Posts by Songoty

I had the same issue at first when I started using these builds. Turned out I was using the wrong device tree. Double check your device tree.

Hello.

Like many of you I have the memory issue with my 1gb ram box. It gets bad when browsing media of course, and I believe it's due to the fanart and thumbnails being cached into the ram and then never released.

I was able to change the skin to not display background fanart, and that has improved browsing memory considerably. However it will eventually lock up if I continue browsing through.

I don't have an issue with it not releasing the video cache after playback.

I disabled thumbnails and fanart by setting the maxres to 0 in advancedsettings, but it is still using up a lot of memory.

What do you do to minimize your ram usage on the s905 boxes?

I installed this on a MXQ Pro 4k box I purchased to use with PlexKodiConnect as a test. So far everything is great. Had an issue with sound but that was because while the android system info showed p201, that device tree was not correct. Using the p200 device tree everything is working great.

Only issue is RAM used up quickly when browsing movies/tv shows. I avoid a lockup by using Kore to select what to watch if I am just browsing.

Thank you very much this is exactly what I wanted this box for.