7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Thanks.
    All and more than you need.
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161119092613-r23439-gc23e2fb.img.gz

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161119092613-r23439-gc23e2fb.tar

gc23e2fb

Thank you. And you say that this version boots all the time?

• Hi,
    I have problem with lagging PVR, see the video...
    Can't say if problem was there before the 7.0.3.011 64 bit version as I just migrated from OpenElec (where PVR works just fine).
    Webif streaming from my OpenATV 5.3 satelite box over the network to PC/tablet is working OK (using vlc player on Windows 10 and smplayer on Linux)
    My box is MiniMX 1GB/8GB, using VU+ / Enigma 2 client PVR plugin.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi,

I have switched from 64bit to 32 bit version of 7.0.3.011 and no problems with lagging on 32 bit version! Thank you for great image.

btw - what sense it make to develop 64bit version? The boxes have typically 1-2GB of RAM...4GB max - that's OK for 32bit kernel which can address max 4GB RAM...or I am wrong?

• btw - what sense it make to develop 64bit version? The boxes have typically 1-2GB of RAM...4GB max - that's OK for 32bit kernel which can address max 4GB RAM...or I am wrong?

You're right.
    kszaq has replied somewhere in a thread ,with the information that 64bit userspace development will progress using Jarvis and Krypton will be 32bit userspace

• [/quote]

Never fails.
    It has the static popping. You know i take notes. ;)
    [/quote]

This static popping is the same as when going from playing movie back to kodi menu after stopping the movie?

Happens even after disabling menu sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Never fails.
    It has the static popping. You know i take notes. ;)

Yes, you are a great help! :cool: [THUMBS UP SIGN]

I will prepare a test kernel soon to test.

btw - what sense it make to develop 64bit version? The boxes have typically 1-2GB of RAM...4GB max - that's OK for 32bit kernel which can address max 4GB RAM...or I am wrong?

Unfortunately there are still some issues with IOCTL when using 32-bit userspace and 64-bit kernel - and we have to use 64-bit kernel. 64-bit version is also handy for users who don't have or don't see a memory leak and don't want to play with reinstalling addons.

It is no extra effort for me - source code for both versions is the same. The only effort is from compiler because I have to compile 2 versions and it takes 2x time.

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM).

• This static popping is the same as when going from playing movie back to kodi menu after stopping the movie?

Happens even after disabling menu sounds.

It never happens during playback. It happens when movie is stopped. Also when sitting idle.
    Disabling Audio i cannot recall.

• Hi,

I have switched from 64bit to 32 bit version of 7.0.3.011 and no problems with lagging on 32 bit version! Thank you for great image.

Hi, sorry I have to correct my statement about reason of PVR lagging, it's caused in both 32bit and 64 bit versions by setting: Video - Adjust display refresh rate to "off".
    If I set it to "Always" or "On start/stop" it's not lag.

• Hi, sorry I have to correct my statement about reason of PVR lagging, it's caused in both 32bit and 64 bit versions by setting: Video - Adjust display refresh rate to "off".
    If I set it to "Always" or "On start/stop" it's not lag.

I have noticed this as well. But still there's still some stuttering when viewing for longer periods of time.

• So, I got my box set up last night.
    - Accessing my network share of Movies and TV shows seems to work well
    - Installing the addons I want seemed to work
    - Updating some settings

I'll give it another few days, but my question is:
    When I decide to install to NAND, does it copy across all the changes I've made (network locations, configuration, addons) or do I have to set them all up again?

Also - is there a reason we can't get the Estuary skin?
    Is that embedded in Kodi 17 or something?

Thanks

• Hello,

I'm running 7.0.3.011 64bit from USB on a mini M8S II 2G/8G. Looks great for the moment and I'll probably switch to internal and 32 bit.

There is one issue that's really annoying for me.

The box is plugged in a Sony AV receiver using an SPDIF optical cable.

After a reboot there is loud noise blasted from the box. This stops after a while and unplugging/plugging the optical cable several times.

Looks like it doesn't happen resuming from suspend.

But, does anyone know a proper fix for this?

Thanks for the great work you're doing with LE.

• I'll give it another few days, but my question is:
    When I decide to install to NAND, does it copy across all the changes I've made (network locations, configuration, addons) or do I have to set them all up again?

Yes, from 7.0.3.010 the script copies all your data to internal partition by default.

• First kernel to test for users who have booting issues. How to use:

• Install 7.0.3.011.
    • Make the box boot. :D
    • Choose kernel URL:

• Login over SSH and exectute:

• SD card:

Code
        mount -o rw,remount /flash
        cd /flash
        rm kernel.img
        wget link_to_kernel_image
        sync
      • Internal:

Code
        cd /tmp
        wget link_to_kernel_image
        dd if=kernel.img of=/dev/boot
    • Reboot, report. ;)
  • Hi,
    It looks like now it's possible to autocopy user data. It didn't do that, before.
    And estuary is just not build for the Jarvis build system.

Edited once, last by atreyu (December 22, 2016 at 3:07 PM).

• hi kszaq i tried both via sd card and internal on my mini mx s905 1gb/8gb realtek wifi and the modified kernel didnt help. it still hangs at boot but instead of 1 in 2 times its more like 1 in 3 times now. i know its not the box because if i use 7.0.2.008 it works properly many times however i notice the back button the stock remote doesnt work and i run into the memory leak issue.

also i have 2 of the mini mx s905 1gb/8gb realtek wifi and same issue on both

kostaman if u can update the nov 19th build it would be much appreciated. i'd like to test that out

• Hi kszak and happy Christmas to you and yours.

Still having boot problems with the modified 32 bit kernel on nand with my mini mx 1g/8g giga ethernet. I haven't kept count as Kashmoney has so I can't tell you if there's been any improvement.

I'm having fun learning how to do the ssh stuff.