7.0.3.010 build for S905/S905X

• Could you please share how to get that log?

sent from my G2

• Can my information help somehow maybe?

• Can my information help somehow maybe?

Please list your chip S905 OR S905X because just naming these chinese boxes with a chinese name branding will confuse members.
    Always disclose your chip because the chip and ethernet speed are the most important specs.
    This Bootup Freeze seems to be an issue with the S905 Chip and not with the S905x . :)

• MXQ Pro 4K 1GB/8GB - S905

Hi. Thank you for your work

I just wonder what the pros are for 32 bit version, I installed that now. (Lower cpu temp? Now stable at 40 Celsius while streaming high bitrate)

My remote stopped working, was that because I wiped my device when failing to install android back on the box again? I managed to download the file and put it in /flash so now working again :)

Edit: This seems really stable compared to my experience with .009. 3 hours with high bitrate (10 mbit/s stream amcodec), usually start to stutter after a while.

X96 - 2GB/16GB Gigabit - S905X

The 32bit seemed so stable in mxq pro 4k, so I threw it into this box too. This box was cooking at 80-83 Celsius earlier, now running stable while streaming hight bitrate at 60 Celsius.

Edited once, last by ryv (December 11, 2016 at 8:20 PM).

• First time user here.

Everything worked fine for me on a Mini M8S 2GB/8GB device. I used it from an SD card and since everything was fine, I backed it up.

Since it seems I had an issue with the SD card, every time I booted/rebooted the device, it prompted me to fix the file system and after that, the settings were lost and I had to start from scratch.

I backed up my data and settings while it was working and installed it to the Internal memory. I then restored the backup from the USB drive.

I have two issues:

1. Every time it boots, it starts with a black screen and I have to press the home button on the remote in order to see the home screen of Kodi.

2. And the bigger problem - every time I go to a function that requires the virtual keyboard, LibreElec freezes. I tried it with Searching for add-ons, opening the location settings for the weather and typing my username and password for OpenSubtitles. As soon as I click OK on the menu item that is supposed to bring up a keyboard, it freezes and I have to remove the power.

The virtual keyboard was working fine when I was using it with an SD card. I would assume that something happened when I was restoring the backup. Any help or suggestions?

Other than that, the dreaded DTS Passthrough issue from the original Android/Kodi installations is resolved!!! The refresh rate switching to 24Hz works as well!

As soon as I manage to resolve the issue with the virtual keyboard - I will be a happy camper. :)

Thank you for the efforts in creating this.

• Mini MXIII 2g/16G, S905 + gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb, it boots only if I remove hdmi cable and plug it back in after a few seconds. It works apparently well, but I am still testing

• Just installed on Tanix TX5 Pro (s905x) and it hangs up completely when channels switch in PVR.
    Should i use some advanced settings.xml to fix this?

Edited once, last by routir (December 11, 2016 at 5:14 PM).

• S905X (x96 box)
    2GB RAM 16gb flash.
    Booting from USB flash drive.
    Image: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img.gz
    Device tree: gxl_p212_2g.dtb
    On nand: original android

Problem: No sound.

Kodi Settings->System->Audio shows "Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)". Grayed out so unable to switch to anything else. Tried playing with other settings - no effect.

dmesg: LibreELEC:~ # dmesg [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu [ 0.000 - Pastebin.com

Same when compiling "7.0.3.009" from source. Can't compile 7.0.010" from source because of: LibreELEC

Should I try different device tree ?

Thank you for you work !

Update:
    It seems the driver fails, from dmesg:
    [ 3.178934@0] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.47: ASoC: Neither/both codec name/of_node are set for (null)
    [ 3.178940@0] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.47: register aml sound card error -22
    [ 3.178944@0] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.47: Can't probe snd_soc_card
    [ 3.178960@0] aml_snd_m8_card: probe of aml_m8_snd.47 failed with error -22

Edited once, last by x-kent (December 11, 2016 at 6:17 PM).

• Thanks  kszaq

I' ve just succesfully upgraded my Beelink Mini MXIII II from 7.0.2.009 to 7.0.3.010 in internal memory and the update was smooth

Everything works fine except WiFi, so i have to use usb wifi pen in order to use it

No more cracks and pops

Thank you once again

Grazie !!!

• Please list your chip S905 OR S905X because just naming these chinese boxes with a chinese name branding will confuse members.
    Always disclose your chip because the chip and ethernet speed are the most important specs.
    This Bootup Freeze seems to be an issue with the S905 Chip and not with the S905x . :)

Oh, I am sorry, I thought the Nexbox/Otterbox MXQ 4K Pro
    was an obvious thing, because it gets rebranded and sold just
    everywhere.

Alright, it is the S905 chip with 1 GB RAM and 100 MB Ethernet.

Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2GHz
    SDRAM: 1GB DDR3
    Flash: 8GB NAND FLASH

As I said, absolutely no problems with 006, 007 and 008. Somewhere
    in 009 (I guess, beginning with Nov 6th device tree update) it went
    to hell. I remember, the first 009 version was running okay, I think.

Edited once, last by sYCO (December 11, 2016 at 6:04 PM).

• I' ve just succesfully upgraded my Beelink Mini MXIII II from 7.0.2.009 to 7.0.3.010 in internal memory and the update was smooth

Everything works fine except WiFi, so i have to use usb wifi pen in order to use it

roar1984, May I ask which device tree did you use? I'm about to upgrade the Beelink Mini MXIII II in my daughter's room.

Thanks.

• Ok, i managed to localize the second issue. It does not happen when I use the default skin. It happens when I use the Aeon skin, which I had created the backup with.

Anyone else using Aeon? I tried re-applying it but the issue persists. If anyone else uses it without an issue, I'll just go ahead and reset it to defaults to see if the issue persists.