7.0.3.010 build for S905/S905X

• I had the same issue at first when I started using these builds. Turned out I was using the wrong device tree. Double check your device tree.

• I had the same issue at first when I started using these builds. Turned out I was using the wrong device tree. Double check your device tree.

Thanks for replying.
    That's probably the cause. But there seems to be only 1 device tree for 2gb s905x, the gxl_p212_2g.dtb.
    I have "dd"ed my original /dev/boot to boot.img and trying to extract information from there currently. Got the filesystem extracted but there is no device tree or anything like it there.

• I just want to report my experience, I have a Beelink MiniMXIII II (s905x, 2GB ram, 8GB rom), flashed an external USB 64GB SSD with this version (didn't change the dtb file) and everything works flawlessly. The system is quick (also due for the ssd) and I can also watch DVB-T channels with a usb Sky Digital Key tuner (it's a rebranded Avermedia A867).

So thank you so much for your work!! Keep going!

• I just want to report my experience, I have a Beelink MiniMXIII II (s905x, 2GB ram, 8GB rom), flashed an external USB 64GB SSD with this version (didn't change the dtb file) and everything works flawlessly. The system is quick (also due for the ssd) and I can also watch DVB-T channels with a usb Sky Digital Key tuner (it's a rebranded Avermedia A867).

So thank you so much for your work!! Keep going!

Even WiFi works without the string of commands told by kszaq? It's been told here that the Beelink MiniMXIII II employs Aigaile WiFi chip that needs adding a few lines in the autostart.sh for the WiFi to work.

Thanks.

• Upgraded to this version on nexbox (s905x, 2gb, 16gb) to internal and working great. I had to use advancedsettings.xml to fix some audio sync issues (85ms delay globally and 200ms delay for 23.976), but apart from that it's all good!

Thanks for all your work kszaq!

• Lots of new post and I'm a bit lost which ones I need to answer... :rolleyes:

I will be looking into (re)booting issue shortly. Weekend was family time, now it's time for a bit of hacking. ;)

The bad news is that between .008 and .009 there was a big kernel bump which I don't want to revert. I hope that (re)booting can be solved with a proper set of kernel config options. Or a patch that will show up from Amlogic. ;)

• Not sure if it helps someone as most don't build from source but I fixed the problem by flashing my "009" build and using the device tree I get from the build rather than from the website as linked. Using same gxl_p212_2g.dtb.
    Will report if I see any problems on x96 box.

• [quote='spoony100','https://207.154.221.202/thread/?postID=23149#post23149']
    Upgraded to this version on nexbox (s905x, 2gb, 16gb) to internal and working great. I had to use advancedsettings.xml to fix some audio sync issues (85ms delay globally and 200ms delay for 23.976), but apart from that it's all good!

Thanks for all

Kindly pm me this advance settings because I am newbie user and kindly explain procedure where I paste this file to correct audio delay?

• Even WiFi works without the string of commands told by kszaq? It's been told here that the Beelink MiniMXIII II employs Aigaile WiFi chip that needs adding a few lines in the autostart.sh for the WiFi to work.

Thanks.

THAT is old news - the Aigale WiFi code is now included directly in the image and no additional amendment to the autostart.sh is required
    See the note by kszaq in the opening post of this thread however - OCCASIONALLY (not always) after a reboot (or power up) it may require the WiFi to be disabled/re-enabled to start the driver.

Drivers for Aigaile WiFi may need to be reloaded from time to time by manually toggling WiFi in LE Settings.

i.e. much of the time it will just work as intended - only if it does not, simple work-around is just to disable/re-enable the WiFi under the LE settings

Edited once, last by DEcosse (December 12, 2016 at 7:46 AM).

• THAT is old news - the Aigale WiFi code is now included directly in the image and no additional amendment to the autostart.sh is required
    See the note by kszaq in the opening post of this thread however - OCCASIONALLY (not always) after a reboot (or power up) it may require the WiFi to be disabled/re-enabled to start the driver.

It has been happening with Qualcomm Wifi module in my TX5 Pro S905x 2GB/16GB so i don't believe it is Aigale related.
    Just letting you know.

Edited once, last by kostaman (December 12, 2016 at 8:00 AM).

• Lots of new post and I'm a bit lost which ones I need to answer... :rolleyes:

I will be looking into (re)booting issue shortly. Weekend was family time, now it's time for a bit of hacking. ;)

The bad news is that between .008 and .009 there was a big kernel bump which I don't want to revert. I hope that (re)booting can be solved with a proper set of kernel config options. Or a patch that will show up from Amlogic. ;)

For the S905 chip I think you might check
    the DTB file from November, 6th. You
    changed something there and since then
    the boot problems occur (on several boxes).

At least, it happens with my Nexbox MXQ 4K Pro
    (S905, 1 GB/100 M).

• For the S905 chip I think you might check
    the DTB file from November, 6th. You
    changed something there and since then
    the boot problems occur (on several boxes).

November 6th is .009 release date and all changes in device trees come from Amlogic kernel updates.

• As I understand it the device trees in the 009 stable buuild (not development builds) and 010 builds are the same, is this correct ? If so, it cant be the device tree that is causing the boot failures. Running 009 build on MiniMX V1 (2G/16G), S905 works fine I dont have the boot failure issue on this build.

But the 010 build does have the boot failure issue.

On my second box new S905X MiniM8S II (2g/16g), I have tried both the 7.0.3.010 64bit and 32 bit builds from SD card, I am currently on the 32 Bit build, it's definitely better on memory usage after playing videos the box generally returns to 10% Memory usage 181 meg. Previouslly this normally used to go up to 550 meg and not really drop after stopping video streams, depending how many videos you played. I havent tested extensively yet but 32 bit build definitely seems to have helped with the memory leak issue. Internal WiFi also works fine 2.4ghz only on this box, I tested streaming a 1080p stream and absolutely fine no issues, my box is only 2 metres away from my router though...

On another note, this MiniM8S II is a lot faster to boot up than my MiniMX in terms of booting into the android OS and also LibreElec. maybe it has faster flash memory. On bootup it displays a Google TV Boot Logo followed by a MBOX boot logo. Also seems snappier and faster in normal usage though. In the MiniMX im using a Class 10 Samsung EVO card (48meg read), in the new S905X MiniM8SII Im using a 16gb Mixza Tohaoll class 10 Monkey edition card (30 meg read)... In terms of read/write rates the Samsung card in the MiniMX shouild be better...

Edited once, last by xsi (December 12, 2016 at 10:50 AM).

• Hi kszaq,I bought the MXQ Pro 4K 1G / 8G 100m network android box.
    I can install libreelec 7.02.006 internal nand and very good working.
    But when I want to install 7.02.009 or 7.03.010 ver. internal nand my electrical appliance is brick.
    It was not startup.
    Than I re-flash MXQ Pro 4K img. and I installed 7.02.009 SD card working good but I can not install to internal nand.
    I can use putty "installtointernal" commands finished.
    I can not see any error message.
    How can I reboot the device screen is going to black screen.
    How can I solve this problem ?

(Sorry my bad english :) )

Edited once, last by nemesis (December 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM).