7.0.3.010 build for S905/S905X

• kszaq, mce remote still not working in new build (works in older builds) only up, down,left,right works now. Any chance for a fix ?

I have a Mediagate mce remote and it works fine. All the buttons work. That's with my Beelink Minimx III. I've also used it with my Minix U1 and it works fine there as well.

Edited once, last by Draega (December 10, 2016 at 6:04 PM).

• I'm sorry for the booting issues you are having. I have only 2 S905 boxes and 1 S905X, I test everything on them before posting but it seems like some boxes don't like all the changes. There is only 1 change to I made to kernel behaviour between 009 and 010. Here is the build with that change reverted, should you wish to test:
    7.0.3.010-USB-Revert

Note: device trees are the same in .009 and .010 builds.

I will answer all the questions later.

I find if you boot without any storage devices HDD/SD cards connected it boots properly, I notice it hang when I have my SD inserted which i use for LE backups.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (December 10, 2016 at 6:08 PM).

• I see that you have tested newer versions of gpu-aml between builds.

Can you explain a little bit the error with r6p1-01rel0-2364187?

r6p1 gives slowness and stuttering in GUI, that's why I stick to r5p1.

is 32 bit build better than 64 bit in the latest version ? i am using k1 plus 1GB RAM Tv box.

I dont know whether 64 bit is smoother and faster or is it the 32 bit. Can anyone pls suggest me ?

If you update, stick to 64-bit build. For new installs I recommend 32-bit build as it's less hungry on memory and more addons are compatible.

Thanks once again, kszaq, for all your hard work! I forgot to ask earlier, but did you get the coffee(beer) I sent you?

Most probably yes and thank you!

Change log since FW010:
    1.) Fixed an Amlogic bug that is causing system stuck at logo during boot occasionally

Might have something to do with this.

It would be nice to see what they actually did to solve this. They don't publish sources, do they?

I will look into booting issues ASAP. I hope you'll be OK to test a few development builds before it's resolved... Thanks kostaman and sYCO for reports on working/non working builds... I will try to find what changed that prevents from successful booting.

• I have a Mediagate mce remote and it works fine. All the buttons work. That's with my Beelink Minimx III. I've also used it with my Minix U1 and it works fine there as well.

Also have a Beelink Minimx III and my mce remote was working 100% in 7.0.2.007. In 7.03.010 only some buttons work , but not "ok" and some more buttons.
    Tested with 2 different mce recievers microsoft and hp

edit: the small enter button at the bottom works as ok button !? Do you have a modded remote.xml or lircmap.xml ?

Edit 2 Some Rpi users may had same issue LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

Fixed with patch lirc-0005-uinput.patch

Edited once, last by Jönke (December 10, 2016 at 8:32 PM).

• if you update, stick to 64-bit build. For new installs I recommend 32-bit build as it's less hungry on memory and more addons are compatible.

IMHO 32bit should be recommended version, no sense using 64bit system on devices with small ammount of ram.

In my case on Videostrong M9 4k (1Gib) in 64bit userland kodi uses ~250MB of ram on start, on 32bit is ~200
    50MB is 20% of total ram...

tkanks kszaq Good work.

• Is anyone with booting issues able to grab me a log over serial console?

First off, thank you for your time and support for S905X.
    If another S905X box will help you fine tune even better support, then I will donate one of this to you:
    SCISHION V88 PRO
    Let me know if that is something you can use.

Edited once, last by Wingman112 (December 11, 2016 at 8:32 AM).

• If another S905X box will help you fine tune even better support, then I will donate one of this to you:

NO LINKS TO SELLERS, FORUM RULES.
    Please remove.
    [hr]

Is anyone with booting issues able to grab me a log over serial console?

Is this something i can do using "Terminal" to issue commands on Mac ?
    That's all i've got except an old MacMini with Bootcamp Windows 7 that i don't use unless i have to.

Edited once, last by kostaman (December 11, 2016 at 1:01 AM).

• In my case on Videostrong M9 4k (1Gib) in 64bit userland kodi uses ~250MB of ram on start, on 32bit is ~200
    50MB is 20% of total ram...

tkanks kszaq Good work.

Even with 250MB, it is just about 25% of a 1GB box. Wondering what is the advantage of a 2GB ram box?

• Hi all,
    M18 S905: just confirming 10 occasionally hangs, seems better without peripherals (mouse, usb). 8 working awesome. Its a new box so have the M18-108L firmware that came with the box.

Has anyone got the remote working on an M18? For the life of me i cant get it to be copied on install, manually copy it from Android to LE as instructed but still no dice. Even the Kodi keymapper doesn't register there's a device there. tried several device trees.
    EDIT: solved it - LibreELEC

thx again kszaq, your work is always appreciated.

Edited once, last by stannoplan (December 12, 2016 at 10:41 AM).

• Hi Kszaq,

Here on my Qbox, updating went fine, img.gz and gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb (without renaming it), in the update folder.
    First boot was not succesfull, after I turnd off and back on the device mannually with the remote it was succesfull!

correction: system hangs on reboot!
    Which log should I provide?

Thanks for Your work.
    Jefken.

Edited once, last by Jefken (December 11, 2016 at 7:30 AM).

• Is anyone with booting issues able to grab me a log over serial console?

Hi kszaq,
    thanks for your work and efforts..really appreciated!
    here the bootlog for a beelink minimx 1GB/Gbit LAN (gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb from 7.0.2.009/device_trees)

djndFZNK

hope this can help sort this out.

For ref. here's a good boot log (after 4th attempt at powering up..)
    Rhsg73fw

I think the problem on minimx started with this build:
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161126105954-r23457-g2ce8a84.img
    since was not present in:
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161125201251-r23454-gc9cf673

my 50 cents bet goes to this new kid in town:
    [ 4.081724@0] cpucore_cooling_register, max_cpu_core_num:4
    (joking!)

Edited once, last by stormrev (December 11, 2016 at 10:43 AM).

• Hi Guys,
    after the update from 7.0.3.8 to 7.0.3.10 the audio doesn't work anymore.
    I'm using minimx 1Gb . Any errors on my side ?

Did you update the device tree?

I'm assuming you mean upgrading from 7.0.2.8 to 7.0.3.10 - the device trees changed at 7.0.2.9.