can't seem to communicate with the site, based on the debug logs.

Trakt.tv runs fine on my S905X box. No problems with 011 or Krypton Alpha.

• kszaq - did you ever check if CEC can be disabled by modifying u-boot variables? I have problems with it preventing my AV receiver from switching sources. Thanks.

You can try running fw_setenv cecconfig cec0x0. This works on my WeTek Hub but might not work on other boxes. This command should disable CEC at u-boot level and in Android but you should still be able to use CEC in LE.

I tried to compile and install the latest version of the Stalker PVR, but the system complains that I have a 64bit and does not work. Can you help me?

I am working on a workaround for plugins to detect 32-bit userspace properly.

Are you looking to collect any device tree sources (actual decompiled code) from S905 boxes that do not have an official device tree image in your download collection?

Or are you trying to stick with the generic DTB method, to avoid building / uploading possibly 100's of separate DTB binary images?

If you want more, I will be happy to upload a few, listed by box Make/Model...

Would it be at all feasible, to dynamically load the correct DTB at boot, based on detected hardware ID's?

Thanks for a great beta!

I want to stick to generic device trees. So far it seems that every box can use one from the trees I provide. Creating a new device tree is very time consuming because you need to decompile dtb, find dtb from earlier kernel version that you can compare it with, compare manually and manually insert every change. These boxes do not provide any hardware ID that you can rely on to load a proper device tree.

@kszac, I don't know if you noticed my post that the Realtek install does not seem to partition properly? On the 8GB eMMC, the main partition is setup as 1.4GB

Device trees use a standard partition layout provided by Amlogic. For 8GB eMMC, system partition is a bit less than 1GB, data is ~4.8GB. If you want to resize partitions, you have to modify device tree on your own.

• I am working on a workaround for plugins to detect 32-bit userspace properly.

That would be great. I have 2 addons with this issue whilst testing 32bit userspace.
    The authors have no answer in relation to the detection being 64bit during installation.

• Device trees use a standard partition layout provided by Amlogic. For 8GB eMMC, system partition is a bit less than 1GB, data is ~4.8GB. If you want to resize partitions, you have to modify device tree on your own.

@kszac, that's exactly my point. My other s905 boxes do have ~4GB data partitions on 8GB NAND's.

On the s905 100Mbps Realtek (gxbb_p200_1G_100M_REALTEK) it partitions to only 1.4GB (not ~4GB) despite being the same 8GB NAND, which I've tirple-confirmed including a photo of the NAND itself.

Code
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    devtmpfs                305.7M         0    305.7M   0% /dev
    /dev/mmcblk1p1          511.7M    146.2M    365.5M  29% /flash
    /dev/mmcblk1p2            1.4G      1.3G         0 100% /storage
    /dev/loop0              127.0M    127.0M         0 100% /
    tmpfs                   407.6M         0    407.6M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                   407.6M      6.4M    401.2M   2% /run
    tmpfs                   407.6M         0    407.6M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs                   407.6M    244.0K    407.3M   0% /var
    tmpfs                   407.6M         0    407.6M   0% /tmp
  • That would be great. I have 2 addons with this issue whilst testing 32bit userspace.
    The authors have no answer in relation to the detection being 64bit during installation.

Yes, that would be excellent. I am too having some issues with addons that do not work properly when using 32bit installation of LibreELEC.
    [hr]

Trakt.tv runs fine on my S905X box. No problems with 011 or Krypton Alpha.

I have MiniM8S II and it works fine in 7.0.3.011...

It syncs all shows and movies from Kodi library to Trakt.tv and all devices after that...

Rarely it needs to be run manually but 99% of the time is alright...

Edited once, last by logicheart (January 6, 2017 at 4:45 PM).

• @kszac, that's exactly my point. My other s905 boxes do have ~4GB data partitions on 8GB NAND's.

On the s905 100Mbps Realtek (gxbb_p200_1G_100M_REALTEK) it partitions to only 1.4GB (not ~4GB) despite being the same 8GB NAND, which I've tirple-confirmed including a photo of the NAND itself.

Code
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    devtmpfs                305.7M         0    305.7M   0% /dev
    /dev/mmcblk1p1          511.7M    146.2M    365.5M  29% /flash
    /dev/mmcblk1p2            1.4G      1.3G         0 100% /storage
    /dev/loop0              127.0M    127.0M         0 100% /
    tmpfs                   407.6M         0    407.6M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                   407.6M      6.4M    401.2M   2% /run
    tmpfs                   407.6M         0    407.6M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs                   407.6M    244.0K    407.3M   0% /var
    tmpfs                   407.6M         0    407.6M   0% /tmp

This looks like LE running from a 2GB SD card, not internal memory.

• Device trees use a standard partition layout provided by Amlogic. For 8GB eMMC, system partition is a bit less than 1GB, data is ~4.8GB. If you want to resize partitions, you have to modify device tree on your own.

Sorry I'm lost.

8GB eMMC ~4.8GB for data (4.6G on my box) 1 GB for system... where is the rest?

Edited.

Ok, I reply to myself. Not all partitions are mounted and looks like the android device has 10

part-0 = <&logo>;
    part-1 = <&recovery>;
    part-2 = <&rsv>;
    part-3 = <&tee>;
    part-4 = <&crypt>;
    part-5 = <&misc>;
    part-6 = <&instaboot>;
    part-7 = <&boot>;
    part-8 = <&system>;
    part-9 = <&cache>;
    part-10 = <&data>;

kszaq Why the cache partition not is mounted? any specify reason to keep the partition untouched?

Edited once, last by CGarces (January 6, 2017 at 10:53 PM).

• This looks like LE running from a 2GB SD card, not internal memory.

I make some pretty dumb mistakes .. but this isn't one of them, lol.

No SD card is in the device. I don't know if it helps, but I did use the feature you added and recommended, "installtointernal" to move over to the NAND from the SD.

But again, there is no SD in the unit and no USB thumb drive. Nothing. What you are looking at is the NAND patitions.

Could this be a result of the "installtointernal" due to the original SD being 2GB and the "installtointernal" using same partition structure?

• Sorry I'm lost.

8GB eMMC ~4.8GB for data (4.6G on my box) 1 GB for system... where is the rest?

Here is partition list with sizes in device tree provided by Amlogic: linux-amlogic-le/gxbb_p200.dts at amlogic-3.14.y · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le · GitHub

Data partition size "0xffffffff" means "the rest".

I make some pretty dumb mistakes .. but this isn't one of them, lol.

No SD card is in the device. I don't know if it helps, but I did use the feature you added and recommended, "installtointernal" to move over to the NAND from the SD.

But again, there is no SD in the unit and no USB thumb drive. Nothing. What you are looking at is the NAND patitions.

Could this be a result of the "installtointernal" due to the original SD being 2GB and the "installtointernal" using same partition structure?

No, installtointernal script doesn't look at SD card partition size nor does it change partition size. It formats system and data partitions according to size provided by device tree flashed to internal memory. This is because the device tree is parsed by u-boot before any OS loads.

Please look again. If the data you provided was showing internal memory, you'd have /dev/system and /dev/data in first column, not /dev/mmcblk1p1 and /dev/mmcblk1p2.